Although I am not a beer connoisseur (far from it), being from Belgium, I am fortunate enough to have a wide and superb selection of national beers to choose from. Unfortunately, it seems most Belgian beers are not well marketed, with only a handful (though therefore not necessarily the best ones) getting international attention or acclaim.

That being said, I personally pretty much prefer my beer dark and sweet, as I do several other pleasures in life, with the following being my usual beverages of choice:

Leffe Brown: "Leffe Brown is an authentic abbey beer. Both its deep, dark brown colour and its full, slightly sweet flavour can be ascribed to the use of darkly roasted malt, making every sip just as exceptional as the last. In a few words: sharp and full-bodied. 6,5%" (by courtesy of the brewery)

Grimbergen Double: "The mixture of different sorts of malt creates its typical crimson “Burgundy” colour. Grimbergen Double is a bittersweet beer with plenty of abundance and touches of caramel. It is a very rich beer with a double fermentation that can be enjoyed to the fullest in one's spare time. 6,5 %"