Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bf3<>mw3

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default Bf3<>mw3

Sibling Rivalry Behold!

Keep it legal gentlemen.

this thing kind've turned into a discussion via chatbox here's my view;;

I've played the BF3 beta sure It was fun but I don't see it as being better.. they are two different games by two different companies.. Battlefield is known for what call of duty is not..
    However call of duty is a respectable franchise reguardless of skill or player count or even features and if it is true that BF3 is somehow better;
    then call of duty is doing great to be a sucky game.

What is luck without the good the bad and the ugly internet connections??
    Nothing.. I believe.

Well first of all, the beta wasn't too representative for the actual full game. Many things have changed and guns have been balanced and nerfed.
    It's not that mw3 isn't good. I think it's just boring, I had fun playing mw2 for a couple of months, but after that it was boring, same with black ops.
    And I already talked to people about it and it feels more like a expansion to mw2 than that it is a new full game. And that's just not worth buying for me, because I'm already bored with it.
    But that's my meaning, people that aren't bored with mw2 and black ops will certainly love mw3.

pfff halo...

XBL
    TheDietTea

So you're going on someone else's opinion?
    Every game is an expansion of the last one if the game is a series.. right?
    What did you honestly expect Modern Warfare 3 would have that it doesn't.. Vehicles?

Banned

When does GTA 5 come out?

Fluckit Master

For you Roke?.. never.

Imo I got bored of CoD after CoD4. CoD4 is still a great game if played on promod servers on pc imo.
    Like sk8eratwar said, mw2 only lasted for a couple of month's for me as well. blops like 3-4 month's.

And after seeing this video of MP, I have made my mind not buying it. Because mw2 was utter garbage and this looks like an exact copy of mw2 but with new weapons, 1 new gamemode that I know of (kill confirmed or whatever) and maps. Nothing else is new.
    It looks the same, sounds the same, plays the same. And I bet mw3 has no server browser but matchmaking just like mw2 on pc which was one of the biggest turn off I had with the game.
    And don't get me started on killstreaks. Because that is the dumbest shit ever put into a video game. Hence why I played promod on pc which doesn't have killstreaks as well as some other features.

I'm not a fanboy of Battlefield (I hate any kind of fanboys.. even BF fanboys) but it does give me something I enjoy. Sure 6 of the currently 9 maps are absolutely horrible and doesn't resemble what BF really is at all.. But the bf2 maps that will come in december for BF3 are 4 of my favourite maps from bf2. And when they are released, I will be playing them maps like an idiot.

What I really hope (but doubt) is that DICE release modtools for BF3. Because the community during BF2 made some awesome mods and maps for that game. Sure they might not be as good looking as DICE's maps.. but they sure are better when it comes to gameplay.

What did you honestly expect Modern Warfare 3 would have that it doesn't.. Vehicles?
    I would've atleast expected a new game engine, or atleast an updated one. Sure don't fix what isn't broken. But using the same game engine as CoD4 which is 5 years old, is a little lazy in my honest opinion.

Although I enjoy BF3 atm, even if it still feels like a beta. I think it would turn out bloody fantastic if EA allowed DICE to release BF3 in december instead of october, just so EA could beat Activision's mw3 release. But since EA did that, DICE didn't have enough time to perfect it. Hence making it feel like a shitty beta.

God sake even the Back to Karkand dlc for BF3 will have enhanced destruction. That says alot that DICE wasn't given enough time by EA to develope their game.

Fuck you EA I'd say.

Now gimme Skyrim and GTAV!!
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 11-08-2011 at 12:24 PM.

seanne basically gave my answer.
    I would've atleast expected a new game engine, or atleast an updated one. Sure don't fix what isn't broken. But using the same game engine as CoD4 which is 5 years old, is a little lazy in my honest opinion.
    I'm going on my own view of how the game looks and plays, on comments from other people yeah, and how my experience with all cod's was.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cocoa powder
    1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
    1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
    2 large eggs, room temperature
    2 tablespoons red food coloring
    1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
    1 pound cream cheese, softened
    2 sticks butter, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
    Chopped pecans and fresh raspberries or strawberries, for garnish

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake papers.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.

Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.

For the Cream Cheese Frosting:

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.

Garnish with chopped pecans and a fresh raspberry or strawberry.

Cook's Note: Frost the cupcakes with a butter knife or pipe it on with a big star tip.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

<3 cupcakes, thanks for the recipe rep =D

XBL
    TheDietTea

Honestly I wasn't a huge MW2 fan myself at first, but then call of duty black ops came out
    and I watched my multiplayer experience slowly slump because of server connections or something like that.. Went back to MW2 once in a while and fucking hounded on people.. just no mercy in having fun.
    Black Ops was a different game that I just couldn't get too far into because of connection issues.. zombies was OK when it WORKED and decent campaign.. but overall It left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Everytime I seem to fail in MW2 it's not because of some connection issue it's because somebody else was on it and I missed it.. I was slacking or not looking every direction before crossing the intersections.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Never cared about COD, never got into it. But I respect the people who play it, no rivalry for me. I got into BF3 through the beta and I thought it was a really fun game so I pre-ordered the game. Now I've been playing it, really good times killing people over Xbox Live

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Glad I let my lil' bro buy this MW3 shit and I didn't fork out Ā£45.

It is just MW2 with a MW2, BLOPS and couple new guns (Can't believe they didn't include an Intervention. Never a fan myself, but that was so popular in MW2 seems dumb to not bring it back). Couple of new kill streaks and game modes. Handful of new features (kill streaks carry on after death, defeats the object of a kill streak surely?). And new maps.

Just played an hour of campaign. That sucks too. New York and London do look pretty sick, but the concept and 'story' element seem pretty dull.

Doesn't seem like you get much for Ā£45, and they want people to dish out another Ā£30 for this 'elite' feature?! Don't understand it, but seems like you get maps earlier or something?

Never got into BF2, bring on Assassins Creed and Saints Row for the lulzzzzzz.

First. Neither one of the games are bad.

This is all about preference in my opinion. Two games, two styles. I don't have to explain the styles. We know what these games are about. YOU have to find what fits for YOU. To be reliant on other peoples' opinions is just poor judgement. Yes, mw3 looks like mw2, but what else is it suppossed to look like? A Call of Duty franchise game is going to look like a Call of Duty franchise game.

I didn't pick MW3 up because, and there's only one damn reason to this.
    I'm a PC gamer at heart. And Activision doesn't give a damn about PC gamers.

FPS capped at 90(I mean what the fuck!?!)
    no console, that means no way to edit ANYTHING in the game(CoD4<3)
    FOV stuck @65. (MY EYES! MY EYES!!!)

(btw, I'm also a competitive gamer)
    Anything else can be found in here:

BF3 sold 5 mil the first week: http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefie...d-pc-combined/

its been the fastest selling game for EA.
    i dont see how this really contributes to the discussion but its just a little fun fact.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    First. Neither one of the games are bad.

This is all about preference in my opinion. Two games, two styles. I don't have to explain the styles. We know what these games are about. YOU have to find what fits for YOU. To be reliant on other peoples' opinions is just poor judgement. Yes, mw3 looks like mw2, but what else is it suppossed to look like? A Call of Duty franchise game is going to look like a Call of Duty franchise game.
    Completely get where your coming from. My brother won't stop raving about how amazing it is and so much better than MW2.

And yes, its the next in line from MW2, so it would obviously have some similarities. But it all feels a bit too similar to me. Like look at MW then MW2. It feels like the next installment, but completely different. And then MW2 to MW3.

Never got majorly into the COD series, but I did play on the regular solely because all my mates did. Maybe I'm missing something, and it's just not my cup of tea.

They're just different experiences. MW is more "fun" if you want to jump into games and shoot people in the face. The killstreaks and all that jazz are just that: fun.

BF3 is much more of a battle sim. You aren't gonna be sprinting around the map runnin'and'gunnin... It's more strategic and soooooo much more fun when playing with friends in your squad. I just played last night with Roc and Perm, and I had a blast. Most fun I ever had with BF.

I told myself I was going to switch over to BF3 and not get MW3... but I picked it up today and am installing it now. I am stoked to play. I just want to shoot some peeps in the face!!! lol
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Tony Hawk Vs. EA Skate.

Jus sayinnnnn'
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    Tony Hawk Vs. EA Skate.

Jus sayinnnnn'
    Dude, Tony Hawk 2012 is going to be the shit. I hear they completely ripped off the Flickit system and even let you use controllers again.
    Last edited by replicant; 11-09-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: cause the button works
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    You aren't gonna be sprinting around the map runnin'and'gunnin... It's more strategic
    So that's why i suck at it!

And now to really contribute something to this thread - SKRYIM PWNS ALL!!!!11!!1!! omgwtfbbqlolzorz
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Dude, Tony Hawk 2012 is going to be the shit. I hear they completely ripped off the Flickit system and even let you use controllers again.
    Still gonna be an arcadish game, like always. I tend to dislike that.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba12 View Post
    SKRYIM PWNS ALL!!!!11!!1!! omgwtfbbqlolzorz
    pff halo

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

always going to pick battlefield over cod
    le always
    i like me some realism when i fakekill people
    AND playing with bros online is the fun
    mack/momadaddy/south/magic/shady4coon<3 (and everyone else

I've never got into the cod games, had cod 3 didn't care for it, can't be bothered

where the fuck is my GTA V

OH and Alan Wake sequel announcement at Spike TV VGA's
    I'M DRIPPING :3

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Still gonna be an arcadish game, like always. I tend to dislike that.
    Skate 3 is an arcade game too

XBL
    TheDietTea

Battle Sim? lol
    Smart person throws flashbang and rushes at close range
    I was running and gunning in the BF3 Beta I think we lost like one match?

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    Skate 3 is an arcade game too
    True. But Skate is far more realistic than any other Tony Hawk game.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

MW3 campaign sucks major penis.

Played 4 and half hours now. The way the story goes, you think your at the end. Turns out I'm 48% complete. Takes the piss. I like a long campaign in games, if every 'level' isn't a chore and brings something new. But no, every location, find someone, or get to the LZ and shoot your way out. Doesn't even seem like there is any strategy, besides hide behind a barricade and pop up every now and again.

Other COD's had little bit's in between to break up the story, and tell more about it. Like the Airport one in MW2 for example. And there isn't anything other than shoot your way through a village to find Makrov, and then miss him by seconds, every mother fucking time.

God I hate this game, but I gotta finish it.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Battle Sim? lol
    Smart person throws flashbang and rushes at close range
    I was running and gunning in the BF3 Beta I think we lost like one match?
    Beta was free to all.

COD crowd, waiting for ttheir new game, flooded the open beta. Closed beta, that shit didn't fly.
    Beta map had no vehicles, no air support, and did a piss poor job of keeping squads together when entering games.
    Op Metro is probably one of the only maps you can think about run and gunning on.
    and i'd still like to see how you run and gun'd the first base.

case study. played bc2 for awhile. lvl 0 - ~10 (about 1.5 months of solid play time)
    went to play some blops. 35-2 first game. It's THAT easy.
    I still don't have a positive K/D in BF3... but i have a W/L of 1.68.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Wow ben.

Is it that ruthlessly terrible...?
    Or does the trendy anti-cod commentary have an influence...?

Just asking. I mean its whatever. PERSONALLY, after playing BC2 for a few more days... and getting used to it... IDK. I think I may fall more on the Battlefield end... in the future. All I've been saying, and I'll say it again... I enjoy both games for what they are. I think that can be pretty fun; adapting to each game.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    Wow ben.

Is it that ruthlessly terrible...?
    I honestly think so. I keep expecting something different, but it's just the same. One mission starts off on a plane, figured it would be different. Nope, onslaught of enemies, kill em, find the president of Russia, mission done. Too repetitive, too boring.

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    I honestly think so. I keep expecting something different, but it's just the same. One mission starts off on a plane, figured it would be different. Nope, onslaught of enemies, kill em, find the president of Russia, mission done. Too repetitive, too boring.
    alrighty then. iry anyway.

bitch.

this just in. MW has the WORST FUCKING PLAYERS. The game is fun a fuck. As long as you don't have fucks that exploit every little aspect of the game to dominate.

BF3 is much more insulated against this type of player.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Steam
    Monkadelic

my KDR blows goats in bf3 right now- but im running with the objectives and getting points that way... I kinda started out as lone wolf running around trying to frag ppl but it bit me in the ass early on in the game but im slowly getting my KDR back up. w/l is about 1.4 ish. but the funny thing about running the objectives and using your squad to attack and defend the right way i can have 1 kill and 9 deaths and still be top 3-5 on my team with points just for playing the roles. sure wish i could use a mouse on the xbox tho, cuz i cant aim worth a shit with controller lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    sure wish i could use a mouse on the xbox tho, cuz i cant aim worth a shit with controller lol.
    Get it for PC?
    Better graphics, mouse and keyboard. There's nothing to dislike?

Steam
    Monkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    Get it for PC?
    Better graphics, mouse and keyboard. There's nothing to dislike?
    im working on building a gaming rig right now- my laptop ive had for 2 years cant even begin to handle bf3 on lo settings. 2-3 months i should be done with it- i might swap over ; but ultimatly i will most likely be getting skyrim for pc- because i just can not play elder scrolls on a console; EVER!

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    this just in. MW has the WORST FUCKING PLAYERS. The game is fun a fuck. As long as you don't have fucks that exploit every little aspect of the game to dominate.

BF3 is much more insulated against this type of player.
    I have a friend who plays BF3 simply because of the players compared to the COD crowd.
    He got called a "Nigger Faggot" too many times and refuses to ever play a COD game again.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    I have a friend who plays BF3 simply because of the players compared to the COD crowd.
    He got called a "Nigger Faggot" too many times and refuses to ever play a COD game again.
    Aother reason why I don't play CoD any longer.
    More or less always when I joined a random game on blops, I hear people shouting, screaming, swearing, thinking they're so damn awesome that they have to talk trash to everyone etc etc.

I can't stand CoD players these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Aother reason why I don't play CoD any longer.
    More or less always when I joined a random game on blops, I hear people shouting, screaming, swearing, thinking they're so damn awesome that they have to talk trash to everyone etc etc.

I can't stand CoD players these days.
    that's why there's a mute option...*bleepbloop*
    no more shouting kids calling you a stinky faggot.

But I do agree. It seems that Battlefield have a more mature audience. I don't know how that is. Possibly because "kids" just want to run around and shoot at people, where in Battlefield, it takes a certain amount of patience if you want to be successful.
    You're not going to see someone get like 50-2 in Battlefield most of the time. And that's why I like it. One person can't win the entire game for your team. You have to work together to win. And with that, I think that the "kids" fall off the wagon. Because no one want's to work together with a 9 year old kid telling you that you can suck his dick, whilst he's calling you a fag.

Battlefield 3 = Nicer people.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Exploits eventually get patched..
    Helps the game take shape to have them noticed.
    Even then it depends how you define an exploit right?
    Spawn trapping is a tactic.. I remember MW2 being a little bit better about spawns than black ops.
    Can't put your head down and expect to excel while playing battlefield you can spawn way back and come in hot having taken your time.
    That's just one reference not saying that is why you hate COD
    but if you put in a mic what do you expect to hear?
    I don't think I've heard helpful communication in any call of duty game.
    I liked Ghost Recon for that aspect though had to say that was a nice change of pace
    almost everyone in that game was focused on the objective and called out enemy locations.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    that's why there's a mute option...*bleepbloop*
    no more shouting kids calling you a stinky faggot.

But I do agree. It seems that Battlefield have a more mature audience. I don't know how that is. Possibly because "kids" just want to run around and shoot at people, where in Battlefield, it takes a certain amount of patience if you want to be successful.
    You're not going to see someone get like 50-2 in Battlefield most of the time. And that's why I like it. One person can't win the entire game for your team. You have to work together to win. And with that, I think that the "kids" fall off the wagon. Because no one want's to work together with a 9 year old kid telling you that you can suck his dick, whilst he's calling you a fag.

Battlefield 3 = Nicer people.
    I haven't gotten 50-2... but I got yesterday 55-15 on operation metro conquest 64 lol. Rocket spam from the start of the escalator in the tunnel, to the roof behind the wall of each side of the escalator. Got many many kills that way :P
    Such an aweful grind fest map...