Thread: SOPA Bill.

Default SOPA Bill.

I just heard of this and thought I'd share, see how you guys feel about it.

I guess if it passes, we all could become felons for using copyrighted material for our fake skate videos.
    rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

this will never pass in one million years ever

America is on a pass this bill and that bill frenzy. Your bill of rights just got hung out to dry recently as well. I just went to youtube and disputed all of the matched third party content vids, Videos I disputed months ago still havent been settled(So Much for disputing). Either or all of this can be avoided if people weren't fucking alive. Check this bill that just got passed, which everyone should be aware of, especially Americans. The Defense Authorization Bill; http://www.nyunews.com/opinion/2011/12/12/12dinardo/

I've done some research into it saunders, not a ton, just the 411 basically.

at least this was said, "Obama has threatened to veto the bill with these current provisions, and I pray he does."
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    "Obama has threatened to veto the bill with these current provisions, and I pray he does."
    I call BS and a 2nd term, I really don't know though about a 2nd term, really iffy.

Steam
    Monkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I've done some research into it saunders, not a ton, just the 411 basically.

at least this was said, "Obama has threatened to veto the bill with these current provisions, and I pray he does."
    he changed his mind last friday, hes not going to veto s.1867, so were all basically fucked. on the flip side, this bill would have been in effect 3 years ago if McCain would have been elected because he is one of the 2 ppl that sponsored this bill. I think Carl Lovin was the other. i see a mass wiping of current officials in the 2012 election with the shit they have done the past few years.. lets just hope the mayans were wrong so maybe we can have some real "change"

I just read this article about the bill.

Good news everyone, the SOPA bill vote in the house just got cancelled today. It will return next year, but hopefully with better wording that will protect legitimate websites such as this one from abuse. By “abuse” I mean any company would have had the power to shut down a website if you reviewed a product of theirs simply because they didn’t like the review/rating/etc. Say NO to that. Protect our reviewer’s rights. Until the bill is reworded so that it can ONLY target piracy websites(Where as now it would allow any company to target almost anything), say NO.

But next year, Protect IP, another abusive bill, is up for vote. This bill, while not as threatening as SOPA, could be abused in almost the same way to have our favorite legitimate websites blocked, where they would no longer work by their domain name and cease to appear in search engines if targeted. It too needs rewording so that it can only target foreign over seas piracy websites.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PROTECT_IP_Act
    I also read that this was a hoax and the next meeting was actually today, technically yesterday since it's thursday now, but nothing has been posted about an update towards that yet.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 12-22-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

fuck mccain
    fuck obama
    fuck america

LOL Obama.. he is just a face so you can point ya finger at. you know, someone to blame. he has as much control over what gets done as any FACE (Leader in power) has.
    The world is OZ. it's the people behind the curtain you should be scared of. for they will not give up until we are all dead or slaves with no thoughts.

some good links here for ya.. ;/
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread787002/pg1

also this is a site for good nfo.

http://www.sott.net/
    Last edited by DaaGooN; 12-22-2011 at 08:24 AM.
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n