Thread: Bf3<>mw3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

seanne basically gave my answer.
    I would've atleast expected a new game engine, or atleast an updated one. Sure don't fix what isn't broken. But using the same game engine as CoD4 which is 5 years old, is a little lazy in my honest opinion.
    I'm going on my own view of how the game looks and plays, on comments from other people yeah, and how my experience with all cod's was.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cocoa powder
    1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
    1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
    2 large eggs, room temperature
    2 tablespoons red food coloring
    1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
    1 pound cream cheese, softened
    2 sticks butter, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
    Chopped pecans and fresh raspberries or strawberries, for garnish

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake papers.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.

Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.

For the Cream Cheese Frosting:

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.

Garnish with chopped pecans and a fresh raspberry or strawberry.

Cook's Note: Frost the cupcakes with a butter knife or pipe it on with a big star tip.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

<3 cupcakes, thanks for the recipe rep =D

XBL
    TheDietTea

Honestly I wasn't a huge MW2 fan myself at first, but then call of duty black ops came out
    and I watched my multiplayer experience slowly slump because of server connections or something like that.. Went back to MW2 once in a while and fucking hounded on people.. just no mercy in having fun.
    Black Ops was a different game that I just couldn't get too far into because of connection issues.. zombies was OK when it WORKED and decent campaign.. but overall It left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Everytime I seem to fail in MW2 it's not because of some connection issue it's because somebody else was on it and I missed it.. I was slacking or not looking every direction before crossing the intersections.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Never cared about COD, never got into it. But I respect the people who play it, no rivalry for me. I got into BF3 through the beta and I thought it was a really fun game so I pre-ordered the game. Now I've been playing it, really good times killing people over Xbox Live

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Glad I let my lil' bro buy this MW3 shit and I didn't fork out £45.

It is just MW2 with a MW2, BLOPS and couple new guns (Can't believe they didn't include an Intervention. Never a fan myself, but that was so popular in MW2 seems dumb to not bring it back). Couple of new kill streaks and game modes. Handful of new features (kill streaks carry on after death, defeats the object of a kill streak surely?). And new maps.

Just played an hour of campaign. That sucks too. New York and London do look pretty sick, but the concept and 'story' element seem pretty dull.

Doesn't seem like you get much for £45, and they want people to dish out another £30 for this 'elite' feature?! Don't understand it, but seems like you get maps earlier or something?

Never got into BF2, bring on Assassins Creed and Saints Row for the lulzzzzzz.

First. Neither one of the games are bad.

This is all about preference in my opinion. Two games, two styles. I don't have to explain the styles. We know what these games are about. YOU have to find what fits for YOU. To be reliant on other peoples' opinions is just poor judgement. Yes, mw3 looks like mw2, but what else is it suppossed to look like? A Call of Duty franchise game is going to look like a Call of Duty franchise game.

I didn't pick MW3 up because, and there's only one damn reason to this.
    I'm a PC gamer at heart. And Activision doesn't give a damn about PC gamers.

FPS capped at 90(I mean what the fuck!?!)
    no console, that means no way to edit ANYTHING in the game(CoD4<3)
    FOV stuck @65. (MY EYES! MY EYES!!!)

(btw, I'm also a competitive gamer)
    Anything else can be found in here:

BF3 sold 5 mil the first week: http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefie...d-pc-combined/

its been the fastest selling game for EA.
    i dont see how this really contributes to the discussion but its just a little fun fact.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    First. Neither one of the games are bad.

This is all about preference in my opinion. Two games, two styles. I don't have to explain the styles. We know what these games are about. YOU have to find what fits for YOU. To be reliant on other peoples' opinions is just poor judgement. Yes, mw3 looks like mw2, but what else is it suppossed to look like? A Call of Duty franchise game is going to look like a Call of Duty franchise game.
    Completely get where your coming from. My brother won't stop raving about how amazing it is and so much better than MW2.

And yes, its the next in line from MW2, so it would obviously have some similarities. But it all feels a bit too similar to me. Like look at MW then MW2. It feels like the next installment, but completely different. And then MW2 to MW3.

Never got majorly into the COD series, but I did play on the regular solely because all my mates did. Maybe I'm missing something, and it's just not my cup of tea.

They're just different experiences. MW is more "fun" if you want to jump into games and shoot people in the face. The killstreaks and all that jazz are just that: fun.

BF3 is much more of a battle sim. You aren't gonna be sprinting around the map runnin'and'gunnin... It's more strategic and soooooo much more fun when playing with friends in your squad. I just played last night with Roc and Perm, and I had a blast. Most fun I ever had with BF.

I told myself I was going to switch over to BF3 and not get MW3... but I picked it up today and am installing it now. I am stoked to play. I just want to shoot some peeps in the face!!! lol
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "