Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bf3<>mw3

Also... MW3 is going to be bad right now because all the hardcore headz are playing with their friends trying to level up quickly = more of these kinds of dominant groups running (ruining?) a whole game.

The comment about no 50-2 games in BF3 is bang on. It's not about kills. I often have negative k/d but still am leading my team. And I couldn't care any less about that.

BF3 is painfully slow to unlock new gear though... I'm already having fun with new guns/perks/etc in MW3...

Different games for different moods...
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Fluckit Master

It ain't that slow. Sure I've played so far 45h of BF3 and I'm rank 31. But I'm having so much fun, that the fun outweighs the grind for unlocks.
    And yeah.. I actually wish DICE removed KD on battlelog. It makes some people forget about the objective and just wanna go one man army instead. Sure they can do that, as long they're not on my team.

Can I Kick It?
    Steam
    MacksHeadroom
    XBL
    MacksHeadroom

I have no hate for CoD games...If i could play COD 4 right now without hackers i would...

I bought BF3 because i knew i would have fun with it and i only had money for one game....Seeing as MW was going to be exactly the same (online and offline) i didnt think my money was gonna be well spent on CoD

Plus online has turned into a bunch of silly bullshit for CoD since WaW...Fucking RcXd's and deathstreaks and all this other uncontrollable, Russian Roulette type of shit...i would be paying 60 dollars to just be angry

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

For me it isn't the games, it's the community. I've experience far more abuse, hacks, cheap shots, and annoying mic people on CoD than Battlefield, and thus I prefer Battlefield. Either way, I'm getting neither. I'm not huge into shooters, and my "games I want" list is backed up with WAY more games on higher priority. :P

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

call of duty is only fun when i'm baked out of my face.

and even then... blops combat training against the computer would suffice.

Edit... that being said, i MIGGGHT play blops tonight. prolly not tho cuz i think BF would be fun like that too.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

BF3 for me . . . I's much more rewarding when you shoot someone at long distance with ur AR. . . I'm slowly getting better too improving my KDR yet still playing the objective of course.
    I will get Cod after the hype dies down but I dont think I'm missing much atm

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well I guess all I can say in reading is
    Call of Duty isn't a one way game, even if it feels that way or people you get matched up with play the same as the last.. everyone has to adjust.. it is close quarters a majority of the time and if the fact that a player runs and then stops to shoot at you means you dislike it, yeah, you're better off not playing it.
    That's all running and gunning is.. they have real tactics like this.. infiltration methods, flanking.
    I think people are just bitter about losing to a 12 year old.
    New area to explore with the fundamentals already supplied.. the rest is adapting..
    Just like street skating.. if you don't find fun in the game clearly that's ok but I don't think people have the tolerance level to figure certain things out in call of duty so they throw it out the window.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Well I guess all I can say in reading is
    Call of Duty isn't a one way game, even if it feels that way or people you get matched up with play the same as the last.. everyone has to adjust.. it is close quarters a majority of the time and if the fact that a player runs and then stops to shoot at you means you dislike it, yeah, you're better off not playing it.
    That's all running and gunning is.. they have real tactics like this.. infiltration methods, flanking.
    I think people are just bitter about losing to a 12 year old.
    New area to explore with the fundamentals already supplied.. the rest is adapting..
    Just like street skating.. if you don't find fun in the game clearly that's ok but I don't think people have the tolerance level to figure certain things out in call of duty so they throw it out the window.
    I sincerely agree that Counter Strike is a better game than all of these other shitty FPS titles.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

XBL
    TheDietTea

I dig counter strike for sure..
    Can't wait for the new one! Cross Platform Dude.
    I may get back into pc gaming for a bit while I'm here no console in sight..
    I'll have to dig up my steam and xfire names.

There's the same bus from crossfire from CoD4 like 80 times over all the maps.

+ I saw the same bus that were in Scrapyard in MW2 like 5 times in a single map.

Come on Infinity Ward......How hard is it to create a new design for the fucking stuff!?!

XBL
    TheDietTea

It's the MW2 Throwback pack yo gotta pay for them new looks

XBL
    replicant#2618

I dig counter strike for sure..
    Can't wait for the new one! Cross Platform Dude.
    I may get back into pc gaming for a bit while I'm here no console in sight..
    I'll have to dig up my steam and xfire names.
    CS:GO should be interesting. While it is just another rehash of CS (and not really anything new), I like the cross-platform aspect. Although, it will be interesting to see how well pad players can compete with board/mouse users. The only real issue now is people pissing and moaning about it just like they did when we migrated from CS 1.6 to CS:Source. While the graphic update is nice I do hope the hit boxes aren't as fucked as CS:S was at launch. New maps will be welcome since it will still have the 7 original maps and the new fake weapons I dig. Toss a fake grenade and run in blazing while bitches are diving away.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL
    TheDietTea

Right lol..
    Pray n Spray on Source..
    I didn't play much Source
    but I own every CS Version
    I liked 1.6 and condition zero was pretty fun once in a while.

Fluckit Master

Right lol..
    Pray n Spray on Source..
    I didn't play much Source
    but I own every CS Version
    I liked 1.6 and condition zero was pretty fun once in a while.
    1.5 ftw. Screw the shield etc in 1.6, and Source was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_Williams View Post
    Saw that too in a mw3 com earlier..

what the fuck. did they think we weren't going to notice it?!

Some people call it an "Easter Egg" . . . I call it lazy game design

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Some people call it an "Easter Egg" . . . I call it lazy game design
    this

Never played any of the CS games as I don't like playing with a mouse and keyboard. Kinda wish I did as there are some sick looking games out there on PC. In general I like FPS with Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 being my favs, followed closely by Medal of Honor and Brothers in Arms. So stoked about the Rainbow Six Patriots game coming next year some time.

In relaiton to the topic. I bought MW3 and BF3. I liked the campaign on MW3 as rounded off the story that started in COD4 quite nicely. Price going off on one, and making it personal was cool.
    Nothing ground breaking about the game, but I liked it. Loved the sub level and the plane level, enjoyed the last one too. I have always liked the campaigns in all the cod games tbh.

The online hate it with a passion, always have. I liked COD4 onlien but as someone else said hackers ruined it. COD2 online is still good though. Only COD game mode I liked was Barebones on BLOPS. No kills steaks, not attachments, no perks. Bingo - Player skill versus player skill.

BF3 is fast becoming my fav online shooter. I'm totally addicted to Rush and Team Deathmatch games, and I think I can honestly say I like each map. Metro is a personal fav as is Seine Crossing and Theran highway.
    BF3 campaign was good too, though the end could have been better tbh.

In terms of what is better, well that down to personal preference. My preference is BF3 all the way.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Never played any of the CS games as I don't like playing with a mouse and keyboard. Kinda wish I did as there are some sick looking games out there on PC. In general I like FPS with Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 being my favs, followed closely by Medal of Honor and Brothers in Arms. So stoked about the Rainbow Six Patriots game coming next year some time.

In relaiton to the topic. I bought MW3 and BF3. I liked the campaign on MW3 as rounded off the story that started in COD4 quite nicely. Price going off on one, and making it personal was cool.
    Nothing ground breaking about the game, but I liked it. Loved the sub level and the plane level, enjoyed the last one too. I have always liked the campaigns in all the cod games tbh.

The online hate it with a passion, always have. I liked COD4 onlien but as someone else said hackers ruined it. COD2 online is still good though. Only COD game mode I liked was Barebones on BLOPS. No kills steaks, not attachments, no perks. Bingo - Player skill versus player skill.

BF3 is fast becoming my fav online shooter. I'm totally addicted to Rush and Team Deathmatch games, and I think I can honestly say I like each map. Metro is a personal fav as is Seine Crossing and Theran highway.
    BF3 campaign was good too, though the end could have been better tbh.

In terms of what is better, well that down to personal preference. My preference is BF3 all the way.
    3 of my most hated maps :P
    I absolutely hate narrow maps with corridors etc. Highway is okish.. but I expected an urban map like that to be 3 times bigger before I got to play it.
    Metro is god aweful, and does not represent what BF is at all. Seine Crossing feels like a Medal of Honor map, and it's horrible if you wanna flank the enemy. You are more or less forced to face them head on.. This guys sig on the eu uk forums pretty much sums up what I mean.

XBL
    TheDietTea

My guess is all new PC Shooters will be on console too if Counter strike is a success I can see others following.. Counter strike was what gave black ops gun game it's a variant on there..
    Counter strike has so many modded servers I'm just hyped to see if we get to play anyone's server
    It would be like having multiple shooters on one disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Metro is god aweful, and does not represent what BF is at all.
    What is battlefield then? Not all battles are fought in fields or over wide areas! I agree the urban areas could be better if they were bigger, either way nothing worng with cramped map IMO. makes for some hectic action. Fair play though if they are not your cup of tea, its all down to persoanl preference.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Before getting BF3, I would've said, hands down, that mw2 or any previous cod game was better, and that all BF games are bad (only tried BFBC2 and hated it lol). I bought BF3, played it alone for some time, hated the fuck out of it, but when I started playing with some friends, I enjoyed it. I can say I enjoy it a lot now even when playing alone, but for me, I rather the cod series, except black ops (fuck was that game ever bad...) It was enjoyable for some time, but MW was still my favourite so far. Didn't have the chance to buy MW3 yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

And hackers ruin everything, no doubt. Hackers are mad gay.

U just need to find a class / set up that suites you, I wasn't fussed on the game at first I thought it was good but I wasn't good at it, and that made me abit dissheartened. . . but now I'm assult running M416 with IRNV Scope, Foregrip and Suppressor and it's become alot mor enjoyable.

XBL
    replicant#2618

My guess is all new PC Shooters will be on console too if Counter strike is a success I can see others following.. Counter strike was what gave black ops gun game it's a variant on there..
    Counter strike has so many modded servers I'm just hyped to see if we get to play anyone's server
    It would be like having multiple shooters on one disc.
    Cross-Platform is the way lots of games are looking to futureproof themselves.
    Mainly right now we are seeing more FPS and MMORPG's with this in mind.
    I do sense more centralized server structures so less "mod environments" just so the platforms are more controlled.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

YAY CROSSPLATFORM!

that means i can poop on some 12 yr old kid playing with his controller, with my fucking keyboard and mouse which equals BETTER REACTION TIME, BETTER ACCURACY, and MORE FUN!

can't WAIIIIT!

PC gaming <3

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

lol cross platform xbox/ps3 with pc will just be messed up. like madder said, "keyboard and mouse which equals BETTER REACTION TIME, BETTER ACCURACY", so the xbox/ps3 dudes are gonna get fucked in the browneye if that ever happens

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    lol cross platform xbox/ps3 with pc will just be messed up. like madder said, "keyboard and mouse which equals BETTER REACTION TIME, BETTER ACCURACY", so the xbox/ps3 dudes are gonna get fucked in the browneye if that ever happens
    If I'm not completely wrong, that's the way they plan on doing CS:GO (replicant? you know some details?) and my K/D's going up up and awaaaayyyyy!

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    What is battlefield then? Not all battles are fought in fields or over wide areas! I agree the urban areas could be better if they were bigger, either way nothing worng with cramped map IMO. makes for some hectic action. Fair play though if they are not your cup of tea, its all down to persoanl preference.
    I'm not talking about where battles are fought in real life. But in the actual battlefield series.
    Take a look at these maps and you'll see what I mean.

Battlefield 1942 maps
    Battlefield Vietnam maps
    Battlefield 2 maps
    Battlefield 2142 maps
    Battlefield 1943 maps

Then we have BF3
    Battlefield 3 maps

Quite the difference I think in map size... actually HUGE difference.

What I don't like about the cramped maps, is that it turns into a exp grind fest, and spawn trapping.

Let's say you dominate the other team by taking the 5 flags on Seine Crossing, there's basically now way to flank the enemy to obtain a flag on the other side to get a fair fight.

Damavand Peak has a tunnel with a pretty cramped space in the middle of the tunnel, and 2 extremely narrow corridors on either side of the tunnel, where fights tend to turn into a rpg spam fest. Sure there are 1 littlebird heli on either side of the map, but they are easly taken down, by either the other littlebird, or the stingers. So when they go down, you are forced to enter the tunnel and begin spamming rockets again.

Metro on conquest 64 is the biggest joke in BF history ever. It's a rush to get the B flag. Who ever gets there first, pretty much wins the fight.
    I recently got 55-15 by JUST spamming rockets into the ceiling, killing the enemy just above the escalator that were hiding on either side of the walls. And that is rediculous I think.. absolutely dumb.

I find it funny how Patrick Bach (the head of DICE) said that Operation Firestorm is their biggest battlefield map EVER

Yet if you look at El Alamein from 1942, It's almost like El Alamein is 4 times the scale of Firestorm.

Patrick Bach, Biggest gaming troll to date imo.
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 11-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.

I was referencing the fact that Battlefield is attempting to be a war sim, and putting he focus on urban combat. Eitherway I like the narrow fights and the grips about conquest I only play Rusha nd TDM tbh.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

best game ever
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/2/186570935/
    soooooo many points

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    If I'm not completely wrong, that's the way they plan on doing CS:GO (replicant? you know some details?) and my K/D's going up up and awaaaayyyyy!
    Right now CS:GO is definitely PC/Mac/PS3 and under testing (PS3 has option of KB/Mouse, Pad Controller, or Move Controller o_O!). The Xbox 360 version (Controller Only, but hints at Kinect Support) is under testing now, but they are having issues with Microsoft because Valve wants X360 people to use Steamworks for crossplatform play and MS is against this. Hosting will be a bit odd as "Casual" games will be player hosted and "Competitive" games will be Valve hosted.

Stuff I dig: Solo and 5 man Ladders (/drool), smaller models/hit boxes than CS:S, no iron sights, Defuse/Hostage Maps as always, and 1.6 Flash Bangs. Decoy Grenades that when tossed blow up and sound like your team fighting in a different spot sound pretty tits to me.
    Things not sure about: Kevlar Vest, Helm, and Ammo are *FREE* each round, Forced DX9, all weapons "rebalanced", money system changed, new weapon/equip prices, No SourceTV currently...
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Hmm BF3 n MW3 are two very different experiences, COD always feels like paint ball with bullets, even the maps don't seem natural. . . and if I'm playing TDM, even if our team win I'm not happy unless I'm at the top of the leader board, I usually play FFA as I don't really like relying on campers. Infact I hate campers, there's should be a kick up the arse option if you're team mates are doing it. (I haven't actually played MW3 yet but from all accounts I've heard it's basically MW 2.5)

As with BF3, I am really enjoying this game, I've finally found a nice set up I like and I'm also tryna unlock some more stuff in engineer class. Even something as simple as shooting someone across the street in Grand Bazaar feels like an achievement and more I play this game the more I like it. Sure it's not perfect and sometimes you get some annoying team mates (in one game on rush in OM we were the attacking team and 3 of our team mates were way back in the spawn area with sniper rifles. . . WTF?)

I wanna get MW3 eventually, mainly for the campaign but I'm having too much fun with BF3 atm.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Anyone who has any tips on how I can prevent my savegame from getting corrupted? That shit happened to me today, I had played like 7-8 missions and now I gotta do that shit again.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Granka View Post
    Anyone who has any tips on how I can prevent my savegame from getting corrupted? That shit happened to me today, I had played like 7-8 missions and now I gotta do that shit again.
    The most common thing is delete install and clear cache.
    Then you have to be very careful when you save and when you dashboard.
    Never dashboard mid-game and when you save give it a little more time than normal befor elogging off.
    Some suggest saving and dashboarding out of the game before turning the machine off.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    Also... MW3 is going to be bad right now because all the hardcore headz are playing with their friends trying to level up quickly = more of these kinds of dominant groups running (ruining?) a whole game.
    That's how it should be? I don't see the point in a competitive game that has no good players..
    I aim to get good at a game if I am playing for scores, in which multiplayer first person shooters almost always are..
    Don't see any gain from playing people in lower or even equal playing skill.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

so I bought mw3 yesterday, played a little too much, but that's what happens when we get new games... right? lol but anyways, I kinda like what I've seen, but I was disappointed how NOTHING has changed in the multiplayer, except a few guns (where they basically took like half the old guns and renamed them lol), the killstreak bullshit, and how to unlock certain attachments and whatnot. The graphics seem to be a little better, but damn I've never seen soooo many people camp in corners of rooms or at the end of halls on the side of the door or wtv. That ruins it for me. I can't really say which one I like better out of mw3 or bf3, because I seem to enjoy both. One thing I really liked in mw3 was the survival mode, but the multiplayer engine and the player animations and all are still the same... kinda disappointing how they had 2 years to make mw3...

Hmm BF3 n MW3 are two very different experiences, COD always feels like paint ball with bullets, even the maps don't seem natural. . . and if I'm playing TDM, even if our team win I'm not happy unless I'm at the top of the leader board, I usually play FFA as I don't really like relying on campers. Infact I hate campers, there's should be a kick up the arse option if you're team mates are doing it. (I haven't actually played MW3 yet but from all accounts I've heard it's basically MW 2.5)

As with BF3, I am really enjoying this game, I've finally found a nice set up I like and I'm also tryna unlock some more stuff in engineer class. Even something as simple as shooting someone across the street in Grand Bazaar feels like an achievement and more I play this game the more I like it. Sure it's not perfect and sometimes you get some annoying team mates (in one game on rush in OM we were the attacking team and 3 of our team mates were way back in the spawn area with sniper rifles. . . WTF?)

I wanna get MW3 eventually, mainly for the campaign but I'm having too much fun with BF3 atm.
    My feelings exactly. Been having a lot of fun with bf3, and tbh I don't feel like mw3 is worth $60. Seems rehashed as shit. Campaign is prob the only thing that still makes me want to buy it..

Right then, I rented MW3 on weds enjoying the campaign so far (I dont really follow the cinematics tbh, and still only on 3rd mission lol). . . but the multiplayer. . . hmmmm

Now normally when people go on about hit detection and all that I brush it off, I found Blops and MW2 fine, but this is something else, Usually I'm not so pedantic to bring up little issues but when it starts to effect the outcome of a game then I'll voice a concern.
    Howcome half the time it takes them one bullet to kill me and takes me a loads to kill them? Also the lag is a pain in the arse, I find myself shooting at people for them to survive and then fire back at me, watch it back on killcam and it shows I didn't even get a shot off? I know for sure I did.

Also it feels alittle too much like hardcore, there's no stand off like before where you'd have a split second to get your shots in even if ur enemy sees you first, it's just bang dead
    The spawns are also a bit fucked too (always wanted to appear right in the line of fire) . . . Those are my main concerns.
    The maps I find very bland, and not very well thought out, just a clutterfuck really, are we all gonna have to download expension packs now to make the game more interesting?.

I'm starting to think a 2 year release is too much for COD now, prehaps 3/4 years would have been better, but then again I guess everyone was getting bored of blops already.

I don't dislike the game, I just don't find it very overwhelming, for king of the FPS, I really think IW, Sledgehammer and Activision coulda offered a fixed game for the price they're selling it.

I'm not gonna harp on about how it feels too much like MW2 because to be honest I don't expect anything different from them, and even though alot of people aren't happy about it because it still feels the same I'll stick my neck out and say those are the same people who'd complain if they did implement changes, albeit for the better. All I want to see from them is abit more heart into the product, rather than re-jiggin perks, kill streaks weapons.
    Last edited by Ruben_Williams; 11-20-2011 at 12:38 PM.