Thread: Beer. We all love it. What's your favorite?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

At first i thought this thread was J/K'ing because the first post was yuengling

then someone posted oberon and my hope was restored. then someone from my team seconded the oberon, which was nice, cuz now i don't have to kick him off the team.

I am more of a sampler. Idk that i have a "Favorite", it's all about what pique's my interest or what style mood i'm in. My foremost faves are usually whatever i brewed (narcissist, i know)

I use an app called Untappd to track what i've tried and collect badges/trophies based on styles/locations.

here's my untappd screener of my current stats.... aka i love beer

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    At first i thought this thread was J/K'ing because the first post was yuengling
    ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muhzzy View Post
    ouch
    I have to give you credit though, because that was the most legit and in depth review of yeungling i've ever read.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

yuengling since day 1. always has been always will be.

but...
    my local cheap beer that tastes like a richer miller high life is national bohemian. shit is superb. even lightly warn it still has a flavor. still has a crisp american ale tatse.

we love it so much its our unofficial sponsor for our talk show. and now that my buddy is the pr guy for baltimore pbr(they bought boh last year) we have been getting cases for all our events...

today my new bike arrives in the mail...i will be drinking a 40oz of this on the porch waiting.

SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

yuengling since day 1. always has been always will be.

but...
    my local cheap beer that tastes like a richer miller high life is national bohemian. shit is superb. even lightly warn it still has a flavor. still has a crisp american ale tatse.

we love it so much its our unofficial sponsor for our talk show. and now that my buddy is the pr guy for baltimore pbr(they bought boh last year) we have been getting cases for all our events...

today my new bike arrives in the mail...i will be drinking a 40oz of this on the porch waiting.

SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

XBL
    crni1976

Although I am not a beer connoisseur (far from it), being from Belgium, I am fortunate enough to have a wide and superb selection of national beers to choose from. Unfortunately, it seems most Belgian beers are not well marketed, with only a handful (though therefore not necessarily the best ones) getting international attention or acclaim.

That being said, I personally pretty much prefer my beer dark and sweet, as I do several other pleasures in life, with the following being my usual beverages of choice:

Leffe Brown: "Leffe Brown is an authentic abbey beer. Both its deep, dark brown colour and its full, slightly sweet flavour can be ascribed to the use of darkly roasted malt, making every sip just as exceptional as the last. In a few words: sharp and full-bodied. 6,5%" (by courtesy of the brewery)

Grimbergen Double: "The mixture of different sorts of malt creates its typical crimson “Burgundy” colour. Grimbergen Double is a bittersweet beer with plenty of abundance and touches of caramel. It is a very rich beer with a double fermentation that can be enjoyed to the fullest in one's spare time. 6,5 %"

a grimbergen double certainly is very a tasty beer and you´re right about the marketing, they should be marketed better, most belgian beers are better than any dutch beers. Especially like heineken or bavaria or something like that, those taste like fucking water. I really don´t know why those two brands are so well known around the world..

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Jebo: Damn right, I love those Gösser
    Roc: I use Untappd too, sent you a friend invite. Stevland introduced me to the app some time ago.