Thread: The Best Game in the Series

Default The Best Game in the Series

If you could only choose one game in the series (the other two would be destroyed forever), which game would you pick to play?

Skate 1

Og skate just feels good. I play it the longest. Skate 1 is actually the newest game to me haha. I played Skate 3 before the other games. While having spent a lot of time on Skate 3, then switching to og, the feeling I got on skate 1 was amazing. The biggest difference I noticed was the vert physics. OG regs is the smoothest thing I've skated in the series.

*Start your reply with your choice at the top, give it space, then give a little explanation under it. Think of your choice as the title of your explanation. I have been debating whether or not I should make this thread. There are a few similar threads, but I like these discussions.

Fluckit Master

Skate 2

The one I feel the most confortable with. It also was my first New Gen game (with everything that involves, such as online experience, enhanced graphics, plentiful content, and more), so that also made me pick it as a personal favorite. I just like the game as a whole; the city (even if I know it's not something 'new'), physics, controls, tricks, and more). Unfortunately, I don't have as much comparing material as most of you do, because Skate 2 is the only Skate game I own, so my other Skate releases experiences are not as intensive and sharp as they'd be if own everygame).

As Marco pointed s1 actually being the newest to him, I hope I get the chance to get myself a copy of another release (S1, I have strong opinions made towards S3, and I don't think theyd change If I own that game and play it daily), so I can finally confirm all the things I've been reading, and watching, since the very first day I'm a part of this very interesting, educational, creative, and supportive community.

XBL
    emericaridr11

s3... me lovey

S1 or S3.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

OG Skate

Eventually the S2 moveables will get old, along with the monkey faces and broken true switch

S3 is just so ugly/glitchy compared to OG. Sure it has the most features, but eventually We'll lose online ie CAP and then S3 becomes pretty much dead for the most part.

At least with OG we have the best/most authentic city with the smoothest and most forgiving physics. I think those are the things that will set OG apart in the long run

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    OG Skate

eventually We'll lose online ie CAP and then S3 becomes pretty much dead for the most part.
    i can see that if you dont make parks, but im still making new caps to shred, i will forever have new spots to skate

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    S1 or S3.
    You can't do that shit. Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    OG Skate

Eventually the S2 moveables will get old, along with the monkey faces and broken true switch

S3 is just so ugly/glitchy compared to OG. Sure it has the most features, but eventually We'll lose online ie CAP and then S3 becomes pretty much dead for the most part.

At least with OG we have the best/most authentic city with the smoothest and most forgiving physics. I think those are the things that will set OG apart in the long run
    I like how you put that. Your insight is nice haha. "forgiving physics" haha
    You put my thoughts in better words.

Skate 1

I have investigated this for a while actually. Since I uploaded the ender for my last solo, I've strictly played OG. It's amazing, I keep getting re-lost (lol) in the city and the graphics are wonderful.
    As the reel and online stuff is dead for s3 right now, I can care less about the filming aspect even though I love filming tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

I'd have to say Skate 3. It has the coolest shoes, park building, styles we can borrow from each other. Most tricks.

I just don't like the pants size, they look to tight, or too fitted. I wanted baggy, Skate 2-like pants.

HD PVRs make great christmas/hanukah/kwanzaa/festivus gifts

still like 3 the best because you can do the most trick-wise. but OG is probably all i will play in the future. feels the most genuine.
    Last edited by mamba12; 12-05-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

OG, had it since it came out and i still find new shit to do every time. S2 plays smooth and there's cool stuff to do in S3, but OG has always been the most fun (and challenging imo).
    EzPzLemnSqueezy http://www.youtube.com/user/EzPzLemnSqueezy Fuck

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

ef aye wash tis gain ten I no tinker moar. then sreepy teim 4evrr.

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

I feel like they made the most improvements without it feeling like they went to far back. The revamped city was nice and the graphics were subtle. not like 1 where everything looked like they smudged chocolate on it or blinding like 3... It was sorta glitchy though but it worked. 1 and 3 were still great though.

Fluckin' Hatchling

S3 because you can walk unlike S1, and high/low angles. i dont own S2 but im pretty sure id like S3 better

Skate 3 because of hardcore mode. ALso....
    No city compares to the Original SV but S3 trumps over any iteration because of CAP. You can create pretty much anything.

especially after doing the Skate. Series Colab with SG, playing which ever game i wanted, i kept going back to OG. Sure S3 has all the features, you can build anything, but for me OG's physics, just how smooth and forgiving everything is, makes it my go to game from here on out and the best of the series

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

I'd vote OG Skate if I could get off my board in it.
    I'll have to vote Skate 3 since it's pretty good "all around" and I like the Hardcore mode.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

skate 2

I've never played OG like I play s2/3, and I've sold OG a year ago
    If you would've asked me a year ago, I would've said s3 is my favourite, because I hated the way you get sucked into grinds and popless tricks were so hard.
    I'm still bad at popless, but by now I prefer s2, because of the city, and I'm getting a bit better at it.. And because I hate the looks of s3

All I do is popless since I learned them midway through s2. I'd have to say popless in S2 is easier than popless in S3 but that is mostly due to terrain options. S2 simply has way more terrain to learn/do them on.

Only thing I've never been able to do in all the Skate games is a hippie flip. I simply don't have the patience or hand-eye coordination to pull off this feat of nature.

OG has the best:
    popless,
    ug's,
    drop button
    slappies
    pivot shuvs, and pivots in general
    miniramp physics/animations,
    city

That, and for me i kinda like how we dont have to film in OG.
    Im not playing the game nearly as much as i used to and Id rather spend that limited time just skating. Plus you can gather clips real quick in OG.