Thread: Going to attempt to get funding for a new skate game. not skate 4.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exactly Ladd. My brother recently replayed one of the older pokemon games and told me about how some pokemon came out at night and others during the day. In real life some spots are easier to hit at night time it can't be that hard to do that. And for quick crete and things like that you could easily just have a certain type of obstacle be the type that you can customize.

A flight a stairs + plywood = euro gap/step up....a banked wall or barrier + quick crete = DIY quarter pipe, a hammer + a capped rail = un capped skatable rail.

The same way OG (or S2 I forgot which) had pool draining and un skatestopping it shouldn't be that hard. Hell you could even have it like a spot challenge where if you see something you can skate (pre set by developers) you trigger a cut scene that sets it up to be skatable.

I know you all want BARE BONES GOOD PHYSICS but you forget that at this point we are a cult following. So not everyone thinks the same, we also should make it new and fun.

-peace.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

Fluckit Master

Haha love the Pokemon reference ohmid, but he is exactly right. I remember just skating around until certain times where we could where we wanted
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmidineffect
    know you all want BARE BONES GOOD PHYSICS but you forget that at this point we are a cult following. So not everyone thinks the same, we also should make it new and fun.
    won't argue with that,but what made me a fan of the Skate series was how much it felt like actually skating...way more than THPS ever did.
    i'd love to see alot of these ideas happen,just don't want the core of what needs to be there to be overlooked by extra features.

I can definitely understand where you're coming from m.seven. But I REALLY want it to feel like skating haha. Can you imagine how the community would grow if you could share a DIY spot?

Like if I put a kicker down somewhere and it made hitting a ledge to bank drop that was once impossible, possible? Skating a spot at a time and seeing that security is less present around a certain time?

The biggest thing for me is a community feeling. I like the feeling of sharing things, even if the whole place was just ONE EXTREMELY thought out town I'd be stoked.

With the cap glitch in Skate 3 I've built EVERYTHING I could really want to build and there is still more to do so I don't need a new one. This one is pretty much perfect to me.

I'd love to have the option of picking a skate shop to send a sponsor me to and skating for a local shop and then riding flow for a team and then am and then finally pro.

Starting out skating open jams and then getting invited to competitions and what not. Events that make some areas more accessible. Like private team only TFs and shit like that. Like instead of making it along the lines of THPS, make it more rpg like in nature almost, gain respect and notoriety and more places and perks will come along and make themselves known.

Sorry for the long posts hahah the idea of a new game makes me giddy.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

Fluckit Master

Skate shop idea is gold!
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Yes You Can!

Nice to see someone actually trying to get something started. Best of luck Novel!

There are tons of good ideas on Fluckit when it comes to new skateboard games but I think everyone agrees that first and foremost it needs to have a good engine – it needs to feel like skating. Street and transition.
    That alone won't sell games to anyone who doesn't skate however and that is really the biggest hurdle in creating a realistic skate game.

How is this new game gonna attract gamers and not just skaters? That is the key question investors are going to ask.
    How are you going to make it sell?

With Skate it was easier because the developers could point to THPS and say: We can do something that feels much more authentic and realistic. There was nothing like it when it was released.

I think if any new realistic skate game is going to get released it needs to be attractive to both skaters and regular gamers without resorting to what Skate and THPS did, namely adding goofy stunts, hall of meat, shopping carts, stupid stuff like that.

That is a tough nut to crack.
    Member/Founder of CAP Faction

only thing which could improve the current park creator, would be the ability to edit your parks during a session

XBL
    YumyyyP & i enjoi hopps

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    only thing which could improve the current park creator, would be the ability to edit your parks during a session
    you could troll people so hard doing that haha