The fact that EA owns the rights to the 'flick-it" controls, is a point that, if i'm not mistaken was brought up by myself in a earlier thread.
I'm well aware of this roadblock, and have been almost losing sleep over a way to propose an offer to buy the patent outright. I'm well aware that
this isn't pennies and nickels we are discussing, but more in the terms of hundreds of thousands or low millions. Which is why this is the first issue i'm going to be taking on
when I find initial investors. Don't get me wrong, I am not a company, and have little experience with programming, and design. I intend to give the money to someone
who can take over. I want little to no part in the design, and distribution of the game. Making an offer on the control patent is the first thing that I'm going to cover when I start with the calls this winter (most of them set up already) I'm going into this with little experience in raising money and presenting a solid plan. I'm a teacher foremost, although I do have a secondary degree in marketing. I have a feeling that it's going to get very real, very fast and it might be a bit overwhelming if we actually see money coming through. I've got my fingers crossed, and i'm not going to pretend this is 'in the bag' already in any way, I know outright that this is a shot in the dark. I just refuse to play the same thing for years on end, when, with a little bit of initiative, we might be able to procure ourselves a little piece of satisfaction.