Thread: Street Part - skate 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i usually use 14mm lens, which lens do you suggest for me? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galopes View Post
    It all depends on the person. I use 13. Sometimes 10. Use whatever you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

i enjoyed it. nice edit as well. a few panbacks but plenty of shit made up for it. i like your style.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by galopes View Post
    when i'm filming follow shots in skate 3, i use 15 usually, and then 13 on single tricks; but thats what works for me personally, as people in the thread have already told you. as far as technique goes, i think a lot of what people are saying is "off" is that, at least to me, it seems like you're trying to force a few of your angles and filming paths, leading to a couple of somewhat weird jerky motions in your filmer and skater where you have to suddenly speed up or slow down to get the angle you REALLY want, and that can ruin immersion a bit. usually what i'll do (and i'm sure other people do this too) is i'll have a filmer's path through a line planned out ahead of time so i can have a better idea of where my filmer wi be during certain points of the line, and the i'll adjust a few keyframes later. it might help if you figure out where your first and last key frames will go, i know that works for some people.

also, dont be afraid to let your character leave the center of the frame if you're doing a line with a lot of turns or small adjustments. rule of thirds makes shots more interesting to look at, after all, dont be afraid to let he subject explore the frame a little. for example, if you're doing a wide turn in a line, let your filmer cut the corner! dont feel like you have to glue yourself to your skater. or if you're doing a trick, accentuate tweaks by placing them as the focal point just out of the center of the frame. these are things easier to pick up with practice though. between watching videos and making them, before long youll lean what to do and what not to do and you'll begin to develop the style and quirks to filming that suit YOU.

i hope this was at least a little helpful, and feel free to let me know if i seem like im talking out my ass or anything! you seem like youre one of the better new guys weve had around in a while and i always love seeing others improve.

XBL
    emericaridr11

snails comment is great, I will say one thing though......

DONT let anyone tell you what MM to use, use fucking 62 for follow cams if you like the way it looks, dont let other peoples preferences drive you

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    DONT let anyone tell you what MM to use, use fucking 62 for follow cams if you like the way it looks, dont let other peoples preferences drive you
    that