Thread: "Turn It Up" S3 Montage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckin' Hatchling

Default "Turn It Up" S3 Montage

Ok, here's my 3rd montage. I like this one a lot better then my previous ones. I'm improving on doing realistic lines. The production quality is a lot better as well. Enjoy, and please give feedback.

Do you have any idea what realistic is?

Fluckin' Hatchling

If your response is an attempt at trolling, it's a poor one. If it's not, yes...I do know what realistic is. I also know that the term is subject to interpretation, as I've seen plenty of "realistic" videos that have even more unrealistic lines then I do. And as I said before, I'm "improving on the process". That means I haven't perfected it, but I'm learning and trying to. So if your feedback isn't going to point out what I can do to improve, do me the solid of keepin' it yo' yourself, eh? Thanks.

It's comments like yours with "masked" sarcasm that's the reason why the community is going to die slowly. Instead of being dicks to new comers, how about trying to help them out and give them pointers on how to improve? Novel concept, isn't it?
    Last edited by Oz70NYC; 08-11-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Awful Awfuls!

Music was fine, but filming needs work...like "not-using-the-tripod-cam" needs work. There was maybe a trick or two that looked realistic, but that was it.

Check out the other vids on here to pick up some ideas. The guy above me would be a great starting point.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Amphan View Post
    Music was fine, but filming needs work...like "not-using-the-tripod-cam" needs work. There was maybe a trick or two that looked realistic, but that was it.

Check out the other vids on here to pick up some ideas. The guy above me would be a great starting point.
    I didn't use the tripod. It was the advanced free cam. So you're suggesting I do less panning shots and more follow & stationary stuff? And as far as tricks, are their certain tricks I shouldn't be doing, because I tried doing the most simplest stuff I could think of. I want to do realism, but I don't want it to be boring, either.

This is just my IMO and nothing more:

If you are going for realism, then your filming needs to mirror realism as well. Also, remember you don't have to flip in and out of every grind. A simple clean exits out of grinds can look just as good, even more so if you tweak the landing so it does the different animations each time to vary it up.

I would suggest looking on here or YT for tips video on using advanced free cam, there are a couple of good ones about.

Oh and the transitions are deffo not needed. a simple cut, or very short fade looks so much better IMO.

Awful Awfuls!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz70NYC View Post
    I didn't use the tripod. It was the advanced free cam. So you're suggesting I do less panning shots and more follow & stationary stuff? And as far as tricks, are their certain tricks I shouldn't be doing, because I tried doing the most simplest stuff I could think of. I want to do realism, but I don't want it to be boring, either.
    My bad. I see you used it in some spots. But other shots looked like you used the tripod cam. Use your judgment when it comes to filming. You can do panning shots if you want, just think about the way you want it to look if you were the one shooting it.

Also, watch this video. And like I said, watch videos on this forum. A majority of the people put in a lot of thought and work into their videos (not to say that you don't), and are met with positive feedback.
    Last edited by Amphan; 08-11-2013 at 09:14 AM.

No more underflips.

I'm serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

waaay too many underflips in and out of everything,like Amphan said only a couple tricks i'd call "realistic".lots of accidental looking stuff to be honest.

as far as calling Stevie a troll,let's see...
    you've been here for 2 years with 10 posts to show for it
    he's been an active & respected member for years

point being we've seen ALOT of videos in that time claiming to be "realistic" that have been far from,so calling him a troll for calling you out on it(whether you agree or not) just makes you look like another one of these guys that stops by now and then and expects praise on a subpar video from guys that spend a good deal of time and effort on just a single clip,nevermind an entire video.

don't blame honesty for killing Skate,EA took care of that.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    waaay too many underflips in and out of everything,like Amphan said only a couple tricks i'd call "realistic".lots of accidental looking stuff to be honest.

as far as calling Stevie a troll,let's see...
    you've been here for 2 years with 10 posts to show for it
    he's been an active & respected member for years

point being we've seen ALOT of videos in that time claiming to be "realistic" that have been far from,so calling him a troll for calling you out on it(whether you agree or not) just makes you look like another one of these guys that stops by now and then and expects praise on a subpar video from guys that spend a good deal of time and effort on just a single clip,nevermind an entire video.

don't blame honesty for killing Skate,EA took care of that.
    1st off, let me stop you in your tracks in saying that him "calling me out" isn't why I called him a troll. He posted nothing in the vain of feedback. Just the typically expected "Low Road" response that does nothing but make him seem like a no-it-all. A lesser person would say "fuck it" and give up even trying to improve after repeated comments like that from "veterans". I could do the whole song and dance and counter every point your attempted to make in your retort, but I don't want my threads to go off track. Fact of the matter is, I'm looking to get better. So any feedback a person leaves in one of my threads to the contrary of offering me advice and insight to get better will be met with the way I met the same way it's delivered.

And as far as EA killing the community, they only pulled the plug on the life support system. The community itself drunk it's own poison. Just because I've only posted 10 times here in 2 years doesn't mean I wasn't in other communities. Of course you assume that because that's what people do...assume. I've watched the community deteriorate thanks in part to comments like "Stevie's". Instead of helping people improve their filming, majority of the "cool kids" throw them under the bus, yet they're all in each others threads kissing each others asses. How do you think that makes it for a new jack, or in my case someone who stepped away to do other things?

Bottom line, I'm not looking for praise. I'm looking for insight and advice on how to improve. I don't even mind if your a douche about giving it. I'm a grown man with pretty thick skin, and being a smart ass isn't knock on me, it's a knock on the other person's insecurities and their need to vent because their own lives lack meaning. All I want is feedback on what I need to do, and what I can do to improve my filming, lines and mindset to produce better quality stuff. If a person can't give it, as Stevie didn't, they're just wasting bandwidth.

~~~~~~~~~

Now that that's done, to Amphan, Deacon and Briden...you're feedback is most welcome. I'll definitely watch my underflipping fetish. Bad habit that still lingers from playing the game competitively. Thanks for the insight, fellas. I'll take it all into account when I start on my next montage.

Boo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.