Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
i have no problem not being a pussy and showing kids how the real world works and pain is def a part of it. i HATE how overprotective our society has become. the nannystate is just the first letter in a evergrowing book of people not allowing kids to run free and explore the world.

i have no problem with the kid being knocked down from the ramp. only problem here is the kicker/father. This is small potatoes compared to what kids have endured historically, but that doesnt excuse anything. Ideally, the kid should know his father as a non-kicker.. but hell survive. like our previous generations of ancestors.

so. dont misunderstand my point.. i agree this was over the line. but i hate overprotection. and i hate the flock of sheep joining in to collectivly back up the nannies.
Fuck that. While I agree with hating over protection and the false sense excuse of "things are worse now" bullshit. It equally sucks using the excuse of "generations before us made bad decisions so I'm cool with it"

We aren't talking about honing our survival skills in the wild here. This is a fun activity that was motivated by the dad's greed only. Don't mistake it my friend.

Edit: after re-reading your comment I know you aren't condoning the fathers actions. And your comment on "everyone jumping in" everyone SHOULD jump in. That's how we learn. Almost every girl I have known has had some form of rape happen to her. It ain't the same dude doing it. Maybe if "everyone jumped in" we would lose that ancestral trait. I firmly believe that this video going viral, this discussion we all are having, is positive and better things and awareness are happening.