Thread: I wanna come back

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Default I wanna come back

Hey everybody, I doubt any of you guys will remember me, I used to play and film back when the official forums where up, and aint really done anything since the servers and reels went down.

But come later today, when I open my long awaited present from my lovely GF, I will have a capture card, and am desperate to return to the community.

Im mainly posting because alot of these threads are years old, but are still being posted on and I am a little confused about what projects are active, and which are dead...

So, is anything happening at the moment that I could contribute to? Are there any teams interested in me, or in appraising my stuff?

Thanks for reading this broken ass post, its early AM, Christmas day, and I had a really good Christmas Eve...

Awful Awfuls!

Well, Merry (Belated) Christmas to you, and welcome back.

There's threads that are still commented on, so there's still life as long you have opinions, a cap card, and thumbs.

Active projects would just be people typically posting solos and minis, to a lesser extent, and to an even LESSER extent - if Halcyon's Seeds is any indication - full length videos. Things have mostly been dead because of EA shutting down the site and graphics and such, and for a time, the ability to upload clips to YouTube for PS3 players, The last feature has come back; for how long remains to be seen.

I can't tell you if there's anything happening at the moment (mostly 'cause I wouldn't know), but there's teams that are still active looking for new people. I'd say get out there and show 'em what you got, but take your time. You don't have to rush to get yourself back out there.

Hope this helps.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Thats awesome news to hear.

I have my capture card now so give me a few days to figure it out, and I will be starting to put some work in.

Is it still possible to have online freeskate's with other people? I literally have no-one on my friends list that stll plays...

Awful Awfuls!

You can still have online free skate sessions with people. That hasn't lost a beat. Also, you can still download created parks if you want. You'd have to go through Team Finder or friends' profiles (or Recently Played) to access them.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

be cool and make a solo

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Filming has already begun! Im going do this whole one in the game-world, then Im thinking of doing my best to make a lil solo of each new park that goes up in the creator section.

Also, thanks for the info on the private sessions, but I have another, Im guessing there is no way to do graphics anymore? No glitchy side-entrances to the uploader?

Awful Awfuls!

Good to hear you're filming again. Unfortunately, there is no way to do graphics anymore. When EA shut down the site, they took the graphics with them and every graphic that was posted on this site no longer exists. Someone posted a Top 10 of GC artists in the Graphics section. You can look at those to get a small sample of what was made while you were away, but again, no way to obtain them.

EDIT: Unless you have someone on your Friends List that has a graphic you want, you can simply download their character into one of the team member slots available to you in the game.
    Last edited by Amphan; 12-27-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Those heartless mofo's.

Side note, anyone on (xbox) tonight?

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

Good to hear your filming again, looking forward to seeing your vid whenever it's finished. No need to rush though just take your time and get some bangers.

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    be cool and make a solo
    ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Seeing the Light
    PSN
    arthurnunes98

What up guys i just joined this as u can see cuz i was tired of playing alone and saving footage so im lookin for help now cuz here in brazil no one plays this game anymore so i want to be part of this community and start making montages..BUT as I said I live in brazil so i have no capture cards and no dlcs are available to download so if someone could help me with this problem i promise that ill keep this shit alive

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Thanks for all the support guys! Its nice to see that this place is still welcoming.

I think im at around 1:30 worth of footage right now, got a few game nights on GTA for XBOX ONE, but as soon as they are over I can get some more goodness.
    I don't know if its just me, but does anybody tend to skate through the exact same sections while roaming around? I wanna wander off and find something I forgot about and I always end up seeing the same things...

Need some fresh ideas for old spots I guess.

Edit: Does anyone here play GTA on XBOX ONE? We are doing some capture sessions this Thursday (01/01/2015) if anyone is interested. Details can be found here;

http://gtaforums.com/topic/758040-vm...uary-1st-2015/
    Last edited by TheIronz; 12-30-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Quote Originally Posted by arthurnunes98 View Post
    What up guys i just joined this as u can see cuz i was tired of playing alone and saving footage so im lookin for help now cuz here in brazil no one plays this game anymore so i want to be part of this community and start making montages..BUT as I said I live in brazil so i have no capture cards and no dlcs are available to download so if someone could help me with this problem i promise that ill keep this shit alive
    I don't know how I could help you really... I would love to have a freeskate with you but beyond that I don't know what more anyone could do.
    Trying to film a whole montage in Online freeskate would either be very, very long... Or terrible.

Seeing the Light
    PSN
    arthurnunes98

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronz View Post
    I don't know how I could help you really... I would love to have a freeskate with you but beyond that I don't know what more anyone could do.
    Trying to film a whole montage in Online freeskate would either be very, very long... Or terrible.
    There is actually a way to do this but no one would do i guess, cuz u only do that with friends and stuff, the only way for me having dlcs filmer pack and stuff is if someone borrowed the account so i can download them. Well i guess im just gonna wait haha its no cool to do that i guess

Seeing the Light
    PSN
    arthurnunes98

There is actually a way to do this but no one would do i guess, cuz u only do that with friends and stuff, the only way for me having dlcs filmer pack and stuff is if someone borrowed the account so i can download them. Well i guess im just gonna wait haha its no cool to do that i guess

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Yeah that is a very big ask of somebody, Im not saying that your not legit and would allow it to be transferred back, but even a 10% chance is too much for me.

Sorry arthurnunes, but like I said, if you wanna go freeskate I could grab a few clips for you to make a teaser trailer or something...

Seeing the Light
    PSN
    arthurnunes98

Yeah that is a very big ask of somebody, Im not saying that your not legit and would allow it to be transferred back, but even a 10% chance is too much for me.

Sorry arthurnunes, but like I said, if you wanna go freeskate I could grab a few clips for you to make a teaser trailer or something...
    Well lets play then haha add me dude

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Quote Originally Posted by arthurnunes98 View Post
    Well lets play then haha add me dude
    Is your gamer tag the same as your forum name? I will be on an hour or so for a while if your around...