Thread: NY Perspective

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default NY Perspective

Happy to announce the start of something beautiful in Brooklyn Newyork
    Adapting with some really unique tricks and I think I'm at the top of my skill set.
    Came to get IT Training but my off days I'm skating in ways I never thought of before.
    This is a heads up for my first solo video in progress.. NYP Newyork Perspective.
    I should have a teaser soon, and from there who knows what else I can come up with before I leave. Stay Tuned, I think this could be something great with the right kind of support that I know Fluckit can provide.
    I'll dig this thread up again once I have footage, feel free to comment if you want to now
    but really this is just me getting the word out.
    I recommend skating in Newyork at least once if you get the opportunity.
    Keep Skating and keep your perspective broad.
    -Antwan.

What part of brooklyn b?
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

XBL
    TheDietTea

Willamsburg near bedford

XBL
    TheDietTea

I may be lying about that location actually..
    It's my dads place.. you looking to skate or something?
    I'll have to ask.. I looked up willamsburg and it's like in queens or something
    but I don't stay in queens. it's a brooklyn area.. used to have a bustin boards shop here on Grand St. but they moved it to the city.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I may be lying about that location actually..
    It's my dads place.. you looking to skate or something?
    I'll have to ask.. I looked up willamsburg and it's like in queens or something
    but I don't stay in queens. it's a brooklyn area.. used to have a bustin boards shop here on Grand St. but they moved it to the city.
    Williamsburg is in Brooklyn. It's in North Brooklyn if you want to get technical with Bed-Sty, Bushwick, and Greenpoint.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

XBL
    TheDietTea

Call it what you want but I'm saying caveman 1 footed blunt..
    I just started doing these and plan to get them longer distances.
    Much more lined up. stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp21IcmQFIE

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

A hopping blunt doesn't tease me as much as I hoped.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Hey atleast you're honest.. that's why I hate ya.. na thanks.
    I've got a filmer now so things should get interesting.

i was hyped until u did that weird trick? that shot of the street was perfect
    http://www.youtube.com/WhatBraSkate3 ORIGAMI. NCP. Morphine Nation.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah well you don't know me well if you think I'm going to do normal tricks...
    I didn't much like the angle myself but it was a tripod it's what I had that day.
    I've taken the turn in skating where I just don't care what appeals to others
    if they can connect with it that's great.. just here to enjoy what I do..
    It's a new trick I'm excited to get going and obviously needs to be filmed properly and will be.
    again, stay tuned.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Antwan, Seriously now... If you don't care what we think and you're doing this just for yourself to have fun.
    I simply have to ask why the fuck you'd put up a 19s video "Teaser" with a 2s janky ass trick on the internet and a public forum?
    It's not a "caveman 1 footed blunt". The closest thing it comes to is a really poorly done drop in from a curb.
    This masochistic trend of yours to be verbally kicked in the nuts over and over again is ridiculous
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Don't get me wrong, that shot of the street was hot. But that trick just didn't entice me at all.

wohoo antwan is back. cant wait for the full part

XBL
    TheDietTea

Replicant I have fun editing videos and skating.
    Simply put.
    It does raise curiosity when I post, how are people going to react to my skating?
    I post for the few it does appeal to.. and even if you hated it, you know it's coming.
    I kind've love that.. I think it's amazing that one more person knows about my production.
    If someone hates it enough to show their friends and laugh at me
    Cool, you know.. it's good to laugh.. I'm not the best skater but I would say I have a certain skill set that I've raised the bar on.. this video is me taking it a little more seriously but in the same sense who gives a rats ass, I love editing video and I love skating the way I skate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    A hopping blunt doesn't tease me as much as I hoped.
    Your avatar makes this comment so damn funny

Oh and that's not a caveman one footed blunt..

You would've jumped on the curb, release the board with your hand and keep one foot on the board, the other one in-air.

Ginga please
    Last edited by jerr bear; 11-13-2011 at 07:42 AM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I took a break to clear my head..
    Landed a nice job..
    upped my confidence in my skating..
    and now I'm back with an open mind
    Obviously I don't agree with everyone but I refuse to blow up replicant so if that's your aim
    good day sir..
    as cuz once said,
    keep rollin.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Landed a nice job..
    Obviously I don't agree with everyone but I refuse to blow up replicant so if that's your aim
    good day sir..
    as cuz once said,
    keep rollin.
    I am glad when anyone skates for fun. I am also glad when people are actually honest and true to themselves.
    Now when it comes with you returning with an open mind... yeah, sure, whatever.
    Whether you blow up at me, other people, or yourself makes no difference to me.
    You're trolling with this shit anyways because you seriously can't be that socially inept.
    Have fun whoring for attention while screaming at the world that you don't give a fuck. Later man.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Banned

Landed a nice job..
    good day sir..
    as cuz once said,
    keep rollin.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Antwan -

Here's the thing man, the last couple of times you ragequit were a big mess of bruised ego and honestly too much pride. You're a nice guy, but you're kind of an oddity. I'm not going to say your skating sucks, but I will say I feel like you half-ass it. You have these ideas for tricks, which sound nice, but I don't think I've ever seen you post something that looks like you took the time to learn something solidly before moving onto the next thing. That trick you posted, fairly put, wasn't what you claimed it to be. Had you gotten a running start, dropped the board on the ledge under your feet, and slid on it using your momentum from the run in for the speed it'd be legit. Are you going to go back and learn to do the trick the right way or move onto the next one?

For any of us who've seen you in the past, we're going to assume you're going to keep up the same song and dance. Sorry, bro, again, not just saying this to be a dick, but if you're the guy who keeps claiming tricks you're not doing, you're never going to earn any respect. If you keep doing that, the not earning will turn into earning, but defiantly not respect. Maybe it's contempt, or just being written off, but all your hard work isn't earning you what you're after. And yeah, I know you're going to feed me a line about "just being curious about what other people think," but the fact you're constantly coming to your own defense speaks to the fact that you indeed are here for approval. And there's no shame in that, man. I post my shit here for the same reason, and yeah, it sucks if someone shits on it, but that's the risk.

Long story short, man, you gotta learn to walk before you can tell the kids in your neighborhood you can run. I'm not trying to bum you out, but dude, you're like a chihuahua trying to bark like a german shepherd. If the editing process is your thing, grab your cam, meet the heads at your local park, and offer to film them. If you want to be doing your own skating, take the time to learn it and earn the credit. Don't bitch when someone offers you constructive criticism either way, and don't feed the fire if someone's just trying to shit talk you and get a rise out of you. That, in my very honest opinion, is your "character" here at Fluckit. And again, you've gotten pissed and "quit" at least a couple times that I've seen. Fair enough to come home, but man, don't do it just to set yourself up to get that pissed again. It's only going to earn you more negative sentiment from people like Rep, and dude... Obviously myself to some extent. You're better than all that, step up your game, you deserve that much.

Live your life how you want and all, but this is someone trying to tell you how it's being taken in by other people. If you honestly don't care about that, more power to you. I don't think that's true, personally. Human beings tend to care about shit like that, it's natural. But, either way, there's my two cents for their full value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

XBL
    TheDietTea

It always turns into a giant discussion doesn't it?
    I do half-ass it.. I have to keep running over to turn off a camera on a tripod
    how could I possibly be fully focused? I have a filmer lined up as I've said..
    I was just excited about the trick.. A trick is a trick man I can't define most of them so I try to use common terms.. I actually did legitimize the caveman part, it's all a process I just don't film everything.
    I'll step it up as much as I can when this video comes out but If someones helping me I can almost assure you it will look better.. I just can't be assed to film everything at all times on a phone.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

I think the main point to me is this is menna be a teaser for a part. And with a teaser or a trailer you want something that makes people want to watch. And for me that deffinitely didn't make me want to watch. It's the sort of trick I see little kids do and think they are the shit. You even just said you half assed it. Why not go all out then use that for a teaser?
    You say about a Filmer. Why didn't you wait to find a Filmer then try something?

Just saying you post it bigging it up to something it is not, then make excuses when people say it's poor.

I don't get it, but your mentality seems to be lacking behind your age.

This is one entertaining exchange. I laughed out loud a couple of times.

Antwan, you can't be this socially lost. You held the board with your hand, and then forced it across the ledge with your foot. I haven't been as aggressive as the others but what you are doing is kind of weak. There is an aesthetic issue. That doesn't mean you are a bad and worthless person though. No one should care. We are a bunch of words and avatars.
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 11-13-2011 at 04:10 PM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I've never done a full part before.
    I've never seen anyone do this sort of trick before.
    I even did a little research.. I'm sorry it didn't appeal to the majority.
    I wanted to get something out early I thought people would like.
    I've never been filmed before either it's an assumption that it should be better..
    I never claimed to be the best I simply tried to give the trick a name.
    You don't know me personally so don't make it personal.. My Mentality is my own.
    The forum has me at loss for thought often.. I respond to one person and get shit from another.
    I'm just being real here.. and you know what This thread is a drag you guys can converse if you want..
    I was just trying to show you what I'm working towards.. The video will be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    the fact you're constantly coming to your own defense speaks to the fact that you indeed are here for approval. And there's no shame in that, man. I post my shit here for the same reason, and yeah, it sucks if someone shits on it, but that's the risk.
    That and... Antwan you ARE a nice guy. I mean shit... I don't really see you going off, cursing and swinging with rage.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I do half-ass it.. I have to keep running over to turn off a camera on a tripod
    how could I possibly be fully focused? I have a filmer lined up as I've said..
    This is simple, Antwan... If you're not landing it, don't film it. Keep the camera at home until you have the trick dialed. If you're not landing it, don't claim it. You can say "I'm working on..." but beyond that, you're honestly sticking the nose of your board in your mouth. (Rather than foot, get it?)

You don't know me personally so don't make it personal.. My Mentality is my own.
    The forum has me at loss for thought often.. I respond to one person and get shit from another.
    I'm just being real here.. and you know what This thread is a drag you guys can converse if you want..
    I was just trying to show you what I'm working towards.. The video will be out soon.
    Again, man, this keeps coming up because you keep repeating the same behavioral patterns. You get excited about something, you share it, someone points out you have a lot of development of whatever that trick is before you should be properly excited, and you get very defensive and turn to dismissive, cop out statements. Real talk here: If you're not going to bother dialing your tricks, spare yourself the indignity, and don't bother with the video. Or, make it, but keep it to yourself. If you really don't care, don't share. If you do care, show the effort that will make other people care. You're going in circles with your shit, bro. It's frustrating for those of us who think you're a decent dude to see you keep doing over, and over, and over again.

I'm not going to bust your balls and accuse you of acting a certain way and labeling you a troll or anything, but dude, sometimes when you think it's everyone else that has a problem... It's actually you. Reflect and grow, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

XBL
    replicant#2618

And knowing is half the battle!
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

That did not make me want to watch. It was like all build up to the "trick"... then wah wah wah... let down.

That trick sucked ass dude and everyone is too nice to say it. I don't care if you've never seen it done, don't know what to call it, or are the first person on the planet to do it. I do not want to watch people doing things like that with their skateboards. And if you watch ANY skating at all... you should feel the same.

Sorry dude. Not trying to be harsh. Just honest. I like your energy and passion... but this sucked. Period.

I think you should go out around NY and just film things... not even just skating... just film anything that catches your interest. Try to meet some skaters you can film too. You don't have to be IN the video if you want to make skate videos. And why does it have to be a skate video? Make an "Antwan's tour of NY" video!
    Last edited by BeatChemist; 11-14-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

XBL
    TheDietTea

I ask you to view the trick once more.
    I held the board and pushed it with my left foot.. I think my hand was moving because my board is pretty jank I actually am starting to use gloves haha not that it matters but if you look again closely you might see it.

I do want to thank everyone for the input however, I've taken the last few days to take it all in and It's starting to look more fluid my hand is more a compliment to the slide now rather than the appearance of something else.

I've always had the theory that I "rub people the wrong way" I don't know how to word text..
    Some words must reflect feelings if you think I'm upset I'm really not man.. just trying to let you guys know why it is the way it is.
    I respect you guys, don't think I could join another community.

-Antwan

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

I ask you to view the trick once more.
    I held the board and pushed it with my left foot.. I think my hand was moving because my board is pretty jank I actually am starting to use gloves haha not that it matters but if you look again closely you might see it.

-Antwan
    I don't think your getting it. It's not your hand. If you would of sprinted like fuck into it and actually slid on the ledge, it would be a decent trick. It's the fact you just walked along and hopped a little. I don't even class this as a trick tbh.

I don't know what to say as it seems nothing is going in.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

If you enjoy doing it, who cares what others think.

If you want some feedback I'd say, like a lot of the footage you've posted, the less steps the better. An actual caveman blunt would be pretty sick

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    If you would of sprinted like fuck into it and actually slid on the ledge, it would be a decent trick.
    You should try this antwan, if you're uncomfortable with sliding, just take baby steps with it.
    Take like two small steps and attempt it until its on lock then go a little faster and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Blazing a Trail

yeah I dont really like the trick either dude.. I dont like how you take steps while sliding , its like your feet are training wheels and the trick you are doing takes no skill..It would take me 1 try to land that... Just being honest

XBL
    TheDietTea

I get it I just thought it was funny that I noticed that..
    I've already made the adjustment I don't even walk into it anymore
    I roll up and pop it into my hand.. the rest came naturally trying it down ledges..
    but thanks. Hope you guys enjoy the new version.. I'm working hard at it and some other variations.

Banned

Yeah Antwan I think you're fat too.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well Jerr you tend to put on weight when you get hit by a mini van and live to talk about it.
    Get on my level.

Banned

Well Jerr you tend to put on weight when you get hit by a mini van and live to talk about it.
    Get on my level.
    Engrish preasu.

Banned

always with the personal attacks.

smh

stop with the BS in here

everyone knows everyone by now, no need to act surprised at how people react. If not then you wont be surprised at how I react if I see anymore shit stirring in here.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    stop with the BS in here

everyone knows everyone by now, no need to act surprised at how people react. If not then you wont be surprised at how I react if I see anymore shit stirring in here.
    TSG is such a party-pooper! *pouts*
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"