Thread: Movember

Default Movember

Anyone participate in this? http://ca.movember.com/

For those of you who don't know, movember is when people grow mustaches to raise awareness and charity for prostate cancer. I don't know how much of this is going on in the states, but its pretty big up here in Canada (at least it is where I am living, almost every second guy is sporting one). My whole hockey team grew some muzzy's and raised about $1,000 for it.

If any of you guys did do it, post them muzzys! I'll get mine up later.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Dude, that's rad.

yeah I'm rocking a stache at the moment. It has about 12 hours of life left. I live in Toronto and it is QUITE popular - like you said almost every second dude doing it.

Major props on your team raising that much $! I've only personally raised about $20. I manage a Starbucks and we're collecting at the store - I don't know how much we raised there yet.

Back about 5-6 years ago me and some friends used to just have a Moustache March thing where we grew them for the month of March - but it was just for fun.

I'll post up some pics in a bit.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Also next year I'm going to grow in a hefty beard from like September onwards, then shave in the stache for Movember. That way I can get some serious length and style it up a few different ways through the month. I started out with a bit of a pre-beard this year and succumbed to the people telling me I was "cheating", so I shaved clean on the 5th. They can eat a dick next year. ESPECIALLY if they ain't sporting a stache.

I also thought of doing a thing where the person who donates the most gets to pick a mustache style that I will wear all the way through December. Just to make it more fun and help raise some more $.

Does this even go on in the States?
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Don't think its as big of a thing down here in the states. I know a couple people that ran with it this year though. I tried and could only last a lil over a week before I had to get rid of it.

1) just couldn't hack it, did not look right.
    2) my wife could not stand it.

Next year, maybe I'll give it a go and stick with it.

Thought this was fitting:

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CrzBoarder View Post
    Lmfao! Brilliant!

Banned

a) my avatar is as far as I got.
    b) That pic is BRILLIANT CrzBoarder! That's exactly how he talks too!

i havnt heard of that happening down here in Amuricah(! <- necessary exclamation mark) but we do have this thing called No-shave November. Its basically where you dont shave for an entire month.. oh and theres no cause behind it either. And the other thing is that it's not popular by any means. like of all the people i know, only one of them is doing it(and hes kinda weird lol) and most others havnt even heard of it.

but yeah, that does sound pretty cool. thats way more significant than just growing out your hair for no reason.

Thanks guys, it's really a good thing. Except for the bitches, they don't tend to like it. But it's all in good fun and for a great cause, I see myself doing this every november! Shaving it off today, I'll get a pic before I do though haha but the stache is stellar..

Fluckit Master

Tell your bitches to grow a stache as well then River...lol.

I did it last year, theres a pic somewhere on this site haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

Quote Originally Posted by a red bicycle View Post
    i havnt heard of that happening down here in Amuricah(! <- necessary exclamation mark) but we do have this thing called No-shave November. Its basically where you dont shave for an entire month.. oh and theres no cause behind it either. And the other thing is that it's not popular by any means. like of all the people i know, only one of them is doing it(and hes kinda weird lol) and most others havnt even heard of it.

but yeah, that does sound pretty cool. thats way more significant than just growing out your hair for no reason.
    americans are stupid...

i myself was not able to take part in no-shave november...i am cursed with the inability to grow any facial hair no matter how hard i pushed and how much fertilizer i rubbdd on my face...next year will be my year though mark my words. also interesting to see it done for charity...might try to start something like this in new york next year.

Yeah no shave November is down here but they say it's for "raising awareness"
    So hardly any $ is raised and the only thing that is accomplished is a bunch of asshats getting to not shave for a month so they can post pics every other day on Facebook. I'm a little over a week in to my Christmas beard. I'm not shy about wanting to admit I want a beard a month out of every year. I also like the fact that if a hot chic wanted to leave her scent close to my nose, she is free to do so.

Stevland is a funny guy
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Well, shaved it off today. Wasn't bringing me much luck, but still a bit sad to see it leave.. haha it's pretty greasy but I can't grow a ton so whatevs

Haha...Nice one Steveland!!

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    yeah no shave november is down here but they say it's for "raising awareness"
    so hardly any $ is raised and the only thing that is accomplished is a bunch of asshats getting to not shave for a month so they can post pics every other day on facebook. I'm a little over a week in to my christmas beard. I'm not shy about wanting to admit i want a beard a month out of every year. I also like the fact that if a hot chic wanted to leave her scent close to my nose, she is free to do so.

Stevland is a funny guy
    yes.
    ----------------------

This was me this year.
    ----------------------

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post

This was me this year.
    You reminded me a little of Brandon from The Killers except the haircut. Props lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    You reminded me a little of Brandon from The Killers except the haircut. Props lol!
    I was gunna say the same haha