Thread: Skate 4 Kickstarter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

I just don't see Skate 4 Ever happening
    Not like we wouldn't be able to pull it off but
    Legal issues.. The Name being owned.. Flick it being owned..
    The only thing I think we could do at this point is try to bring something up from scratch
    but you need to realize with a different team the game isn't going to be the same as we remember.
    Maybe I'm wrong. Skate seems to be a dead franchise at this point.
    Maybe you could purchase rights to those things. I have no idea.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

i've actually been thinking of loads of possible ideas for a new game lately, not even necessarily skate 4 but fuck it just a new game in general.

i would support a kickstarter despite lack of hope of it ever getting off the ground.

Fluckit Master

Honestly based off how the franchise has gone I don't really want a "skate 4". Based off how unrealistic skate 3 became compared to og and 2, I'd be timmed about it. I'd be more involved/hoped for another franshise coming in and keeping feel of skate,s2 with a more advance park editor
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

XBL
    TheDietTea

Ok so here is my thoughts on a Skate 4..
    If we were feeling the terrain or not did Not seem to be the issue.
    I remember reading things about the hype these games produced that had people scared.
    However we all embraced the change, and made the most of it.
    What I'm saying here is maybe skate 3 didn't meet EA's expectations at first
    but it is still a thriving game and the only ones that appear to still be up and functional are the sequels.
    There seems to be newcomers all the time. In this community and in online sessions.
    I think a skateboarding game really does need to factor in pleasing all parties in a nice and tight package.
    With a crew and company dedicated to the right things instead of the money coming in
    It just might be a feasible, quality and in time maybe even a successful thing.
    Even some of the backing to these projects were into skating a bit nutty when possible.
    Let's say we got the old blackbox crew back together but we ran the operation.
    Are we really up to the tasks that come along with all of it?
    I think these are things you need to consider when calling this operation "Skate 4"
    If you really want it to be a Skate 4 that is..
    There are several different ways we could approach a new skateboarding game.
    We will Surely need funding. If we want it to look nice and polished.
    It could take several Years at the least to do something like this.
    Not to mention every skate game incorporated new tricks that hardly affected gameplay.
    This is pretty mashed together but the last thing I'm thinking on is
    are the people involved enough into the idea to keep it going without pay coming in?
    That certainly seems like something that could be very real with
    all of these new games that are constantly coming out.

Seeing the Light

I really really doubt that this could work, even a bit.

A big company like EA wouldn't let people get the funds for them, it would be crazy for them in terms of commercial image. I think that even an online and worldwide petition would work better (though it wouldn't work anyway since EA seems to reffer only to the sales games make...).

And I'm also not sure that you can run a kickstarter project without EA involved in the project. For exemple, there are way more fans of Shenmue than fans of our skate game, and they're unable to launch a kickstarter project because of SEGA.

Sorry if my english is a bit hard to read when it comes to development of ideas

i heard soulex still roam the deserts on afghanistan

just look at any "we want skate 4" type thread and you'll see a cluster fuck of "longboards,bmx,i want my board to break,can i pick my bearings,will p-rod blow me" ideas.
    and god forbid you don't put in somebody's suggestion...e-rage for days