Thread: Beer. We all love it. What's your favorite?

Default Beer. We all love it. What's your favorite?

Tell me your favorite brands or types of beer that you enjoy a lot. Always cool trying new beer, I'm sure some of you guys know some good brands out there that I may have neve heard of. Even if it's super common, let me know!

I myself am a huge fan of Yuengling, which is America's oldest operating brewing company. It's a lager and has a rich amber color to it and medium-bodied flavor. It's brewed with roasted caramel malt for a subtle sweetness and a combination of cluster and cascade hops, giving it a well-balanced taste. When I was in Texas and Mississippi when training for the Air Force, not a lot of people I met over there knew what Yuengling was, and they didn't even sell it over there, so I guess it's more of an East Coast beer, but I highly reccomend trying this beer out. Nothing like having an ice cold Yuengling after a long day.

And Coors Light or Corona will do just fine too, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

I like a shit ton of brews. I love ipas. I really like dockstreet. Dogfish 90 min. Guinness. Murphy's. Boddington's. I love microbrews too. Not a big fan of mead.

Alright here's a lesson for you americans!
    this

this shit is liquid gold mixed with nectar of the gods.
    It's a heavy tripel, which normally tastes quite bitter (like westmalle or leffe), but this one has the freshness of weissbier mixed with fruity flavours but still has it's good full heavy taste of a tripel.
    that yuengling sounds pretty good too though!
    Last edited by SK8ERatWAR; 06-03-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

XBL
    TheDietTea

Don't think I can play favorites, there aren't many beers I've disliked.
    These are pretty good I guess.
    Raging Bitch. Belgian Style Pale Ale. 8.3% Alch. Makes it pretty crazy.

Bluemoon. Belgian Style Wheat Ale.

I try something new every once in a while, just two on rotation.

they serve that raging bitch beer here at a local bar, never tried it though! stupid ass name for a beer..

Gonna have to try that Triple Karmeliet out. And I can probably get that Higland beer where I'm at now. I see it's from North Carolina, I'm in SC, gonna search for it. And Stella Artois is a great beer as well.
    Keep Rolling...I am.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    they serve that raging bitch beer here at a local bar, never tried it though! stupid ass name for a beer..
    Haha right..
    Don't drink it for the taste, I've come to enjoy the stronger ones.
    More about the alch content when I have one though.
    Blackbeard stout is another decent strong beer, 5.2 % or something like that.

5.2 is strong lol? But I too rather enjoy the strong beers, I rarely even drink normal beers anymore. Doubles, Tripels, Quadrupels, weissbeers, etc. or a hertog jan (duke john literally translated) grand prestige! which has 10% alcohol

I like Killians Irish Red and Irish Stout
    I also like Red Stripe, dos equis, Fat Tire, mostly darker lagers
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

PBRs 4ever
    STREET
    BEERZ

XBL
    Stokenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Muhzzy View Post
    Gonna have to try that Triple Karmeliet out. And I can probably get that Higland beer where I'm at now. I see it's from North Carolina, I'm in SC, gonna search for it. And Stella Artois is a great beer as well.
    Yeah, they're in Asheville, NC. I'm sure you can find it down in SC somewhere, they might have a dealer list on their website. If you have a specialty beer store, I'm sure they can order it for you too. It's so good, been my favorite beer for a long, long time. Nothing compares.

Too many favorites all over the spectrum.

I love just about anything from Samuel Smith's brewery. Mostly the Oatmeal Stout and Nut Brown Ale.

Often compared to Heineken (which I also like) Grolsch is one of my milder favorites. Usually reserved for drinking with my father lol.

The guys at Bell's make my favorite summer ale (not too fruity and refreshing.)
    Just about everything SG mentioned plus LowenBrau, Hop Devil, guinness black lager, and a slew of others.... I'll be back
    Last edited by Legba; 06-04-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

dear god Oberon is so fucking tasty. Living in the beer state, drinking local is very easy for me. MKE brewing, Lakefront, Leinie's, Miller, the always delicious Spotted Cow (among the other good New Glarus beers).
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Granka View Post
    haha damn G, you know what's up. Been my Favourite since years. Good Beer is definately one of the few things we can be proud of here in Austria

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

At first i thought this thread was J/K'ing because the first post was yuengling

then someone posted oberon and my hope was restored. then someone from my team seconded the oberon, which was nice, cuz now i don't have to kick him off the team.

I am more of a sampler. Idk that i have a "Favorite", it's all about what pique's my interest or what style mood i'm in. My foremost faves are usually whatever i brewed (narcissist, i know)

I use an app called Untappd to track what i've tried and collect badges/trophies based on styles/locations.

here's my untappd screener of my current stats.... aka i love beer

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    At first i thought this thread was J/K'ing because the first post was yuengling
    ouch
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Muhzzy View Post
    ouch
    I have to give you credit though, because that was the most legit and in depth review of yeungling i've ever read.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

yuengling since day 1. always has been always will be.

but...
    my local cheap beer that tastes like a richer miller high life is national bohemian. shit is superb. even lightly warn it still has a flavor. still has a crisp american ale tatse.

we love it so much its our unofficial sponsor for our talk show. and now that my buddy is the pr guy for baltimore pbr(they bought boh last year) we have been getting cases for all our events...

today my new bike arrives in the mail...i will be drinking a 40oz of this on the porch waiting.

SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

yuengling since day 1. always has been always will be.

but...
    my local cheap beer that tastes like a richer miller high life is national bohemian. shit is superb. even lightly warn it still has a flavor. still has a crisp american ale tatse.

we love it so much its our unofficial sponsor for our talk show. and now that my buddy is the pr guy for baltimore pbr(they bought boh last year) we have been getting cases for all our events...

today my new bike arrives in the mail...i will be drinking a 40oz of this on the porch waiting.

SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

XBL
    crni1976

Although I am not a beer connoisseur (far from it), being from Belgium, I am fortunate enough to have a wide and superb selection of national beers to choose from. Unfortunately, it seems most Belgian beers are not well marketed, with only a handful (though therefore not necessarily the best ones) getting international attention or acclaim.

That being said, I personally pretty much prefer my beer dark and sweet, as I do several other pleasures in life, with the following being my usual beverages of choice:

Leffe Brown: "Leffe Brown is an authentic abbey beer. Both its deep, dark brown colour and its full, slightly sweet flavour can be ascribed to the use of darkly roasted malt, making every sip just as exceptional as the last. In a few words: sharp and full-bodied. 6,5%" (by courtesy of the brewery)

Grimbergen Double: "The mixture of different sorts of malt creates its typical crimson “Burgundy” colour. Grimbergen Double is a bittersweet beer with plenty of abundance and touches of caramel. It is a very rich beer with a double fermentation that can be enjoyed to the fullest in one's spare time. 6,5 %"

a grimbergen double certainly is very a tasty beer and you´re right about the marketing, they should be marketed better, most belgian beers are better than any dutch beers. Especially like heineken or bavaria or something like that, those taste like fucking water. I really don´t know why those two brands are so well known around the world..

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Jebo: Damn right, I love those Gösser
    Roc: I use Untappd too, sent you a friend invite. Stevland introduced me to the app some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Granka View Post
    Jebo: Damn right, I love those Gösser
    Roc: I use Untappd too, sent you a friend invite. Stevland introduced me to the app some time ago.
    accepted.

I'm friends with Stev. i like watching the stuff he posts cuz every once in awhile i recognize it as a cheapy from here and it's like special import over there haha
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter