Thread: SkateFluckit Upgrades/Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SkateFluckit Upgrades/Future

With Xbox Backwards compatibility coming soon and the possibility of the Skate games coming to next gen consoles, the Skate community may be revived along with this site. But, if we want the site to be revived, we'll need some changes. Here's a list of what I think would benefit FluckIt:

1. New/more active moderation team: I know there's not much to moderate anymore but having more active mods would be a huge benefit if the site starts popping off. I'm a moderator at TheHaloForum.com and neverwintertradeforum.com so I have experience with moderation, if you need help, let me know. Or even some old heads around here would be a good asset for moderation.

2. Skate/FluckIt theme: The 'vBulletin' header has to go, we need something that represent us as FluckIt, maybe somebody with some graphic designing skills can whip up a nice header for us. The plain vBulletin theme is boring and doesn't give off a Skate Game vibe at all.

3. Social media: I run social media sites for the two forums I moderate at, and I will say that it is a huge benefit; it brings a lot of traffic to the site and is a way to gain new members, plus it gives our member's creations more recognition. Twitter, Facebook and even Google+ all help with that.

I will add to this list when more comes up or if anyone else has their opinions/thoughts. Let me know what you guys think! I tried posting this in FluckIt.News but I don't have permissions to post there, so I hope this if fine here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Steam
    Muhzy
    XBL
    Im Felly

I agree with this!

Currently working on something!...

XBL
    TheDietTea

Would be dope if people came back.
    I can't embed photos on my phone but if you go to http://antwanthepawn.weebly.com/ and graphic design, scroll down.. Did you see it already? Oh well.. Made a fluckit banner way back and it's still on there.

first off are they planning to bring the reel back up too?
    because that was the main reason for people to leave imo, so if thats not the case i can't see this to be the big revival we might hope for...
    To the theme thingy, i couldn't care less tbh, never visited fluckit for ''virtual pleasure''...
    I like it for what it is, but im sure if it really gets a revival the LB kinda sites will pop up in no time again
    Then again i wouldn't mind a different header since its just that...a header
    I think i remember fluckit having a fb site, but some weird ass ''girl'' was creeping the shit out of people so stoke took it down
    and if somebody is into the skate series how hard can it really be to find fluckit?
    just some thoughts

Awful Awfuls!

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    first off are they planning to bring the reel back up too?
    because that was the main reason for people to leave imo, so if thats not the case i can't see this to be the big revival we might hope for...
    To the theme thingy, i couldn't care less tbh, never visited fluckit for ''virtual pleasure''...
    I like it for what it is, but im sure if it really gets a revival the LB kinda sites will pop up in no time again
    Then again i wouldn't mind a different header since its just that...a header
    I think i remember fluckit having a fb site, but some weird ass ''girl'' was creeping the shit out of people so stoke took it down
    and if somebody is into the skate series how hard can it really be to find fluckit?
    just some thoughts
    dont need the reel since the xbox one has a built in cap card so anyone will be able to make videos

Quote Originally Posted by xtremezoid View Post
    dont need the reel since the xbox one has a built in cap card so anyone will be able to make videos
    yeah right, forgot about the next gen replay thing. how's it lookin with DLC? will they bring out those too?

why has gta 5 more votes then the skate series haha, people are out of their mind.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah, Xbox one has share features, assuming all the old heads will or have upgraded.
    We will also be able to play together, 360 and one.
    I'm not sure what's up with share, don't own either console but ps4 has share too right?

We've talked about the forum look in the past.
    It wouldn't hurt to change some things.
    At one point I was thinking of new forum ranks based on the skate achievements, even started making little icons to go under them. Lost the project, but that's one of many ideas that would make it look nicer.
    It's cool either way but wouldn't be hard.

XBL
    Stokenstein

There was a time when Fluckit had a homepage, a news section, and a few other features. We were premiering box art for the games before even sites like IGN, doing giveaways endorsed by EA and all kinds of cool stuff.

At the time it really made sense to keep the site looking nice but it is pretty slow now. If traffic increases or Skate 4 is announced (which doesn't seem likely) or a promising skateboarding game, we'll adjust for that. We've been here since 2006 and won't be leaving anytime soon and we'll adapt as things happen.

I am still on here more than prople may realize, I just usually lurk. There are a few things we'll be looking into soon like the avatar issues and some people's comments posting twice.

I sure hope backwards compatibility brings some new people in.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

From tge looks of it s3 is going to make the bc cut on the xbone. But I still wonder about online play and dlc. Either way I doubt it will bring many new peeps here. I'm keeping my 360 (aka my skate box) but I will probably buy another copy and a xbone anyways

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Thanks for the replies, guys. I do also want to add that I love this site as it is, but this was just an idea if anything pops off in the skate community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

XBL
    TheDietTea

The people here are all that matters but not to say we shouldn't want anything.
    There's a lot of talent around so I know we're more than capable of an upgrade.
    If you really want new people here it would help but only slightly.
    Even if they came for the looks they would stay for our content and feedback.
    The looks dont really matter but it could be another way to express our love for the series.

I've run into quite a few realistic skaters on the game lately who don't film at all. If they were to get an Xbox one I could seem them gaining interest in a community like fluckit. So yeah.. Entirely possible new people will find us.

PSN
    pifachu
    XBL
    crazy willy 94

not against any of those idea... but i like the look of the forum.. it remind me of what skateboard is all about, doing your thing no matter how it look has long as you have fun, simple and practical

if we were to changer the banner i want it to be nyjah/big element logo/nike/bam margera jumping grocery cart... you know thing that really matter to skateboarding...

i have not been here for a long time and i dont post much, but i like the how people respect each other (pretty relative to the fact that were not much) so i dont think a huge change in moderating is needed.. but i may be wrong... but i will accept any change

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    From tge looks of it s3 is going to make the bc cut on the xbone. But I still wonder about online play and dlc. Either way I doubt it will bring many new peeps here. I'm keeping my 360 (aka my skate box) but I will probably buy another copy and a xbone anyways
    The xbone emulates a 360, so as far as the game and live knows you're playing on a 360. Not only will online play work, but you'll be able to play with people who are still on xbox 360.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I feel like Project: Session is going to make this topic relevant again. Just sayin, while I agree we shouldn't exactly "market" or advertise this forum, P:S may bring in a lot of attention and it might be important to tighten up moderation as Mr. Muhzzy pointed out. Nothing to worry about unless it actually happens, but just something to keep in mind.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I feel like Project: Session is going to make this topic relevant again. Just sayin, while I agree we shouldn't exactly "market" or advertise this forum, P:S may bring in a lot of attention and it might be important to tighten up moderation as Mr. Muhzzy pointed out. Nothing to worry about unless it actually happens, but just something to keep in mind.
    mos definitely gonna happen lol. Once that kickstarter goes. Fuck