PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

Default PS4

share button. any thoughts?

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Fluckit Master

I've supported Sony all the way through so ill def get it, I missed the stream they had but been reading during work breaks. Controller looks weird but sure ill adjust, share button I love, apparently they went all out graphics wise read its better than 720 is suppose to be, also read there might be paid services which I'm fine with also. About to buy a vita which you'll be able to use on ps4 like the wii u so that'll be sweet
    Last edited by Ladd279; 02-21-2013 at 03:29 AM.
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

the share button's secondary function is sharing stuff, the primary function is turning you into a viral ad tool in your friendslist. what better way to market games than free ads on everybody's fb walls.

i want none of that stupid social crap on my console. i want to play games and that's about it. i don't need it a big ass digital footprint all over the internet.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ladd279 View Post
    graphics wise read its better than 720 is suppose to be
    To be fair, you don't know that, and i'm going to face palm if they actually call it the xbox720, haha.

and I second schnavolda's post, I don't sit around trying to make sure everyone sees the latest achievement/trophy I got or anything relating to that.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 02-21-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Fluckit Master

It's more than just posting on Facebook, it's partnered with ustream. Like its own little pvr

"Speaking at today's Sony event, the PlayStation 4's lead system architect, Mark Cerny said players will be able to hit the "share" button on the PS4 controller, scan through the minutes of a game they've played, pick and tag the segments they want to upload, and the video will be uploaded while the player returns to the game"

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Was a little dissapointing from Sony. They've had years to come up with a mesmorising, "HOLY SHIT" event, yet nothing really struck me as that. Seemed like a slot at E3, not their own Playstation event. I'm never going to be a fan of touchpad on a controller. Why do we need it? If it aint broke... Share button will be fun for a few minutes though.

And for it to be released in a matter of months and them not show us the actual console was a real stinker.

inFamous Second Son looks cool though from the tiny bit we saw. Have been sold on Watch Dogs since E3 last year, and that short Demo last night just sold it to me all over again.

Not 100% sold on the PS4 yet, but I know I'm gonna end up getting one anyway, just liek eevry other one. God damn it.

Im pretty hyped on Watch Dogs, Destiny, Diablo 3 and of Course Driveclub. Beside that im stoked to see what the Devs come up with in the Future.

i'm sure i'll eventually get one,but seeing as i just got a new ps3 it won't be any time soon.
    don't really care about all the social networking stuff,and not too hyped on paying to play online.i already pay $50 a year for ps+

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

a few awesome looking games+
    no backward compatibility-
    remote play with vita (meh)
    pig disgusting controller-
    share button- (why)
    pay for online gaming-
    maybe no used games-

sony gets a big why/10 from me

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    no backward compatibility-
    I didn't understand this bit. Did they say something about it might happen eventually?

just read on ign that the inability to play used games is a false rumor,so that's good to hear.
    the graphics look amazing from what's been shown,could care less for streaming games and digital...i'm old school,give me my disc in a box.
    touchscreen controllers belong on the Wii

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    I didn't understand this bit. Did they say something about it might happen eventually?
    they told us that you could play ps3 games, but you would have to re-buy them from the store

Fluckit Master

God I want this game so baaad

they told us that you could play ps3 games, but you would have to re-buy them from the store
    i've got over 50 games on my shelf plus whatever's on my hd,i'll keep my ps3 for that.
    i'm just hoping they support psn,ps+,etc. on ps3 for some time in the future and don't shuffle it all to ps4

the whole play s1 2 3 games via g word service interests me...
    obviously its not all games but how can sony determine what i want to play...

it said all this social dynamivc of knowing what you want to play before you queue it ect...
    if all i have is skate related games..
    could g word service offer classics like thrasher via g word service...

i just wanna play thrasher more...

coughmyfriendmovesinaugandigetherps2cough
    coughmailmy4copiesofthrashertomyselffromfloridacou gh
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Awful Awfuls!
    PSN
    Doggdx666

M.seven - yes but you would be able to make edits from the ps4 and yes they will keep supporting ps3,ps+,psn because they made announcement on that
    Snail- If you have a ps3 and and a Ps4 why care for backwards incompatibility /only reason you are mad at any of the ps4 is because you got a xbox and now your a fan boy but from what seems what xbox wont be released till 2014

i wanna see more on the editing video feature,see what it can actually do.didn't see the psn/+ details so glad they'll continue to support my broke ass

im stoked on the video uploading. No longer have to rely on ea servers

Snail is bitching about the controller but it looks awesome. Joysticks look better. I hear some bitching that they kept the same small controller design that some hate. But I think even more people would be pissed off if they changed it too much. They've had that since PS1 and people are used to it.

The touch thing will have little to do in game. I will be a small detail here and there

you forgetting about the light on the back of the controller. It acts like play station move.

You can watch friends play their games in real time. And even take over their controller if they let you and u can help them beat hard parts and stuff
    they talked about using friend chat from the PS to the vita do phones and tablets.

We also have to understand there was no way they could reveal everything. Cant show all their tricks. Xbox hasent said shit yet. And Xbox is good at stealing ideas. Completely ripped off Nintendo Mii's lol.

I wonder if they're keeping PS Home.
    The last one was a fail cause they released it far too early. There was nothing to it. Then people lost interest.

Like the psp, the ps4 does the thing where you turn it off,you can turn it back on and you will be at the exact same spot in ur game with no loading

No more demos. You can play games from the store with cloud gaming and try it that way. U play it immediately.
    Everything can download in the background.

If you buy a game, you can play it almost right away. You dont have to wait for the entire thing to download. You cant start playing it as it is still downloading

theres some other cool shit mentioned i forget

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by doggdx666 View Post
    Snail- If you have a ps3 and and a Ps4 why care for backwards incompatibility /only reason you are mad at any of the ps4 is because you got a xbox and now your a fan boy but from what seems what xbox wont be released till 2014
    fucking lol not at all
    ive been a sony fanboy since the beginning. i have owned every system they have put out since the ps1, including the vita, which was a christmas gift. the vita really isn't that great of a portable system at all, it's too large and cumbersome to fit into my pocket nicely and i'm not about to whip it out of a backpack to play persona 4 on the bus. the social network sharing seems like nothing more than free advertisement for other games, and frankly why should any of my facebook friends know when i'm playing a video game? and the "paying for online features" is mostly what kept me in sony's pocket for the longest time, since their online service was free as opposed to xbox live.

edit: in regards to the controller, it was more of a question of "why bother with the touch capabilities?" if you're going to keep the same small controller design, why put this massive block in the middle that doesn't really do anything other than be an awkward addition that takes up design space?
    Last edited by i am a snail; 02-21-2013 at 07:39 AM.

every new console gen there's a ton of cool bells and whistles,some useful some just eye candy.
    idk,my ps3 does everything i'd care to be able to do with a game system for the time being.
    guess i could just care less about having the latest thing on the market anymore..old age has brought a sense of practicality

as far as the controller having touch screen and move functions..meh.i bought all that move stuff and used it maybe 5 times and sold it

edit: in regards to the controller, it was more of a question of "why bother with the touch capabilities?" if you're going to keep the same small controller design, why put this massive block in the middle that doesn't really do anything other than be an awkward addition that takes up design space?
    before they just had the start select and home buttons. rarely used select. Not sure where the home button is. Your finger hardly went to that area. So its not taking up space in terms of play. and design space? Who gives a fuck what the controller looks like? What is this, fucking apple where everything they do is fancy dancy looking and overpriced. Your eyes will be to your TV. I know im going to like its feel. Same as PS3. Looks a bit more comfortable. Function > form

It will be used like the back of the vita. that touch pad is used for minute parts of games but its a cool addition to change the play up.

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post

as far as the controller having touch screen and move functions..meh.i bought all that move stuff and used it maybe 5 times and sold it
    cause there was limited games for it
    but now its standard. So almost every game will take advantage of it. And you dont need any extra stuff or specialized games. That why you barely played it. Just focused on other games. And again its not going to be pure move stuff. It's just something extra for developers to play with

Might not see if now, but if your a metal gear solid fan, you know Kojima is one of the most creative minds out there. And I look forward to see what he come up with these
    Last edited by Ayreon; 02-21-2013 at 08:23 AM.

wasn't for lack of games,just couldn't get into it.just not my thing i guess.
    i've heard talk of integrating it to the dualshock 4 so didnt come as a surprise.

i'm sure i'll eventually get one,just not gonna be soon.can't justify spending another $400-600 on a new system when the ps3 works just fine.

Is it that fucking hard to talk about consoles without it turning into a debate? I've yet to see it happen.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i for one am not looking forward to the pricing of the new consoles. the 8gb of ddr5 in the ps4 is pricey by itself

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

PS4 Summed Up:

Ok, I have 3 things that make PS4 "win" in my book.
    1) Watch Dogs
    2) Ability to play Thrasher: Skate and Destroy/Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX and stream them easily for your friends.
    3) Watch Dogs
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Is it that fucking hard to talk about consoles without it turning into a debate? I've yet to see it happen.
    Yes.
    Everyone is different and they have different opinions. I have yet to see the "SONY SUX, XBOX IS BETTUR LUL!" reply. or visa versa xbox sux, ps3 haazah!.....so we're doing pretty good. Dont see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    PS4 Summed Up:
    [video]
    ahah its like a mantaray with pants

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    PS4 Summed Up:
    "i have this really wierd thing for cars i just wanna touch em i just wanna be with em"

i am laughing audibly in my college's food court and people are looking at me.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

And even take over their controller if they let you and u can help them beat hard parts and stuff
    From the odd posts I've read through on various sites, people seem stoked about this.

Doesn't this take away the reward and whole aim of playing a video game? I don't know anyone who plays a game that doesn't want to complete any of the actual game themselves. Whats the point?

Definitely a feature that won't even be looked at for me.

i am a DRAGON!!

Fluckit Master

Every new system is getting rid of used games not just Sony, suppose drop price for games tho

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label

Yes You Can!

social network i see as being another fb
    spectate mode would be useful for those who do gameplay commentaries and it make it easier for them personal
    share button i wouldnt mind for sharing stuff with friends, just not to the whole world
    Drive club is prob the game i want most including watch dogs and lbp

frenchy

yes that is me and tyler the creator

im a xbox person
    5150-back2Basics-meth monsters

Quote Originally Posted by ItsFJ View Post
    social network i see as being another fb
    The social network IS partially facebook.
    They are working with FB. They will be connected

Fluckit Master

I like the way things are headed, pretty sure something's will change between now and release tho. Their going back to a gamers system like they were with ps1,ps2. They tried the whole "in your living room" approach with ps3 not saying it didn't work but now that they did that certain people aren't gonna be happy if the "payment services" are true.

Btw people there is so such thing as the "best" so arguing is pointless

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label

but about thrasher...

i read something somewhere...
    basically the machine records up to "mins" of previous "gameplay" and you can "scroll" through it and "decide" what "parts" you want to upload...

sounds hella fishy to me...
    also ps+ only...
    and ps+ will be $80 instead of $50...

(shruggs)

sidenote...

was thinking....
    an update to register your discs...
    disc in....registers disc to user...
    if connected....
    g word service and psn recognize ownership of game...
    boom...
    free full stream via g word service...

it would suck to start over with no game save but thats something they came out and said the ps4 will not do...
    which to me...
    i get it....you want us to use your console as much as possible....
    its dick..
    but i get it...

obviously someone with shit or no internet wont get this update but that still stands for any update today so that null and void...

just thinking...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

watch dogs is also going to be on xbox 360 and ps3 so..

also share it.
    i want to see what knack is like though
    and deep down
    synergy
    share it

also there's a touch screen on the controller HOW MUCH COOLER CAN IT THE GET

FUCKING SYNERGY!

Fluckit Master

Read and told watch dogs will be strict new gen game.

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

the official ubisoft site for the game says XBOX 360 on it in big white letters...

Microsoft Windows
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 4
    Wii U
    Xbox 360

You sure about that?