Thread: Cap Cards.

XBL
    x1mmortal

Default Cap Cards.

Been thinking about getting one for a while now. I'd love to get back into filming, photos, etc.

Some that I've seen that look good:

-Roxio
    -Elgato
    -HD PVR (does that count?)

Keeping in mind that I want to get decent quality but not spend a fortune, any advice or suggestions would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

I have the Elgato. It's very, very easy to use and has great quality, you can change how you want your quality to look. Also, I bought it when it first came out for $160. Now it's $180. But still all worth it. Do not get a Roxio, it may be the cheapest of all of these but it is cheaper for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Roxio works just fine for me, 60 bucks with discounts and you get this quality = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyvhXv_pEZI

and right now you can get it for 50 bucks, holiday deal I guess. Link here = http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/...e=roxmachinima
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Wow man. I must be thinking of the wrong Roxio, I got one a while ago and it was so bad that I returned it. It didn't look anything like that. It was 30 bucks on amazon.
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Sounds more like you got an easy cap, but you get what you paid for, haha. The Elgato is definitely the way to go if you got the benjamins, I just couldn't drop that much for one and I saw Tilburr's videos, he uses a Roxio, and I was sold on it because of it's low cost and decent quality. It's not the best, but it's decent enough.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

XBL
    x1mmortal

Thanks guys. Looked up the elgato and it looks great. Seems to only be 3 cords, right? USB cord to the computer or labtop, HDMI cable from the console, and another HDMI cable going into the T.V. Main issue is the price, but like you said, Muhzzy, you're paying for what you get. HD PVR seems chunky and seems to have problems from what I've heard, but same quality as the Elgato, more or less. Roxio looks fine but I can be a stickler for quality, especially if it's my own. I feel I'll get the Elgato but if money's tight I'll go with the Roxio.
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Definitely go with the Elgato then, with the Roxio you just plug the component cables from the tv, into the device, then a usb cord into your computer or laptop. You still play games in HD, but it captures in 480p. HDMI cables only work for the 'Pro' Roxio. I love it, but I'd get an Elgato over it, if I had a choice.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 12-06-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Yeah man. 3 cords. Very easy to use, very easy to set up. It's ALWAYS recording even if you don't push record. Kinda hard to explain how that works, search it up and read about that feature. It's really cool. And you can live stream with the push of one button
    Keep Rolling...I am.

XBL
    x1mmortal

Alright, once again, thanks guys. Can't wait. Sucks I have to fix my laptop as well before I can even use the damn thing, but oh well.
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

XBL
    emericaridr11

you just missed Bestbuy's $100 PVR Sale by like a week, bummer

high to low price

$180- Elgato HD: less cords/small/hdmi/1080p/Great Application

$170- HD Pvr Rocket: less cords/small/usb/1080p/built in mic for commentary/save to usb (or external harddrive)

$160- Avermedia Live Gamer Portable: less cords/hdmi/1080p

$160- HD Pvr 2 (1512): less cords/hdmi/1080p

$150- HD Pvr 2 Gaming Edition: less cords/hdmi/1080p

$150- HD Pvr (1212): more cords/bigger/component/720p
    (but can be found cheaper)

$120- Avermedia Game Capture HD: component/1080p/save to usb (or external harddrive)

$120- Roxio Game Capture HD Pro: component and hdmi/1080p/cheaper

for me Im going to stick with the Pvr's or go with Elgato because Elgato's EyeTv program just cant be beat for me, and most pvrs work with that same program
    looking into a Elgato myself, Im sick of component (old hd pvr 1212) and want hdmi

for you I would honestly probs go.... 1. Avermedia game capture hd or, 2. Roxio Hd Pro, if your on a budget.......
    or just craigslist a pvr or elgato, you will find shit cheap there usually

Got Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle with Thunderbolt...higher price class, but definately worth every buck

Edit: Had the Avermedia aswell, but it broke with a firmware update, didnt start anymore. I guess thats not what usually should happen though...

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    Got Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle with Thunderbolt...higher price class, but definately worth every buck

Edit: Had the Avermedia aswell, but it broke with a firmware update, didnt start anymore. I guess thats not what usually should happen though...
    wished I had usb 3.0 Shuttle looks DOPE

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

i got the Hauppauge years ago for like $200 and everything else is better so just don't get that

edit: well, i guess they made a new one. http://www.hauppauge.com/site/websto...duct=hdpvr2_ge
    STREET
    BEERZ

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i want an elgato. but my hdpvr was an easy set up and simple to use. i got it for a deal. i wouldnt recommend it at full cost

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Anybody ever hear about Black Magic Intensity products? Im saving up for it right now....

The quality of the product is on another level of what is offered and what you can capture ie resolutions/formats. and priced fairly against competitors.

I also came across this....http://ptbi.metaclassofnil.com/#faq Using BlackMagic Intensity + program in provided link.(Check it out, quite interesting)
    You can enable AA(Anti-Aliasing) + more....sharpen up your older games/clean up the edges technically.

the Intensity seems like candy.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    Anybody ever hear about Black Magic Intensity products? Im saving up for it right now....

The quality of the product is on another level of what is offered and what you can capture ie resolutions/formats. and priced fairly against competitors.

I also came across this....http://ptbi.metaclassofnil.com/#faq Using BlackMagic Intensity + program in provided link.(Check it out, quite interesting)
    You can enable AA(Anti-Aliasing) + more....sharpen up your older games/clean up the edges technically.

the Intensity seems like candy.
    at the time I didnt have a Comp with PCIe Slots.... now that I do the Pro looks pretty dope
    always wanted a Shuttle over PVR... me and Bladder used to chat a bit about it, but again at the time I didnt have PCIe or USB 3.0

the Idea of having the CapCard in my actual Tower is tight to me

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    Got the Intensity Shuttle with Thunderbolt and it works like a charm. Gotta check that Prog out you linked, sounds interesting fo sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    Got the Intensity Shuttle with Thunderbolt and it works like a charm. Gotta check that Prog out you linked, sounds interesting fo sure.
    Yo do a Skate test with the program if you can use it! So I can drool for no reason lol