Thread: Mac or PC...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

options:
    - refurbed macbooks from 750 $
    - new generic screen , use your broken mac as a stationary machine
    - ipad (still requires some other machine tho)

Can I Kick It? Techn9cianforlife's Avatar

@Derk: Ive never had a problem with any of my Apple products. I've had 4 Ipods, an Ipad for one of my classes this past semester, and my Macbook. I'm not a "PC hater" cause if that were true, I wouldn't be considering replacing my Macbook with a PC laptop. But thank you for posting the picture

@Replicant: I don't want an estimate from a Mac Genius cause they always over price things Lol I already got the cost of the repair from Apple, and for them to personally fix it, it would be around $500. A place here in Boise called "Mac World" said about $200 for the LED screen then estimated hour labor. I don't really use my computer for anything besides school (typing papers, doing homework online, etc) editing skate videos (fakeskating and real skating) doing random shit online (like coming to Fluckit for example), Skype to talk to my girlfriend cause she lives 45 minutes away and only see her once a week, and my Itunes. Soo honestly, as of now..I think I've decided to fix my Macbook.

@Bohemian: How is getting a $750 refurbished Macbook an option, when I said I can't get anything more than $500??? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    But, fuck scooter kids. And while I'm at it, fuck anyone who wears a "I heart Haters" t-shirt without being able to grow ballhair, or knows who OWNS DGK.
    youtube.com/techn9cian4life youtube.com/halcyonskateboards youtube.com/numbclothingtv

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cianforlife View Post
    @Derk: Ive never had a problem with any of my Apple products. I've had 4 Ipods, an Ipad for one of my classes this past semester, and my Macbook. I'm not a "PC hater" cause if that were true, I wouldn't be considering replacing my Macbook with a PC laptop. But thank you for posting the picture

@Replicant: I don't want an estimate from a Mac Genius cause they always over price things Lol I already got the cost of the repair from Apple, and for them to personally fix it, it would be around $500. A place here in Boise called "Mac World" said about $200 for the LED screen then estimated hour labor. I don't really use my computer for anything besides school (typing papers, doing homework online, etc) editing skate videos (fakeskating and real skating) doing random shit online (like coming to Fluckit for example), Skype to talk to my girlfriend cause she lives 45 minutes away and only see her once a week, and my Itunes. Soo honestly, as of now..I think I've decided to fix my Macbook.

@Bohemian: How is getting a $750 refurbished Macbook an option, when I said I can't get anything more than $500??? Lol
    If you have a place that will do it for $200+Labor then that is your best bet since that is pretty basement. As for my friend he would have given me their prices and then his side-job prices which are always vastly different. He's pretty good at knowing parts prices and such. It sounds like you honestly use it like a netbook so I can't feel right recommending you buy anything better than you have since you'd simply be wasting cash. I still feel bad enough that you're using an Apple product.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

sorry for the tip..

i could care less what computer you use dude

XBL
    TheDietTea

Windows is fine if you don't download anything ever.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Windows is fine if you don't download anything ever.
    You're just jealous that we have enough people to merit having a virus written for us.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    You're just jealous that we have enough people to merit having a virus written for us.
    I wouldn't call that a benefit.. become a little more tech savvy, use linux and have virtually no issues? Good Fight, Sir.