Thread: Skate servers are dead. :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I wouldn't say absolutely no correlation, and I didn't mean to imply that having a cap card improves quality or that not having one makes you less of a Skate fan. My point was more about the odds. When the servers die, all things being equal, sure money plays a factor, but there's cheap cap cards and other ways to cap too like how SGs doin. My main point is just that a hardcore skate fan would be more likely to go out of their way to find a way to film than a casual player, and that in itself would at least produce a slightly higher percentage of quality vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    lol
    bullshit
    there's absolutely no correlation between owning a cap card and quality :B
    i respect you half full glass point of view but i find it really naive.

please stop using the term cap card..

Banned

Usually the hardcore skate fans suck LOL

Fluckit Master

It's the og servers not 3. Here's list of inactive games http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates
    The servers are up and working the webstite is down
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

well, we can all look forward to another tony hawk game

http://kotaku.com/5865776/hope-youre...tony-hawk-game
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well I have to say I'm sick of all this toss around work not work shit..
    I'm going to have a cap card sent to my house.. Honestly if I'm going to occupy certain days to filming on a skate game
    I don't want the hassle of being worried about what works and doesn't.. I don't think any of us deserve it but that's life.
    EA is a Monopoly. No profits, no Game..

I do think the article about the new tony hawk is interesting though, "Activison thinks they can afford it"
    Skate 4. BlackBox Activision.. it's just a logo of a company supporting the cause.. shit.
    I've never played any tony hawk online other than project 8.. and that was still pretty decent.
    Shit, Activison guys might even introduce new game modes for skate..
    Just thinking here, not that it's going to happen or the least bit accurate.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    I wouldn't say absolutely no correlation, and I didn't mean to imply that having a cap card improves quality or that not having one makes you less of a Skate fan. My point was more about the odds. When the servers die, all things being equal, sure money plays a factor, but there's cheap cap cards and other ways to cap too like how SGs doin. My main point is just that a hardcore skate fan would be more likely to go out of their way to find a way to film than a casual player, and that in itself would at least produce a slightly higher percentage of quality vids.
    quality has more something to do with how hard you work on something, how perfectionist you are, how creative you are. Imo it has nothing to do with being a so called hardcore skate fan (ie a guy playing this game all the time).

Slam I think that is almost exactly what Pawn is saying. Your just using different words. It isn't a straight across the board answer, but for the most part someone that isn't really that into it and doesn't get a lot of replies and isn't breaking new ground is less likely to spend the time and money needed to continue.

It works both ways though, if you put OG in the video right now for some reason peeps put there blinders on. I saw a OG video that was horrible, would of got blasted from switch, adopted, colic, in the old days but had plenty mostly positive reviews.

This thread is a farce and getting completely off topic IMO
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

So we all agree? Fuck ea?!

I mean we can still skate online so we're doing good. And they haven't fucked the servers just the site. Find a friend with a cap card or buy a ps3 off of someone for cheap and upload to youtube. Sucks major dicks but hey it could be worse.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

XBL
    TheDietTea

We've pretty much concluded that skate 3 is still active, skate 2?
    I'm not sure.. looked good when I left a month ago.. I hear friends are still playing so..

I honestly didn't expect Skate 3 to last very long.. but soon after release, what was it a year after
    Skate 3 came out EA announced no support.. that's a pretty big thing.. not to hold grudges but
    Most games lose support after many years.. some 2001 sports games were just let off of the grid.. it's crazy right?
    Skate 1 TOPS tony hawk.. Skate 2 must have done ok because skate 3 was soon announced under development..
    And then EA Just says no? Does anyone have that article maybe I missed something.. just doesn't sit right with me.

Fluckit Master

S2's reel isn't working. Idk about online playing rooms.