Thread: Bf3<>mw3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I dig counter strike for sure..
    Can't wait for the new one! Cross Platform Dude.
    I may get back into pc gaming for a bit while I'm here no console in sight..
    I'll have to dig up my steam and xfire names.
    CS:GO should be interesting. While it is just another rehash of CS (and not really anything new), I like the cross-platform aspect. Although, it will be interesting to see how well pad players can compete with board/mouse users. The only real issue now is people pissing and moaning about it just like they did when we migrated from CS 1.6 to CS:Source. While the graphic update is nice I do hope the hit boxes aren't as fucked as CS:S was at launch. New maps will be welcome since it will still have the 7 original maps and the new fake weapons I dig. Toss a fake grenade and run in blazing while bitches are diving away.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

XBL
    TheDietTea

Right lol..
    Pray n Spray on Source..
    I didn't play much Source
    but I own every CS Version
    I liked 1.6 and condition zero was pretty fun once in a while.

Fluckit Master

Right lol..
    Pray n Spray on Source..
    I didn't play much Source
    but I own every CS Version
    I liked 1.6 and condition zero was pretty fun once in a while.
    1.5 ftw. Screw the shield etc in 1.6, and Source was garbage.

Never played any of the CS games as I don't like playing with a mouse and keyboard. Kinda wish I did as there are some sick looking games out there on PC. In general I like FPS with Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 being my favs, followed closely by Medal of Honor and Brothers in Arms. So stoked about the Rainbow Six Patriots game coming next year some time.

In relaiton to the topic. I bought MW3 and BF3. I liked the campaign on MW3 as rounded off the story that started in COD4 quite nicely. Price going off on one, and making it personal was cool.
    Nothing ground breaking about the game, but I liked it. Loved the sub level and the plane level, enjoyed the last one too. I have always liked the campaigns in all the cod games tbh.

The online hate it with a passion, always have. I liked COD4 onlien but as someone else said hackers ruined it. COD2 online is still good though. Only COD game mode I liked was Barebones on BLOPS. No kills steaks, not attachments, no perks. Bingo - Player skill versus player skill.

BF3 is fast becoming my fav online shooter. I'm totally addicted to Rush and Team Deathmatch games, and I think I can honestly say I like each map. Metro is a personal fav as is Seine Crossing and Theran highway.
    BF3 campaign was good too, though the end could have been better tbh.

In terms of what is better, well that down to personal preference. My preference is BF3 all the way.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Never played any of the CS games as I don't like playing with a mouse and keyboard. Kinda wish I did as there are some sick looking games out there on PC. In general I like FPS with Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 being my favs, followed closely by Medal of Honor and Brothers in Arms. So stoked about the Rainbow Six Patriots game coming next year some time.

In relaiton to the topic. I bought MW3 and BF3. I liked the campaign on MW3 as rounded off the story that started in COD4 quite nicely. Price going off on one, and making it personal was cool.
    Nothing ground breaking about the game, but I liked it. Loved the sub level and the plane level, enjoyed the last one too. I have always liked the campaigns in all the cod games tbh.

The online hate it with a passion, always have. I liked COD4 onlien but as someone else said hackers ruined it. COD2 online is still good though. Only COD game mode I liked was Barebones on BLOPS. No kills steaks, not attachments, no perks. Bingo - Player skill versus player skill.

BF3 is fast becoming my fav online shooter. I'm totally addicted to Rush and Team Deathmatch games, and I think I can honestly say I like each map. Metro is a personal fav as is Seine Crossing and Theran highway.
    BF3 campaign was good too, though the end could have been better tbh.

In terms of what is better, well that down to personal preference. My preference is BF3 all the way.
    3 of my most hated maps :P
    I absolutely hate narrow maps with corridors etc. Highway is okish.. but I expected an urban map like that to be 3 times bigger before I got to play it.
    Metro is god aweful, and does not represent what BF is at all. Seine Crossing feels like a Medal of Honor map, and it's horrible if you wanna flank the enemy. You are more or less forced to face them head on.. This guys sig on the eu uk forums pretty much sums up what I mean.

XBL
    TheDietTea

My guess is all new PC Shooters will be on console too if Counter strike is a success I can see others following.. Counter strike was what gave black ops gun game it's a variant on there..
    Counter strike has so many modded servers I'm just hyped to see if we get to play anyone's server
    It would be like having multiple shooters on one disc.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

My guess is all new PC Shooters will be on console too if Counter strike is a success I can see others following.. Counter strike was what gave black ops gun game it's a variant on there..
    Counter strike has so many modded servers I'm just hyped to see if we get to play anyone's server
    It would be like having multiple shooters on one disc.
    Cross-Platform is the way lots of games are looking to futureproof themselves.
    Mainly right now we are seeing more FPS and MMORPG's with this in mind.
    I do sense more centralized server structures so less "mod environments" just so the platforms are more controlled.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Metro is god aweful, and does not represent what BF is at all.
    What is battlefield then? Not all battles are fought in fields or over wide areas! I agree the urban areas could be better if they were bigger, either way nothing worng with cramped map IMO. makes for some hectic action. Fair play though if they are not your cup of tea, its all down to persoanl preference.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Before getting BF3, I would've said, hands down, that mw2 or any previous cod game was better, and that all BF games are bad (only tried BFBC2 and hated it lol). I bought BF3, played it alone for some time, hated the fuck out of it, but when I started playing with some friends, I enjoyed it. I can say I enjoy it a lot now even when playing alone, but for me, I rather the cod series, except black ops (fuck was that game ever bad...) It was enjoyable for some time, but MW was still my favourite so far. Didn't have the chance to buy MW3 yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

And hackers ruin everything, no doubt. Hackers are mad gay.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    What is battlefield then? Not all battles are fought in fields or over wide areas! I agree the urban areas could be better if they were bigger, either way nothing worng with cramped map IMO. makes for some hectic action. Fair play though if they are not your cup of tea, its all down to persoanl preference.
    I'm not talking about where battles are fought in real life. But in the actual battlefield series.
    Take a look at these maps and you'll see what I mean.

Battlefield 1942 maps
    Battlefield Vietnam maps
    Battlefield 2 maps
    Battlefield 2142 maps
    Battlefield 1943 maps

Then we have BF3
    Battlefield 3 maps

Quite the difference I think in map size... actually HUGE difference.

What I don't like about the cramped maps, is that it turns into a exp grind fest, and spawn trapping.

Let's say you dominate the other team by taking the 5 flags on Seine Crossing, there's basically now way to flank the enemy to obtain a flag on the other side to get a fair fight.

Damavand Peak has a tunnel with a pretty cramped space in the middle of the tunnel, and 2 extremely narrow corridors on either side of the tunnel, where fights tend to turn into a rpg spam fest. Sure there are 1 littlebird heli on either side of the map, but they are easly taken down, by either the other littlebird, or the stingers. So when they go down, you are forced to enter the tunnel and begin spamming rockets again.

Metro on conquest 64 is the biggest joke in BF history ever. It's a rush to get the B flag. Who ever gets there first, pretty much wins the fight.
    I recently got 55-15 by JUST spamming rockets into the ceiling, killing the enemy just above the escalator that were hiding on either side of the walls. And that is rediculous I think.. absolutely dumb.

I find it funny how Patrick Bach (the head of DICE) said that Operation Firestorm is their biggest battlefield map EVER

Yet if you look at El Alamein from 1942, It's almost like El Alamein is 4 times the scale of Firestorm.

Patrick Bach, Biggest gaming troll to date imo.
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 11-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.