The only thing that will provide satisfaction is a moddable pc game. Flight sim nerds, combat junkies and racing idiots (like me) have it made. Each can rely on a community of gamers that have the tools, skills, and maturity to develop a perfect game amongst themselves. Unfortunately we do not have a base-game to work from, as aforementioned communities do. And I am not confident that the Skate community has the coding chops to pull it off anyway. No hate. Its a good thing. Comes with the territory. Most of us are right-brain creative thinkers, not number crunchers.

So all we need is 1) an open-source skateboarding game engine, 2) about a dozen programming and design geniuses that happen to skate in real life and have time to dedicate a good portion of their life to a project that promises $0.00 dollars in compensation, and 3) a large community gamers willing to share ideas, encouragement, and constructive criticism.

<crickets>

Anything less will be a disappointment. Stop skating. Break your board. Go back inside and lock the door. Everyone thinks you are an antisocial loser anyway. Prove them right. Go learn C++.

Seriously though, I'd lend whatever skills and knowledge I have to a project like this. If some of us older guys with a little cash pooled our resources together, it's not unrealistic to hire a tech student or freelancer for a few thousand dollars to dev a simple engine. Then all of us can go nuts on the code, call in a pro when necessary. Of course all of the donors would end up hating each other, but potentially have something to show for it.

Just riffing. Maybe talkin shit. I know nothing about anything.