Thread: This place isnt that different

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Once again, thanks everyone for putting in there thoughts. I never intended to disrespect fluckit, I was just I guess stating my early opinion on my time spent here so far which has been no more than a week or so. I'm not begging for views or asking for all the attention. I'm not new to the game, just new to this place. I've been playing the skate series since the OG demo dropped at like 3-4 in the morning 5-6 yrs ago. Only difference is I unfortunately didnt have a computer to edit my clips and had no other friends at the time that played Skate the way we do. I came to fluckit cause 1. It's a lot more respectful and chill. 2. I thought I would me more open to other places. And 3. Yeah EA is done and this is the only legit spot to be involved with. I'm not a little kid. Ill be 26 next month. The only intentions were to point out the obvious that if this is the last place we'll all get together and enjoy eachothers views, opinions, gc's, park's and videos than let's actually do that.

Thank u everybody for reading all of this and commenting back. Never tried to start arguments between other forum cats.

I'll take it for what it is as mentioned above and keep at it

Peace

you on likebuttermag dude?

Can I Kick It? Techn9cianforlife's Avatar

I've been playing the skate series since day 1 of the demo, like I know a lot of you have, but never started making videos until about half way through Skate 2. Gonna be honest still don't know a lot of the guys who have been around for a while. They're all just names to me. If I enjoy the video I just watched, I'll comment. I dont care what your name is, or what team you're on, or how long you've been playing. Yes of course I have the guys I actually look for videos from..but like I said, dont care what affiliation you have. If the video is enjoyable I'm going to comment. Hell, I only have 35 subscribers to my channel, and am lucky to get 100 views. Doesn't bother me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    But, fuck scooter kids. And while I'm at it, fuck anyone who wears a "I heart Haters" t-shirt without being able to grow ballhair, or knows who OWNS DGK.
    youtube.com/techn9cian4life youtube.com/halcyonskateboards youtube.com/numbclothingtv

i apologize in advance if i offend anyone.

there simply aren't many good videos anymore.

there are a few little cliques making really good quality stuff. stuff like brickworks, halcyon, just to name a few. good cameras, good production qualities. it's clear they're trying to make something good, and succeeding.

most videos though are just a bunch of crap cut together. uninspired song choices, poor editing, things like that.

it's just not good, and mediocrity shouldn't be rewarded.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

it's the timing more than anything else really.

I know I personally check out everyone's vids once, and if I liked what I saw I'd comment + subscribe, if I didn't, then I'd wait a while before watching another one of their videos.

it feels like there hasn't been a whole lot of great stuff coming out now, there's been a few exceptions, but not a whole lot of stuff that's not been done before, sometimes it feels like everyone's doing the same thing at the same time.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

Quote Originally Posted by adda89ldn View Post
    it's the timing more than anything else really.

I know I personally check out everyone's vids once, and if I liked what I saw I'd comment + subscribe, if I didn't, then I'd wait a while before watching another one of their videos.

it feels like there hasn't been a whole lot of great stuff coming out now, there's been a few exceptions, but not a whole lot of stuff that's not been done before, sometimes it feels like everyone's doing the same thing at the same time.
    i get that feeling sometimes. i realize that any video that gets made has a level of care and effort put into it but i'd be lying if i didnt admit that alot of the time i get distracted and forget to leave feedback. for me it has always been about having fun and doing what I LIKE. if people like it and leave comments great. but if they dont thats fine as well. but i do it for me........ and your mum!