Thread: Roots Instrumental

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default Roots Instrumental

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_azTKSQt7Y
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_azTKSQt7Y

Working on Flow.. freestyles are getting longer..
    some written most thought of.
    Last edited by Antwan; 12-21-2011 at 11:42 AM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Any Thoughts guys? I'm open to them.. Haven't got much feedback for sharing this one.

props man. progression is all I can hear.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Word.. thanks dude..
    what's wrong with the new one I did btw.. any specifics?
    How do I "Stay on beat" When trying to spit fast? Literally don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    How do I "Stay on beat" When trying to spit fast? Literally don't understand.
    If you don't understand this, then you need to stop trying to rap.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something that might offend some people on this board. Hip hop is a culture/artform that needs to be lived to be done properly. If you haven't been spitting raps with your friends since you were 10 years old, you're probably NEVER going to be a good MC. It is what it is. It's a culture rooted in authenticity. I don't want to turn this into a long rant, and I certainly don't want to come across as really negative Antwan. But if you want REAL feedback, that's it. Either give it up, or get WAY nerdy with it and do some research into rhyme schemes/styles/patterns and just song writing in general. Trying to just spit over instrumentals without really knowing what you're doing is like a new skateboarder trying to drop in a half pipe. Not sayin that kid ain't gonna ever bust a huge fs air... but he damn sure ain't gonna do it on day 1. I see a patten Antwan where you get excited about a new idea/interest/project, but you don't do your homework about it, then get mad when the feedback you get isn't stellar. There are dudes who have been freestyling with their friends for years, and never felt the need to show off on youtube... so why do you? It's an honest question. Sharing is best left to when you are legitimately proud of your output. And that requires a certain amount of self-awareness and understanding of where you relate to others who are doing (or have done) what you want to do. Nobody is great at anything the first time they try it - but most people hone their skills and craft a lot before they seek fame/feedback.

Again, I hope this isn't too negative. I just feel like someone should say this to you. Not to discourage you from following your passions, but to help you understand why others are often quick to criticize your posts.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

XBL
    TheDietTea

I'm not mad dude.. I'm just trying to understand what people mean?
    I already know most of what you typed up.. but just like skating I see room for innovation..
    Something new.. and if someone tells me I can't do something I'm that much more into it
    because I know I can.. I have something different, everyone is different.

I'm stuck in this place right.. Where I can tell some others opinions affect their feedback toward what I do
    not everyone is going to dig this not even if I legitimize it.. I don't plan to do it the same as others.

This is really an experimental stage.. I'm not sure where to go so I seek feedback from the only people I know..
    youtube, fluckit.

I'm starting to be less affected by things like "You suck" "white kid" etc.
    I do enjoy this.. I don't see why it's so hard for some to grasp that.
    I like sharing what I do.. I accept all opinions but really while progression happens
    I'm still trying to do it differently.

Beat laid it down quite straight. Completely honest, I agree. Although anyone with ambition and motivation can achieve their goal. Just lots of hard work or knowing the right person.

vocal articulation and pronunciation can increase the quality of how you can deliver certain vocabulary. LONGSTORY short PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Thanks for not being offended. I'm just being honest.

And Saunders is definitely right that anyone can do amazing things with ambition and hard work.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

XBL
    TheDietTea

This is my practice man.. What better way to progress than see what others think?
    I've absorbed and learned a lot here just posting freestyles once in a while..
    I'm slowly becoming more encouraged and trying to show more initiative in my work.
    In due time.. but keep it coming, and so will I.
    It's all helpful.