Thread: Behold the power of Social Networking!!!

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Default Behold the power of Social Networking!!!

Hey all, coming at you with my sub-amateur rapper cap on.

Long story short, never got too serious for lack of someone to be the producer in my ventures. However, I was close once until my guy had to move away. Dude, moved back, and we're back at it.

Here's the link to my little fancy facebook page, as I'm trying to get a feel for feedback of the foundations of the future functions: DonVigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

really good stuff man, I really liked the lyrics in the first song

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

-Like has been activated-
    Need to hook me up with the MP3's so I can share them with friends IRL when I'm out.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

damn dude, really sick stuff. The first song (I'm flat broke but my bills are paid) is sick! the beat is dope, did you make the instrumental for it or is it from another song? it sounds familiar... lol

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

All - Thanks guys! Been sitting on some of this for quite a while now. Good to see what it does in the light!

Pawn - Once again, a complement from someone more talented than myself. Thanks, man.

Rep - As soon as I have something polished up, I'll let you know ASAP. For now, this is all self recorded lyrics over beats. I have a producer and engineer lined up for the near future, it's nice to have friends.

Boxerman - It's from an old Beck song called Jackass. I think the beat's by someone named Panda Zandez or something. I sift through a lot of instrumentals, and since I'm not looking to make money, I feel free to use whatever I like. Thanks again, man!
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    Boxerman - It's from an old Beck song called Jackass. I think the beat's by someone named Panda Zandez or something. I sift through a lot of instrumentals, and since I'm not looking to make money, I feel free to use whatever I like. Thanks again, man!
    Haha that explains why the instrumentals were so familiar
    Really good stuff though, I'll be looking forward to hear more. Making stuff for the hell of it is always great, not expecting something big out of it. If it does, then that's always great Keep at it dude, you might get some recognition some day, who knows, right?

Very nice. I always like when people move between styles of music. Hope your original instrumentals will have some of the same elements.
    I live life on the whimsy of my feelings.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Slept on this one a couple of weeks... Yikes!!!

Thanks, Razor. There's some originality in there. That's actually me playing the guitar on Greater Depression. Used to do that as the singer in a punk band... I'm pretty well on this side of the line now... But I'd say there's going to be a lot of guitar in my work. My producer is a drummer first, but talented on keys, and plays lead guitar better than I can. I think we're going to shoot for a mix of the synth you hear now and the real grungy guitar stuff Seattle is known for. I wouldn't call it rock rap, but the sound I like is a touch more in that direction.