Thread: Movember

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Movember

Anyone participate in this? http://ca.movember.com/

For those of you who don't know, movember is when people grow mustaches to raise awareness and charity for prostate cancer. I don't know how much of this is going on in the states, but its pretty big up here in Canada (at least it is where I am living, almost every second guy is sporting one). My whole hockey team grew some muzzy's and raised about $1,000 for it.

If any of you guys did do it, post them muzzys! I'll get mine up later.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Dude, that's rad.

yeah I'm rocking a stache at the moment. It has about 12 hours of life left. I live in Toronto and it is QUITE popular - like you said almost every second dude doing it.

Major props on your team raising that much $! I've only personally raised about $20. I manage a Starbucks and we're collecting at the store - I don't know how much we raised there yet.

Back about 5-6 years ago me and some friends used to just have a Moustache March thing where we grew them for the month of March - but it was just for fun.

I'll post up some pics in a bit.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Also next year I'm going to grow in a hefty beard from like September onwards, then shave in the stache for Movember. That way I can get some serious length and style it up a few different ways through the month. I started out with a bit of a pre-beard this year and succumbed to the people telling me I was "cheating", so I shaved clean on the 5th. They can eat a dick next year. ESPECIALLY if they ain't sporting a stache.

I also thought of doing a thing where the person who donates the most gets to pick a mustache style that I will wear all the way through December. Just to make it more fun and help raise some more $.

Does this even go on in the States?
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Don't think its as big of a thing down here in the states. I know a couple people that ran with it this year though. I tried and could only last a lil over a week before I had to get rid of it.

1) just couldn't hack it, did not look right.
    2) my wife could not stand it.

Next year, maybe I'll give it a go and stick with it.

Thought this was fitting:

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CrzBoarder View Post
    Lmfao! Brilliant!

Banned

a) my avatar is as far as I got.
    b) That pic is BRILLIANT CrzBoarder! That's exactly how he talks too!