Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Default Bf3<>mw3

Sibling Rivalry Behold!

Keep it legal gentlemen.

this thing kind've turned into a discussion via chatbox here's my view;;

I've played the BF3 beta sure It was fun but I don't see it as being better.. they are two different games by two different companies.. Battlefield is known for what call of duty is not..
    However call of duty is a respectable franchise reguardless of skill or player count or even features and if it is true that BF3 is somehow better;
    then call of duty is doing great to be a sucky game.

What is luck without the good the bad and the ugly internet connections??
    Nothing.. I believe.

Well first of all, the beta wasn't too representative for the actual full game. Many things have changed and guns have been balanced and nerfed.
    It's not that mw3 isn't good. I think it's just boring, I had fun playing mw2 for a couple of months, but after that it was boring, same with black ops.
    And I already talked to people about it and it feels more like a expansion to mw2 than that it is a new full game. And that's just not worth buying for me, because I'm already bored with it.
    But that's my meaning, people that aren't bored with mw2 and black ops will certainly love mw3.

pfff halo...

XBL
    TheDietTea

So you're going on someone else's opinion?
    Every game is an expansion of the last one if the game is a series.. right?
    What did you honestly expect Modern Warfare 3 would have that it doesn't.. Vehicles?

Banned

When does GTA 5 come out?

Fluckit Master

For you Roke?.. never.

Imo I got bored of CoD after CoD4. CoD4 is still a great game if played on promod servers on pc imo.
    Like sk8eratwar said, mw2 only lasted for a couple of month's for me as well. blops like 3-4 month's.

And after seeing this video of MP, I have made my mind not buying it. Because mw2 was utter garbage and this looks like an exact copy of mw2 but with new weapons, 1 new gamemode that I know of (kill confirmed or whatever) and maps. Nothing else is new.
    It looks the same, sounds the same, plays the same. And I bet mw3 has no server browser but matchmaking just like mw2 on pc which was one of the biggest turn off I had with the game.
    And don't get me started on killstreaks. Because that is the dumbest shit ever put into a video game. Hence why I played promod on pc which doesn't have killstreaks as well as some other features.

I'm not a fanboy of Battlefield (I hate any kind of fanboys.. even BF fanboys) but it does give me something I enjoy. Sure 6 of the currently 9 maps are absolutely horrible and doesn't resemble what BF really is at all.. But the bf2 maps that will come in december for BF3 are 4 of my favourite maps from bf2. And when they are released, I will be playing them maps like an idiot.

What I really hope (but doubt) is that DICE release modtools for BF3. Because the community during BF2 made some awesome mods and maps for that game. Sure they might not be as good looking as DICE's maps.. but they sure are better when it comes to gameplay.

What did you honestly expect Modern Warfare 3 would have that it doesn't.. Vehicles?
    I would've atleast expected a new game engine, or atleast an updated one. Sure don't fix what isn't broken. But using the same game engine as CoD4 which is 5 years old, is a little lazy in my honest opinion.

Although I enjoy BF3 atm, even if it still feels like a beta. I think it would turn out bloody fantastic if EA allowed DICE to release BF3 in december instead of october, just so EA could beat Activision's mw3 release. But since EA did that, DICE didn't have enough time to perfect it. Hence making it feel like a shitty beta.

God sake even the Back to Karkand dlc for BF3 will have enhanced destruction. That says alot that DICE wasn't given enough time by EA to develope their game.

Fuck you EA I'd say.

Now gimme Skyrim and GTAV!!
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 11-08-2011 at 12:24 PM.