Thread: Can connecting to your router wirelessly affect your connection to EA's servers?

Seeing the Light ChocolatCakeMix's Avatar

Default Can connecting to your router wirelessly affect your connection to EA's servers?

I have the xbox slim, and I connect to my router wirelessly. I can almost NEVER connect to EA's servers in any EA game (Skate 3, NFS: HP, BF3). My brother, on the other hand, who also uses an ethernet cable, has no problem at all with connecting, as he plays NCAA all the time online. For those who are able to upload, which type of connection do you use? This is pissing me off. Any help is appreciated.

My friend has issues once in a while with that method not uncommon use an ethernet cable to troubleshoot it if ethernet connection straight in works you know the problem

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

where is your router in relation to your xbox?

Wireless routers do a much better job of sending signal laterally, not vertically. So if your router is downstairs and your xbox is upstairs, it may affect your connection.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i use wifi on my old xbox (the not slim one, with the old wifi stick) and on my ps3 i think it's not effecting my ea connetion at all their servers are just crap!
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Seeing the Light ChocolatCakeMix's Avatar

Thank you guys for willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    where is your router in relation to your xbox?

Wireless routers do a much better job of sending signal laterally, not vertically. So if your router is downstairs and your xbox is upstairs, it may affect your connection.

My router is in the room right next to my xbox. I never had a problem until a couple months ago (when they weren't really working for anyone) and once they started working for a lot of people, they didn't start working for me.

You'll allways have better connection when you're actually connected to your router.
    But if it's right next to the Xbox there shouldn't be that big of a problem.

But when I try to use wireless connection from my room, which is in the other end of the house compared to my routher (like 30 feet away) i can't connect. OR my upload's really slow.
    So there's a possibility that that's the problem.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

it's just ea's fault
    nothing is ever your fault
    EVER
    don't ever doubt your side
    ONLY EA'S FAULT
    EVER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Permy View Post