Thread: Santa's Solo- Roll On

Default Santa's Solo- Roll On

This is my first solo thats not a Butter Spot, if the embed dosent work heres the link. Still not sure how to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePhczXHSJJI

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ePhczXHSJJI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Mage can't Rap.

Santa 3:16

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

there's a button that looks like a filmstrip at the top of where you post. Click and put in link.

Here:

Mainly did that for you so i could watch it lol.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Feeble fakie on the miniramp polejam was really good. Stalefish tweaker at the charlie brown park looked nice. kickflip front feeble at hollywood high was filmed really well both angles, but overall the filming felt amateur (being your first solo, that's not unexpected). First things first, I'd get rid of the panbacks at the end of a lot of the clips. It's super easy to avoid; just add a few extra keys while you're riding away. Try not to let the camera cut into the skater/objects, I noticed that a few times. There was some ghosting on the ground pads when you fs flipped into the Love fountain. That can be avoided by using a different angle, although it is a CAP glitch that can't always be worked around.

Also I would try out a different FLV converter so that you can keep your skate sounds, but you picked a good song so it was still watchable. BUT it woulda been 10x better if you could hear the skating.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

filming needs some attention, like briden pointed out there was panback on most clips. Just take your time! It's not uncommon to spend up to 10 minutes filming 1 clip. Patience is key. Watch other fake skate vids and watch how they film, I learned from drawing inspiration from others (and help from a loser named Jeremy boxerman). Skating could use work too imo these were all really easy tricks.... but keep it up bro, make more vids! the more you make the better you will get

I agree with what the two other guys said.
    I personally can use up to 30 minutes filming a line. Take your time. Put some work into it.
    And don't be scared to get close to your character, he doesn't bite.

tricks was nice though

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by xRiverKing View Post
    Watch other fake skate vids and watch how they film, I learned from drawing inspiration from others (and help from a loser named Jeremy boxerman).
    Ha, thanks for calling me a loser

it's an alright vid overall, but the filming needs some work. Like the others said, try to avoid pan backs, and watch videos to kind of have an idea of how people generally film. There are a few tutorials out there to get some good filming as well, and once you know and understand how the advanced free cam works, you can eventually develop your own style of filming.

But like that RiverKing loser said, patience is key

This guy is one of the best and it' a great tutorial

pretty great job for your first solo, Santa. Keep it up and you'll become great at filming.