Thread: Bf3<>mw3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Metro is god aweful, and does not represent what BF is at all.
    What is battlefield then? Not all battles are fought in fields or over wide areas! I agree the urban areas could be better if they were bigger, either way nothing worng with cramped map IMO. makes for some hectic action. Fair play though if they are not your cup of tea, its all down to persoanl preference.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Before getting BF3, I would've said, hands down, that mw2 or any previous cod game was better, and that all BF games are bad (only tried BFBC2 and hated it lol). I bought BF3, played it alone for some time, hated the fuck out of it, but when I started playing with some friends, I enjoyed it. I can say I enjoy it a lot now even when playing alone, but for me, I rather the cod series, except black ops (fuck was that game ever bad...) It was enjoyable for some time, but MW was still my favourite so far. Didn't have the chance to buy MW3 yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

And hackers ruin everything, no doubt. Hackers are mad gay.

U just need to find a class / set up that suites you, I wasn't fussed on the game at first I thought it was good but I wasn't good at it, and that made me abit dissheartened. . . but now I'm assult running M416 with IRNV Scope, Foregrip and Suppressor and it's become alot mor enjoyable.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    What is battlefield then? Not all battles are fought in fields or over wide areas! I agree the urban areas could be better if they were bigger, either way nothing worng with cramped map IMO. makes for some hectic action. Fair play though if they are not your cup of tea, its all down to persoanl preference.
    I'm not talking about where battles are fought in real life. But in the actual battlefield series.
    Take a look at these maps and you'll see what I mean.

Battlefield 1942 maps
    Battlefield Vietnam maps
    Battlefield 2 maps
    Battlefield 2142 maps
    Battlefield 1943 maps

Then we have BF3
    Battlefield 3 maps

Quite the difference I think in map size... actually HUGE difference.

What I don't like about the cramped maps, is that it turns into a exp grind fest, and spawn trapping.

Let's say you dominate the other team by taking the 5 flags on Seine Crossing, there's basically now way to flank the enemy to obtain a flag on the other side to get a fair fight.

Damavand Peak has a tunnel with a pretty cramped space in the middle of the tunnel, and 2 extremely narrow corridors on either side of the tunnel, where fights tend to turn into a rpg spam fest. Sure there are 1 littlebird heli on either side of the map, but they are easly taken down, by either the other littlebird, or the stingers. So when they go down, you are forced to enter the tunnel and begin spamming rockets again.

Metro on conquest 64 is the biggest joke in BF history ever. It's a rush to get the B flag. Who ever gets there first, pretty much wins the fight.
    I recently got 55-15 by JUST spamming rockets into the ceiling, killing the enemy just above the escalator that were hiding on either side of the walls. And that is rediculous I think.. absolutely dumb.

I find it funny how Patrick Bach (the head of DICE) said that Operation Firestorm is their biggest battlefield map EVER

Yet if you look at El Alamein from 1942, It's almost like El Alamein is 4 times the scale of Firestorm.

Patrick Bach, Biggest gaming troll to date imo.
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 11-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.

I was referencing the fact that Battlefield is attempting to be a war sim, and putting he focus on urban combat. Eitherway I like the narrow fights and the grips about conquest I only play Rusha nd TDM tbh.