Thread: Who likes Rap/Hip Hop/R&B/Pop Rock, ect?

Default Who likes Rap/Hip Hop/R&B/Pop Rock, ect?

I figured since I like Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop Rock, Owl City and Coldplay I'd make a thread for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cimoNqiulUE&ob=av2e

My favorite song:

Headlines by Drake

I'll take hate, it's okay. I am not good with links so just click it.

What type of this music do you like?

Fluckit Master

I was into hiphop when I was around 14-16. More or less never listen to it now though.

Yeah I'm 14 I listen to it all the time

This guy is pretty good. Maybe it'll make more talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUvbrY_ec60

Day'N'Night by Kid CuDi

Do you listen to any older hip hop? Have you explored the history of the genre? Not because I hate on current artists - there's actually a LOT of great hip hop coming out right now... perhaps some of the best in the last decade. But I do find that a lot of young hip hop fans miss out by passing over older stuff as sounding "old" or "stale."

There is another thread on here about music... lots of great stuff listed in there: http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=9237

Also download this: Sweatshop Union - Bill Murray EP http://www.mediafire.com/?83zzn6qo6c3n0nn
    They're a Canadian hip hop crew from the west coast and I love this latest EP from them. I'm talking to them on twitter about getting some acapellas from the album and doing some remixes.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

I absolutely loathe music that has any kind of basic beats and auto-tune in it.
    Try some real hiphop like Public enemy, beastie boys or this:
    you'll learn to appreciate good music

pretty much the only music I don't listen to. There are a few songs that are aight for skate edits but for just listening to music this is the only stuff I don't like... coldplay is sick

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    Do you listen to any older hip hop? Have you explored the history of the genre? Not because I hate on current artists - there's actually a LOT of great hip hop coming out right now... perhaps some of the best in the last decade. But I do find that a lot of young hip hop fans miss out by passing over older stuff as sounding "old" or "stale."

There is another thread on here about music... lots of great stuff listed in there: http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=9237

Also download this: Sweatshop Union - Bill Murray EP http://www.mediafire.com/?83zzn6qo6c3n0nn
    They're a Canadian hip hop crew from the west coast and I love this latest EP from them. I'm talking to them on twitter about getting some acapellas from the album and doing some remixes.
    I'll check them out. Oh and I don't know as much about past hip hop other than The Beastie Boys were the first hip-hop group. I might be wrong though.

@Xriver: Yeah, I really I love Coldplay

@ Sk8erwar: I'll check that out too, 2Pac is pretty good though. Wow this Giblere Forte is pretty great!
    Last edited by Mage505; 11-24-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mage505 View Post
    I don't know as much about past hip hop other than The Beastie Boys were the first hip-hop group. I might be wrong though.
    If not for that second sentence I might have fainted..

Banned

But to be constructive, here's two legendary vids you need:

My favorite rapper:

I actually read about Big L last week. After hearing that song it's unfortunate he was shot nine times in the face and chest.

Any of you guys like current artists like Drake, Lil Wayne, Trey Songz, ect?

Banned

If I'm being honest: not really.

There's tons of newer artists who make are able to blend that old school feel with a contemporary style. Drake is an emo rapper (I knew him before he blew up), Lil Wayne was good when he was on Hot Boyz, and Trey Songz is good just not my thing so I won't knock him.

Check out artists like Nipsey Hussle or Roccett if you still want to mess with new school 'commercial-ish' rap:

Roccett (former Young Jeezy artist):

Nipsey (co-signed by several major artists from past and present):

Thank you Roke! a tribe called quest and Big L <3

Banned

Haha Stevie knows whats up!

Last vid to give you some perspective. This is Black Eyed Peas BEFORE Fergie came and ruined the group; the title perfectly sums up their existence now:

dude, I really didn't know that they made this before fergie joined.. much better than the shit they produce now