Thread: S3 Solo 2: Uptown Promenade

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default S3 Solo 2: Uptown Promenade

I decided to work on a single spot video, mainly because the limited spots to work with forces a bit more creativity, and also because. Well. I've given the Uptown Promenade about ZERO love ever since I started playing, so I figured it was time I did something special for it. :U
    without any further adieu, I give you my second video ever. :U

As before, gladly accepting any hints, tips, and constructive criticism. It's still a learning process.

PSN
    R3C_-2-_

That was vastly superior then your first video dude. The shopping cart thing was funny and the circus type music was cool and the tricks were really good.. Couple quick things. Now that you have the 10mm down, try to get closer and lower on the skater without cutting through anything. The camera was a bit shaky/jumpy at points, but nothing a deleted key frame can't fix. There are also some minor panbacks in there, so just keep adding frames at the end of the timeline. For a 2nd video though, excellent job.

Real nice, loved it.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

thanks peepz, I'm getting better and better as it goes on, also I have 2 more songs by the same artist for the circus music, so who knows when I may use that again. If it were easier to find good music like that, I'd put it on all my videos xD

big improvement filming-wise,just work on smoothing out the cams and you're gold.
    lots of cool dub grinds and that shopping cart clip was pretty damn funny.

ok, I'll start off by saying this. 360 inwardheelflips/hardflips. Don't do them. People don't useally seem to like them.

ok back on track.

Man great improvement on filming indeed. Loved the cams here. Some minor fuckups, but we all have that. xD
    There was some very nice tricks in there, and some i didn't like as much, but that's me.
    The to last clips were gold.

work on panbacks(where the cam pans back after the trick/line is done) and cutouts of you're landing. I don't really mind headcuts, but boardcuts are a no go for me.

anyways.
    Mads out.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    ok, I'll start off by saying this. 360 inwardheelflips/hardflips. Don't do them. People don't useally seem to like them.

ok back on track.

Man great improvement on filming indeed. Loved the cams here. Some minor fuckups, but we all have that. xD
    There was some very nice tricks in there, and some i didn't like as much, but that's me.
    The to last clips were gold.

work on panbacks(where the cam pans back after the trick/line is done) and cutouts of you're landing. I don't really mind headcuts, but boardcuts are a no go for me.

anyways.
    Mads out.
    Where exactly did I do any inward heel/hardflip of any sort, 360 or otherwise? EDIT: Oh wait, found one. Still, it was a good size drop while still being an easily land-able one, not like it'd be impossible from that height. <_<
    Anyway, the thing about the panbacks is that I didn't figure out how to fix them until I was done with half my clips, and since I had a bad tendency to make my clips too short to fix that after uploading, some of them were stuck with that problem while the second half of the ones I recorded had it fixed, so expect that to be fixed by my next video :P

EDIT: About the tricks, I'm still in the process of developing my style. I want to keep with the double grinds, but it's already getting to the point where soon I'll be practically repeating tricks. I mean, there's only so many you can do. But still. :<
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 10-26-2011 at 04:17 AM.

the tricks were creative and the double grinds are on lock. i thought the 10mm was a bit much tho; like only use it for those clips where u go real up close to the skater.

Banned

not bad man. I like your progression.

Nice man,

A few things I would do different, however thats not say I do it correc way either. For clips where there should be a fish eye, leave the vig on, or add one in your editor. 10mm is a bit much for me 13 to 15 looks better As madsser said the jerky camera can be fixed with less key frames.

360 HFlip/Inward Heel look weird in game, which is a shame, however do the tricks that you want to do, don't pander to the community. Personally I'vebeen trying to work one into a clip/line for ages and thanks to Mr Carlin, I'm going too now.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Thanks for the feedback guys. Taking it all into consideration for next time, but for now, taking a break from filming and such, you know, so I don't burn out on it right away. :P

Back 180 over the rail then rickflip off the drop was one of the best lines I've seen. Really good trick selection on that one. Like others have said, stay away from 10mm and panbacks. Other than that, don't change a thing. Your angles are really good for a more realistic lens, 13-15 like Deacon said would be perfect. Keep it up man.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

thanks man, learning more and more with every vid