Thread: The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No, this was completely planned, nothing random about it. The uploader had ramps underneath the ground pieces so that the droppables would rest perfectly and create little flatbars above the ground. There were also multiple instances of it throughout the park.
    then i dunno man, we should ask who uploaded it?... cus being able to sync props into regulars would be a revelation in skate.park.

Quote Originally Posted by BannerBoy360 View Post
    then i dunno man, we should ask who uploaded it?... cus being able to sync props into regulars would be a revelation in skate.park.
    Yeah, he hasn't been online since I noticed what it was. I'll post a video and download link (xbox, sorry old skooler) when I get home from class tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Quick vid showcasing the merged flatbars, then one where i removed the ground pad, then I copy-pasted the spot and levitated it to see it from the side.

Park link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...itemId=1658331

Blazing a Trail

WOW briden, awesome find! I seriously figured you were mistaken or off in your description here.
    I've never seen that before, I'm stumped. My GUESS is I noticed that the piece seems to be sitting on a ramp then merged up and through. The first one you hippie jumped check to see if there's a also a ramp under the pad.

Maybe when prop's are on a ramp they can be glitched through a pad above. I also noticed the pads are upside down. I'm going to try this later on no doubt.

XBL
    TheDietTea

What the fuck.. shit just got interesting and shit, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Quick vid showcasing the merged flatbars, then one where i removed the ground pad, then I copy-pasted the spot and levitated it to see it from the side.

Park link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...itemId=1658331
    Omg.. wow

Edit: I can't seem to figure it out either, please elaborate?
    Last edited by xRiverKing; 05-03-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xRiverKing View Post
    Omg.. wow

Edit: I can't seem to figure it out either, please elaborate?
    ok I think i got it now I will try this and let you know but place ramp and the snap pad to the top of ramp like in the last shot then place droppable then delete pad piece let the droppable fall into place go to options and undo it might put pad back that you deleted but wont move the droppable and put the pad back and abbra cadabra

Quote Originally Posted by LanceForLife View Post
    ok I think i got it now I will try this and let you know but place ramp and the snap pad to the top of ramp like in the last shot then place droppable then delete pad piece let the droppable fall into place go to options and undo it might put pad back that you deleted but wont move the droppable and put the pad back and abbra cadabra
    doesn't work that way

Alright, I figured out my own way, can't get it EXACTLY like the original video, but my way works just as well. Here goes, tutorial with Pictures.

The featured droppable object is the Ramp. I have replicated the glitch with other droppables, the key factor is that they must be able to fit INSIDE of a ground pad, any size (including mega, so big stuff will work too).

First things first, make sure Collision is turned OFF. You need to start with your desired droppable object sitting on a ground piece (Let's call this PAD1). You should take time right now to orient the piece and the droppable to how you want the droppable to end up (in this case, two flatbars). This can be done later, but it saves time and effort to figure it out ahead of time.

You now need to create a new pad that will be larger than the droppable object (full size ground pad works for the Ramp, let's call this PAD2). Place the pad so that it completely envelopes the droppable, and PAD1 should be sticking out a little bit from any side, so that it can be easily selected for moving later on. The droppable is now inside of PAD2.

Create a new ground piece big enough to support the droppable, and able to keep the same orientation if you were to flip your object over (this will be PAD3). Place it where you feel the top of the droppable will stick out in the finished piece. This may end up being a game of guess-and-check, since I have experienced a few earthquake moments in this step.

Flip over Pads 1,2,3, and the droppable all at once. The droppable should fall a little ways out of Pad 2 and land on Pad 3.

Now, you will move Pad 1 down towards the droppable, far enough so that when flipped back to the original position, the droppable will once again rest on Pad 1 and stick out as much as you desire. Flip over Pad 1, Pad 2, and the droppable to see where it ends up. Again, this can be a guess-and-check process. Pad 3 is of no use anymore.

Now drop it into your favorite CAP or start from scratch.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Wild briden!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Im going to mess with that right now..
    good shit man.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Oh woorrrd?
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

can use any prop then ? seems like a lot of work for one rail but if u could figure out how to put them in outher objects like stairs then u hit the jackpot LOL
    create it and skate it !

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

damn Briden, that's an amazing find! the CAP can now be that much more creative by merging droppables with the ground. too sick!

good job! thanx for the info

Fluckit Master

Thought id post this I just found it out. When a object is red u can change color/style just move cursor over on to it and push select. Don't click on it and it will work
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Seeing the Light

Default help

how did you select the object inside the ramp i can get it to your put up VIDEO OR EXPLAIN BETTer

Fluckin' Hatchling

Hello, folks! If you have a suicidal mood I have interesting idea for you, would you be so kind o read this article about some interesting tips that will make you feel happier. Follow the link http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/why-s...ou-to-be-funny

Look Mom! Over 8,000 Chat Posts! blitzkow's Avatar
    XBL
    blitzkow

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Alright, I figured out my own way, can't get it EXACTLY like the original video, but my way works just as well. Here goes, tutorial with Pictures.

The featured droppable object is the Ramp. I have replicated the glitch with other droppables, the key factor is that they must be able to fit INSIDE of a ground pad, any size (including mega, so big stuff will work too).

First things first, make sure Collision is turned OFF. You need to start with your desired droppable object sitting on a ground piece (Let's call this PAD1). You should take time right now to orient the piece and the droppable to how you want the droppable to end up (in this case, two flatbars). This can be done later, but it saves time and effort to figure it out ahead of time.

You now need to create a new pad that will be larger than the droppable object (full size ground pad works for the Ramp, let's call this PAD2). Place the pad so that it completely envelopes the droppable, and PAD1 should be sticking out a little bit from any side, so that it can be easily selected for moving later on. The droppable is now inside of PAD2.

Create a new ground piece big enough to support the droppable, and able to keep the same orientation if you were to flip your object over (this will be PAD3). Place it where you feel the top of the droppable will stick out in the finished piece. This may end up being a game of guess-and-check, since I have experienced a few earthquake moments in this step.

Flip over Pads 1,2,3, and the droppable all at once. The droppable should fall a little ways out of Pad 2 and land on Pad 3.

Now, you will move Pad 1 down towards the droppable, far enough so that when flipped back to the original position, the droppable will once again rest on Pad 1 and stick out as much as you desire. Flip over Pad 1, Pad 2, and the droppable to see where it ends up. Again, this can be a guess-and-check process. Pad 3 is of no use anymore.

Now drop it into your favorite CAP or start from scratch.

Hey Briden i found an easier way to do this ,xbox only, if you uninstall the update you can merge props with pads

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

This is true but you have to merge the pad with the prop not the other way around which means you would have to put the props in before you properly start work on the park.
    Videos
    Parks
    (Alliance founder. Pandora team member)
    "I can speak and spell Spanish"

XBL
    SKATAN 81

the rails always jump up :/

XBL
    x1mmortal

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    the rails always jump up :/
    What? Do you mean they earthquake?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Minglin'
    XBL
    Red 16 76

Quick question. After I bought the Xbox one, it won't let me do the merge glitch anymore. Any way around this? Haven't made parks in a while and went to try today but wouldn't let me do the glitch.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by Red1676 View Post
    Quick question. After I bought the Xbox one, it won't let me do the merge glitch anymore. Any way around this? Haven't made parks in a while and went to try today but wouldn't let me do the glitch.
    whut ? is it out now ? its not showing up to me :-(

i just checkd .. skate 3 is not out jet on the xbox one ...

so you have trouble with the merge glitch on the xbox360 ? i tryed it not long ago and it was still like it used to be
    Last edited by HCH Media; 01-13-2016 at 08:14 AM.