Thread: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD [Release Date and New DLC Info]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    EDIT:

So, I bought it. I'm actually pretty happy with the purchase.

The levels are: Warehouse, School II, The Hangar, Mall, Venice Beach, Downhill Jam, and Marseille (unlocked in that order).

There is no character customization, however, you can use your Xbox Avatar... haha. You can add stats to the pros as if they were customizable and there is an option for style 1, 2, 3, etc.. but I haven't unlocked it yet. You can change boards, add tricks and customize controls for tricks.

I think it's worth 15 bucks if you like to play Tony Hawk at all. I'm having fun with it.

The soundtrack is bringing back all kinds of nostalgia.
    Can you take away stats?
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Quote Originally Posted by Ladd279 View Post
    Can you take away stats?
    Pretty sure you cannot lower them lower then the base stats for each character. That was always my go to in the THPS games, turn the stats all the way down and turn auto kick off as well as turning off the HUD.

The game is pretty fun so far, thought there would be more levels though, but I guess with todays games you only buy 50% of a game and the rest is all DLC. It just sucks that The Warehouse, School 2 and the Hangar have been in so many THPSs after there original apperances already its not a HUGE wow factor to play them again. Also, ome of the animations are good, but as said in the thread before, the shoves look RETARDED. The nostalgia factor is pretty nice, didn't think I'd be having so much fun playing the old levels (I own all the Original Tony Hawk games up to Project 8), the soundtrack is also a great addition to the nostalgia factor as well. Any info on what the DLC levels will be? I saw School 1 in some screen shots, I really hope skater island from THPS3 is included, as well as skatestreet from THPS2.

played it for approx two minutes, and started to cry a little inside. went back to trials evo.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

My mini review is as follows:
    Demo - Absolute shit and not even worth downloading.
    $15 Game - Worth the money imo. The full game is smoother feeling then the demo (no idea why).
    It really kicks into the nostalgia factor from gameplay to music. The complaints about controls I
    don't really get. I actually hooked up my Xbox and played THPS2X today to compare. They feel
    pretty damn similar overall. My only complaint is the collision on falls has caused me to fall through
    a lot of textures into nothing until I reset. Overall, I feel it is worth the price of admission and will
    buy the September $5 DLC as well.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

played it for approx two minutes, and started to cry a little inside. went back to skate.
    i don't wanna do (A), left + (X) and left + (Y) for a kicklflip bsts when i just can flickit...
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST