Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD [Release Date and New DLC Info]

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Default Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD [Release Date and New DLC Info]

Alrighty, for those interested THPSHD will be released on July 18th for $15/1200ms.
    It is a mix of THPS 1 & 2 out of the box (so to speak).

Approximately 30-45 days after it's release will be a DLC for $5/400ms that will
    add select THPS 3 levels (such as airport) to the game. Just thought I would update
    people on the latest news.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/02/to...-as-dlc-for-5/

UPDATE: The DLC will also have the inclusion of the "Revert", but you can only use it
    on the DLC levels as to preserve the integrity of the earlier levels.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/to...ck-the-revert/
    Last edited by replicant; 07-03-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Revert Info
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Still an automatic purchase for me, with or without a sim mode.

Glad there will be additional levels too, I liked the airport.

I'm definitely buying it. THPS gave me a warm feeling whenever I popped it in on PS1. Good times.
    I've got a cap card so this is my chance to gain a lot of coverage from randoms looking up "Tony Hawk HD Video" on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    I've got a cap card so this is my chance to gain a lot of coverage from randoms looking up "Tony Hawk HD Video" on YouTube.
    i like the way you think,Marco
    i'm sure i'll buy it,it's Tony Hawk for pete's sake... we wouldn't be here right now without it

and thps3 dlc, damn dude, i'm stoked!

jesus, if they started adding content from every tony hawk game to this, just wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Fluckit Master

Can't wait! Don't forget thps2 had a sim mode cheat
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

I was really excited for this until I saw gameplay footage. The original THPS had better looking skating then this does. Hopefully I can get over it and enjoy the game regardless. Just wish Skatestreet Ventura was in it from THPS2, always loved that level.

re learned No Cigar and Superman this morning, getting pumped haha

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

hooray for trials

I haven't read or heard anything involving create a skater, it's not a deal breaker for me buying it, but I'd love for it to be in there.

I would just take a few small things to make it so much better, like having THPS 4 style grind exit buttons, sim mode and option to empty your stats. Still, expecting the worst hoping for the best

wait is a demo out for PS3 and Xbox?

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    wait is a demo out for PS3 and Xbox?
    The demo will be released on the 18th when the game goes Gold.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Looks like its coming out later on the PS3, everywhere i've looked its saying release date TBA

new vid though

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/07/16/...launch-trailer

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    Looks like its coming out later on the PS3, everywhere i've looked its saying release date TBA

new vid though

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/07/16/...launch-trailer
    Hadn't heard about this, but I checked their FB page and it's been updated.
    Xbox 360 will get it tomorrow and PS3/PC will get it "a few weeks later".
    No dates or any other information given. Very strange indeed.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Testing out the demo in a minute, still downloading.
    Read in one review that the controls are wack and don't respond correctly.
    Others just complain about no local split-screen multiplayer, everything else is good.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Testing out the demo in a minute, still downloading.
    Read in one review that the controls are wack and don't respond correctly.
    Others just complain about no local split-screen multiplayer, everything else is good.
    I have the demo downloaded and it feels very odd. Mainly I think it is because I am
    so used to playing Skate that the controls just feel "wrong". Been trying to buy it, but XBL
    is currently down so I can't pick it up yet.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Played the demo and I'll put it like this...

Skate has revolutionized skateboarding in video games too much. Pro Skater HD feels like a short, nostalgic step back.
    Playing it, I can remember what it feels like to hold the PS1 controllers in my hand. It's definitely a 15 dollar game.
    It's a good "side" game. If I'm ever bored, stuck staring at my dashboard, I could play TH right quick.
    But yeah, Skate is way ahead of THPS's time for me to enjoy it for an extended amount of time.

The only rational complaint I have for Pro Skater HD is...
    You can only skate as pros, and there are so few of them.

I'm a fan of the main games of the Tony Hawk series, though.
    This might be the last of the series. I'm going to be happy to purchase it when Xbox Live comes back.

I'm pretty satisfied with the game as well, from what i've seen, still haven't bought it though.
    The controls work fine, that review I read about them being unresponsive was a moron, he probably just wasn't familiar with the layout.
    It's pretty dumb that you can't finish a run, at least, but I just ended up pushing back and doing quick retries after a minute.
    The grinds can be a bit wacky at times, but it's not that distracting from simply enjoying the game.

I think the reviews that are giving this game a 8 out of 10 are pretty accurate, but then again, haven't seen the whole game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention one thing, the pop shuv and front shove animation look fucking ridiculous, haha.
    NOBODY spreads their legs like they're doing a damn airwalk just to land a shuv it.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 07-18-2012 at 02:30 PM.

The demo doesn't make me wanna drop 15 dollars. I expected to be skating at ridiculous heights, but what in the actual fuck? I may as well have been skydiving. Maybe that's just the demo but shit I played for about 2 minutes and was not convinced. If anyone has any means of changing my mind I welcome your opinion because I really wanna see the game but fuck 15 dollars. I paid 5 dollars for pro skater 2x and I had a shit ton more levels create a park, multiplayer, and custom skaters.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

I think 15 is a well-rounded price, sure it's missing quite a bit, all the create-a-_______, few levels, few characters.
    Seven levels is still a good amount, truly, I wish there was more, probably like the rest of you, but seven isn't bad.
    I think a batch of THPS3 levels isn't the only dlc that they will be thinking of adding either, so we can expect more and more levels, granted, it's dropping more bucks just to play them. They will be adding characters with each DLC as well, so far, all I've heard about is steve caballero.

My hope is that if this sells well enough, they'll consider developing a full on game, on disc, that includes aspects from each game in the series, excluding ride and shred, of course. It's a bit of stretch to assume that, i'm aware, but i'd like to support them by buying this game just on that alone.

Wait so is there customization or not? Is their a Sim Mode? I thought Xbox got it today.

Purchased it. My gameplay:

nice Marco,wasting no time for TH footy.lol
    you can deff tell that you're trying to skate as realistically as the game'll allow,i'll have to try the demo when it hits PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by m7419 View Post
    you can deff tell that you're trying to skate as realistically as the game'll allow.
    LOL, I knowww right? hahaha

The reverts look siiick. That might be the most realistic part of the gameplay.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

after that all i can say is, THANK GOD FOR SKATE. it looks fun. like it was back in the day. i think i prefer skate though. might buy thps hd anyways i dunno. fingerflip airwalk should have been in skate. 1 foot smiths as well and crail slides

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 07-18-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    EDIT:

So, I bought it. I'm actually pretty happy with the purchase.

The levels are: Warehouse, School II, The Hangar, Mall, Venice Beach, Downhill Jam, and Marseille (unlocked in that order).

There is no character customization, however, you can use your Xbox Avatar... haha. You can add stats to the pros as if they were customizable and there is an option for style 1, 2, 3, etc.. but I haven't unlocked it yet. You can change boards, add tricks and customize controls for tricks.

I think it's worth 15 bucks if you like to play Tony Hawk at all. I'm having fun with it.

The soundtrack is bringing back all kinds of nostalgia.
    Can you take away stats?
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Got it today, and I'm kinda bummed on it, feels awkward to a certain extent, probably because I am so used to playing Skate.. I still somewhat enjoyed playing the game though, played School 2 for a while this morning, tried to go over that wall to skate the Carlsbad grass gap but never got to do so haha

most of the trick animations looked weird as fuck too, especially the shuvs... and when I tried fakie/nollie inward heels, for some reason it seems like it would pop the nollie and flip a regular inward heel haha I might not see the trick animation incorrectly, but it looks odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladd279 View Post
    Can you take away stats?
    Pretty sure you cannot lower them lower then the base stats for each character. That was always my go to in the THPS games, turn the stats all the way down and turn auto kick off as well as turning off the HUD.

The game is pretty fun so far, thought there would be more levels though, but I guess with todays games you only buy 50% of a game and the rest is all DLC. It just sucks that The Warehouse, School 2 and the Hangar have been in so many THPSs after there original apperances already its not a HUGE wow factor to play them again. Also, ome of the animations are good, but as said in the thread before, the shoves look RETARDED. The nostalgia factor is pretty nice, didn't think I'd be having so much fun playing the old levels (I own all the Original Tony Hawk games up to Project 8), the soundtrack is also a great addition to the nostalgia factor as well. Any info on what the DLC levels will be? I saw School 1 in some screen shots, I really hope skater island from THPS3 is included, as well as skatestreet from THPS2.

played it for approx two minutes, and started to cry a little inside. went back to trials evo.

XBL
    replicant#2618

My mini review is as follows:
    Demo - Absolute shit and not even worth downloading.
    $15 Game - Worth the money imo. The full game is smoother feeling then the demo (no idea why).
    It really kicks into the nostalgia factor from gameplay to music. The complaints about controls I
    don't really get. I actually hooked up my Xbox and played THPS2X today to compare. They feel
    pretty damn similar overall. My only complaint is the collision on falls has caused me to fall through
    a lot of textures into nothing until I reset. Overall, I feel it is worth the price of admission and will
    buy the September $5 DLC as well.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

played it for approx two minutes, and started to cry a little inside. went back to skate.
    i don't wanna do (A), left + (X) and left + (Y) for a kicklflip bsts when i just can flickit...
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    Video
    Nice video Marco, I wonder if you can turn down the voice volume in the game? Sounds like he's beating someone up in some old kung-fu movie when he lands tricks.
    LB is like a pedophile playground, either old bastards or little kids.. -adda

bought it and played for like 2 hours last night. i've spent 15 bucks on a lot stupider stuff. Like even if i never played it again, the time i spent last night is still the same as going to a 3d movie.

besides, this brings back a lot of good memories trying to stay up til dawn eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew.

i wish there were more/different levels. honestly the warehouse is so fucking classic, but after a few runs it's just not that cool of a level. and the hangar is like the warehouse part 2. would've rather had minneapolis, new york, philly, or san fran. more outdoors
    Last edited by mamba12; 07-19-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by mamba12 View Post
    stay up til dawn eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew.
    Would pay 15 just for this.

Bummed that PS3 still has to wait for this.

I played THPS2 for a bit, not as floaty as i remember it, the sim mode made some flatground tricks impossible but gave a nice feel to the game.

Stopped Pushing Mongo SpadedOne's Avatar

I downloaded the demo. I set the controller down before the end of my first run. The nostalgia just did not hold up for me. The new graphics just aren't that big of a deal. Skate just ruined the TH franchise. No couch co-op is a stupid ass decision. No customizing anything but pro stats? seriously? Oh, and they are going to make you pay extra for game mechanics with the TH3 DLC. I see too many things wrong with this game. The only good thing that I got out of the demo was the knowledge that I still have a PS1 and a copy of Thrasher: Skate and destroy. I ended up playing Thrasher for 3 hours last night. Thrasher: Skate and Destroy > Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD.
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

What are the controls like?
    PSN id Clae_howard
    sk8goat55