Thread: Going to attempt to get funding for a new skate game. not skate 4.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    crni1976

Hey, I have to admit your enthusiasm for this project is viral, but I do think that you need to think through very carefully where you want to be going with it before you sit down and talk to possible investors. Right now, it seems to me you are still headed in a thousand directions which is quite far from a proper project or any kind of business plan, and hence quite far from impressing said investors. Either way, all the best to you for taking this initiative! I hope you can work it out...

As far as a new game is concerned, I would personally like to see the return of the flick it system, although with more sensitive controls, since it is pretty damn hard to pull off subtle movements (I am thinking lip tricks especially) with the current controls, which often lack subtlety and speed. Same with the skater mechanics, I would like to see more fluid movements, both during skating and when off board.

Other good ideas in my book are definitely a day and night cycle, the possibility to throw or smack your board out of frustration, and the possibility to break a board or maybe even kingpin during skating, so you have to change your set-up. I would welcome more clothing as well, especially pants, and shirts.

And I would most definitely want to hear a better soundtrack. Although I have an eclectic taste in music, I am mainly into hardcore and punk myself, but honestly speaking, with the exception of a couple of songs, the scores of the successive entries in the series sucked some serious ass, and that needs to get improved. The thought of player customized or player created set lists crossed my mind but will lead to some serious copyright and royalty issues for sure.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading. Cheers,
    Last edited by crni1976; 12-01-2012 at 10:47 AM.