Thread: Little Motel Solo

Default Little Motel Solo

A year in the works...?

These clips are almost a year old now, back from the days where I could be bothered to upload them to reel. One of these clips is the first ever clip I uploaded to any skate footage service. So excuse me if the tricks / filming is dodgy. Anyway, this solo had pretty much been hanging over my head for ages just like getting 100 percent on super meat boy / beating all levels of the impossible game on iPhone is doing right now - I want to get it done before I die. So when the fifth time I tried my video editor and it finally worked, I made a mad dash for the finish. Edit took an hour or so, and the quality of course could be better but I kinda just wanted to get this out of the way.
    Anyway thanks for watching, thanks to the amazing community for existing. In particular, all those who so generously created and uploaded their parks for us all. Thanks to ea for making skate. Though their handling of their servers and whatnot is utter and complete feces, there's no way I could hate them considering the countless hours I have gotten out of skate 1, 2 and 3.

Song: Little Motel
    Artist: Modest Mouse
    Absolutely check them out, one of the main reasons why I wanted to film a solo is so I could edit it to this awesome song.

intro was so sick, very creativ
    slow mo in every single clip can be anoying but with that song it's kind of ok to use so many slow mo (though it's a bit overused imo)
    but I like the solo, filming was pretty decent, tricks were ok

thanks man, yeah i had the song in mind from the start so i tried to get a few slo mo clips but it turns out i had got way more than i thought
    anyway all in all i was happy with how it turned out
    really appreciate the feedback!

That was really good.

thanks

prob the best first video I have ever seen
    the ramps are going to turn some people off, but you used them cool and if you only film a clip here and there I can see how you would get greedy with them
    I liked almost every single clip man. I love how you dont stick you grinds/slides forever but pop on and pop off. Nice use of dropables. honestly dude this is a great watch and deserves wayyy more views. See you in another year
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

FUCK YEA! Modest Mouse is soooo amazing, and I'm so happy someone finally edited a solo to this amazing band! <3

Love your creativeness. Loved the entire feel of this video. Definitely one of the best first solo's I've ever seen.
    There were alittle too much slowmo for my taste, but it didn't bother me that much. I just listened to the song and got completely emerged in the feel of it. And in the end, all i wanted was to watch it again. And I did.

Amazing stuff dude. Definitely keep up the good work, keep up getting better and don't loose the creativeness.

Btw, ender was sweet. <3

new generation dslr 60fps vimeostyle artsy slomovid meets skate.reel

pretty sure your a great photographer, those cams was sick and def not accidental. too much slomo for a oldschool skatepart, but still intresting and beautiful

great job man

Very nice. Couldn't get used to all the slow mo, but it was still a good watch. Loved the song too.

Blah blah slow mo Blah, the filming on key. keep it up.
    I love uggs.

Overkill on the slomo for my taste, but I can see how it fits the song. But a fine fine edit indeed. Great skating and filming, congrats on dropping this.
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

Awesome intro, rest of the vid held up to it as well. The way you pop out of blunts and noseblunts is really impressive, as most people do the shitty glitchy fall out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

love mm, loved the vid

wow, thanks everyone! i had no idea how much good reception it would get especially from you long time filmers!
    signguy: 'good use of droppables' means a lot coming from someone in the OATS vids hahahah, thanks for your nice words!
    madsser: yeah man, i felt that this song by modest mouse could fit perfectly with a skate video so i pretty much filmed with the song in mind the whole way through. and wow, watching it again? thats awesome man, thanks
    bohemian: hahhahaha, i'm not a photographer but i guess that makes that comment mean more! its funny because my filming was the biggest worry at the start considering my nil experience with the free cam, i'm happy you liked it!
    deacon: thanks man, really happy with the reception since its my first!
    skatehead: awesome, maybe my filming was half decent after all! hahaha
    bladderboy: that means a lot coming from a LB admin! hahaha
    briden: thanks, i have always done my blunts like that in skate 3. my first impressions of the skate 3 demo with the blunt pop-outs was one of extreme shock and sadness hahaha
    snail: thanks, love yours too!

okay enough love, thanks again everyone