Thread: [New Game - PC] Afterfall: InSanity

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Default [New Game - PC] Afterfall: InSanity

I heard about a new game that I wanted to share with you guys because I really like to support the Indie Game Dev scene.

If you enjoyed Fallout or similar Post-Apocalyptic games, then I want to introduce to you a new game. The game is "Afterfall: InSanity" by an Indie dev company called Intoxicate Studios [Dev Studio is in Poland]. This game is a Survival Horror TTP RPG set in the year 2035 (20 years roughly after WWIII devastated the planet and people were driven into locked Shelters to survive) and you play a medical team member in charge of keeping yourself and those in your confined shelter in good mental health. Nobody has been allowed out of the shelter in 20 years or even knows what the surface is like except the horrors that they witnessed by the war before entering the shelter. As best as you tried... Someone (or yourself) eventually snapped and now you are trying to survive within this confined environment with insanity all around you.

http://afterfall-universe.com/en/index

The link I provided allows you to pre-order the game for $1 and download the demo for the game. Here is the twist. If 10 million people pre-order the game, then you get the entire game to download at release for only that $1 and 10% of the money they get goes to charity. If they do not hit the 10 million mark, then all the money they get in pre-orders goes to charity and you have the option of buying the game for $34 to support the company and the game. I really liked this idea, so I wanted to share it.

Here is a link to the demo for download:
    Afterfall: InSanity [English Demo]
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

story sounds old but with a cool twist to it.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    story sounds old but with a cool twist to it.
    Yeah, the guys doing it were big fans of the early Fallout series and originally the game was being called "Bourgeoisie: Pearl of the Wastelands". They used to hang out on the Euro Fallout forums together and came up with this alternate timeline story which is very similar to Fallout. It even used the old Fallout viewpoints which were isometric based and hand drawn. Then it got a little funding from a small company called Nicolas Games and eventually was reworked using the Unreal engine.

The thing they wanted to step away from was that the main protagonist of Fallout got out of the bunkers and started exploring the wastelands. They wanted their origin story to take place in the Shelter and eventually lead to the surface. However, you might not always play the same character depending on the game. So, the Afterfall Universe is honestly the only real constant and who knows what is outside of the Shelter. The first game here will not deal with the surface world at all as far as we know.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

mhh, I remember that name from somewhere ...
    dling the demo right now to give it a try soon

I feel like it's more deadspace then anything else, but it still looks cool, if my computer would stop being a vagina and I had the money, i'd definitely try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Fluckit Master

It looks quite good, cheap as hell...

Thing is I don't think I have the time playing another game right now..
    Currently playing Battlefield 3, Skyrim and Fifa 12 while currently studying for my drivers license. I got fuck all time atm.
    Today I have worked, been driving with the school, got home around 5pm and fell asleep in the sofa right away, woke up just now 22.30. And I need to sleep soon again for the night lol.

Want to buy 30h days instead of 24..