Quote Originally Posted by Permy View Post
Scott and Jay own flickit
not ea

also good luck
I think you are correct, I have yet to get a response from EA regarding patent rights and so forth. I believe them to be the true owners of the rights. I'm having trouble getting in touch with either of these people, I sent out emails to all if not most of the main people who worked on skate. Months ago, and have to get a reply. These were the two people I feared talking to the most, but also had the most authority when it came to doing a new sim.
So now that we know who owns the rights to flick it, and thank god it isn't EA, because lawyer advised me not to do business with any major corp. Like them. Because they'd attempt to sell the patent on a lease type offer, that would include them making money from the deal long after the deal had been made. (Which is what I would do as well) it is good business. Scott I believe is working on other titles at the moment. And I'm already at another roadblock. I'm working on getting in touch with lil' Wayne's people, and keeping the numbers handy in case it comes to that. Who knows, he may have an interest in not only the skateboarding aspect but also the music. The guy who did the music for 'this is my element', David 'odd nosdam friend of a friend, has agreed to contribute for free to any project.
I'm going to regroup with myself this weekend. Get some more numbers, and try to not give up already. But finding out that EA does not own flick it ' has pretty much made this 70% more attemptable. I see this might actually pan out. It's a long shot, but damnit skateboarding culture is alive and it is innovative and cool.