Thread: 10 Favorite Video Games ever (Besides Skate games)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default 10 Favorite Video Games ever (Besides Skate games)

Saw the last thread, now I feel like discovering everyone's general gaming interests. Try to keep them in order from greatest to lowest if you can :P
    Also explain why if possible

For me

1) Earthbound (SNES) - Just an experience within itself, redefined RPGs for me, and undoubtedly changed my life, as cheesy as that may sound. Impossible to forget playing this game.
    2) Mother 3 (GBA) - The sequel to Earthbound, which was known as Mother 2 in Japan. I never cared for the first Mother game, but these two are beyond incredible. Mother 3 has one of the most moving storylines in video game history. The only game to ever legitimately make me almost cry.
    3) Bioshock (PC for me) - A huge sucker for steampunk, the influence easily go to me from the start. From there, the urban decay of a marvel of a city drew me in further, and the UNBELIEVABLE storytelling about 3/4 through the game just blew me away. Just finished playing it earlier this week, and it's instantly in my top 3.
    4) Jet Grind (Set) Radio (Dreamcast) - Beautiful game, from its bright, vivid cell shaded graphics to the unbelievably inspired music. Latch on a crazy story, Motor powered rollerblades, and graffiti and you have one hell of a ride.
    5) Assassin's Creed 2 (X360 for me) - Incredible story, although the game is considered overrated by most, and I would likely agree, the actual STORY aspect of it is still severely underrated. all historically plausible, while maintaining the mystery and conspiracy to keep one on their toes.
    6) Minecraft (PC) - Not much to say, this game is the best sandbox I ever played in.
    7) NHL '94 (SNES, Sega Genesis) - Best hockey game I ever played, and still play to this day. Hands down.
    8) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (X360 for me, although I would love to get it on PC) - Do I really need to say anything?
    9) Persona 3 (PS2) - Incredible story and atmosphere for an RPG, and long enough to last you forever and a half. Something hard to forget.
    10) Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (XBLA for me, also on PSN) - River City Ransom inspired gameplay, with more moves added on, Custom sprites drawn by Paul Robertson. Absolutely wonderful Co-Op play, soon to get online support.
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-17-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    The artist formerly known as Luft