Quote Originally Posted by Ohmidineffect View Post
Here's my two cents. As far as skateboarding goes I think the golden age resided in the early ninties where it was obscure and the followers weren't in it for just money. I loved the songs that people skated to, the graffitti'd grungy spots. SO if I were to have any input into a new skateboarding game I'd have the following to say:

1) TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR COMMUNITY. You have a community full of die hard fans that have been playing the game for ages. In terms of level design ask park builders for some help. I'm a real artist and would be ecstatic to provide input for level layouts and design.

2) I honestly would rather no pros. I really liked the IDEA of Tony Hawks Underground. Starting as a rookie and getting hype. Maybe as you gain respect as a skater you get invited to different spots and what not. When I was skating in real life, the more people I met was the more places I'd learn about and events I'd know about.

3) Don't limit the music. I'm a hardcore drummer but I love hip hop as well. My mom used to say, if you go in the cold with a jacket, if its too warm you can take it off. If you go without one, you'll stay cold and have no option out. So give me the option to turn off hip hop if I don't want it.

4) In terms of bailing I'd love to stay away from ragdoll or cartoony bails, take hints from real skate boarding bails and run outs.

5) THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ALL, INCLUDE THINGS LIKE QUICK CRETE, HAMMERS AND NAILS, SETTING UP PLY WOOD KICKERS ETC. AND SECURITY. Guys I don't know about you but I really like the challenge of skating what shouldn't be skated, more than CAP. Real life means we have to wait for the perfect time to skate when securities light or cut down a gate or quick crete a wall to make a bank or something.

That's it for me!
Very good points, but the issue with the last thing is, while it sounds wonderful, it'd be very difficult to pull off, especially without a major developer.