I used to ride BMX around the same time I started skating. but we had no skate parks, so the BMX riding was done on dirt stunt tracks and skating was done on the street. this was 91 or so, I was 12.

eventually I stopped riding my bike, even sold it when I was 16. I never really had beef with BMX riders because I know that shit is fun too. the only problem is when they come into a small skate park, if you get hit by a guy on a bike, or have to ditch your board or kill your line because a BMX rider ate shit or something it gets annoying. there were a couple that used to show up at the Huntington HS skate park, which was really the only one around when I was skating, and that thing is tiny and it actually got a little hairy with BMX dudes rolling around. I don't really skate anymore (old and hurt), but if I'm at a skate park just rolling around doing rocks on tranny I always keep an eye out for those guys. I know they close the Vans skate park in Orange to skaters one night a week and just let the BMX riders have their fun.

I have mad respect for the sport though, especially the vert guys, that shit is nuts.