Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPOT OF THE WEEK - By CAP Faction

I'd be happy to judge on the XBOX side if you need me to OS.. This pending the advice to get me on the skate service works. Been battling out with EA.
    Poppin' Wood - Under construction building champions since 5-11-2010

LMSL Parks founder - CAP Faction XBOX division member.

Amateur Flucker

Quote Originally Posted by old-skooler-34 View Post
    Hmm, what are you trying to move the whole park to another location? (copy / drag). If so it might just be all funny merging with the "windows" that won't allow you to do it. I don't think I put the park on an angle unless the first piece caught a mild snapped angle when I placed it.
    yeah, it seemed like one piece got placed at a very slight angle and then everything else just followed suit. no worries, though. i just went through and straightened everything.

btw, i love this idea! i just hope i can get some inspiration by friday. hah

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by obiwankenolte View Post
    yeah, it seemed like one piece got placed at a very slight angle and then everything else just followed suit. no worries, though. i just went through and straightened everything.

btw, i love this idea! i just hope i can get some inspiration by friday. hah
    I also love the idea, wish I could enter haha!

Jsmith, would love you to be a judge, but only if you can make it definite. I'll also be needing a permanent Xbox judge, someone willing to do it every week and find 2 others..

Yah, I would love to be a part, this share service issue has been killing me though, lets see if the advice I received works tonight and i'll post back and go from there. If I still can't gain access, I won't be the bad apple, I'll turn the position down.

okey this is my atempt at the SOTW.
    so this is basicly a posh hotel called grove hotel and it has one main spot the 12 set. i purposely made there very little to skate because at a spot there isent always loads of skatable stuff (well from what ive seen) but there are some small obsticals you can hit.

link

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...itemId=1910429

over to the pics now

the main stair set and rails

thanks for reading

p.s sorry for any bad spelling :P
    Videos
    Parks
    (Alliance founder. Pandora team member)
    "I can speak and spell Spanish"

Well the forum advice didn't work for me and after a 45 minute phone call with EA tech support, the best they could do last night was get my skate online service visually working again, I still however am getting nation errors when uploading or downloading anything so I guess for now i'll just sit on the sidelines.

Supposedly they moved my case from a tier 1 call to a tier 3 call, whatever that means in ea mumbo jumbo, they are supposed to call me back within 48hrs with more detailed support. As popular a game as skate with a dedicated fanbase, this just amazes me.

Blazing a Trail

Looks real good Platypus, be sure to post it on LB - http://likebuttermag.com/forum/topics/spot-of-the-week so the xbox judges can grab it.

Jsmith, that seriously sucks man. I know a lot of guys been having issues but yours seems worse? Maybe its because your still on XBOX
    I PM'ed you my email

Looks real good Platypus, be sure to post it on LB - http://likebuttermag.com/forum/topics/spot-of-the-week so the xbox judges can grab it.
    yeh i have just made one wating for it to be validated
    Videos
    Parks

So my idea was the front of a, hospital , with the emergency door handicap ramp , and bunch of custom ledges and benches , with some slight brick banks around the spot to keep ur flowhttp://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...itemId=1278563 the emergency enterance handicap ramp/ rail to bank a bunch of custom ledges and building detail a look at the whole spot
    create it and skate it !

Amateur Flucker

I'm pretty much done with my SOTW entry, but apparently I can't post anything with URLs until I have at least 10 posts.

btw, will there be one overall winner or will there be a PS3 winner and a XBOX winner?

Blazing a Trail

I'm pretty much done with my SOTW entry, but apparently I can't post anything with URLs until I have at least 10 posts.

btw, will there be one overall winner or will there be a PS3 winner and a XBOX winner?
    also be sure to post your spots on Likebuttermag.com SOTW thread.

There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner for both Xbox and PS3 (total 6).

I started working on my entry last week and then my job packed hours on me. I'm gunna try and finish it after work tonight and friday after work, but that doesn't give me much time. Are there late enrties I don't want this to have been a wasted effort
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

Yes You Can!

Mine'll be late too. I went and made the mistake of getting a super awesome job that has me working a lot of hours, which means I have not a lot of hours to do this.

Blazing a Trail

Can't really extend the do date / time. BUT, the official judging will begin when I get the time to play on Saturday and have both judges with me in a sesh. Before that sesh starts I'll be checking the forums for entries, if you there, you'll get judged.

XBOX 360 ALL DLC

Link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...itemId=1917674
    Here's my SOTW entry, I didn't sleep to finish it lol.

Its supposed to be like a main entrance/courtyard for a bunch of high paying business buildings. Normally off limits to non employees, Richie Richards (skater in pictures) made copies of his entrance key so people can skate it when they feel like getting a quick line before security gets em.

K grind the bench into a gap over the rail.

Richie's about to get a heelflip out of this 5-0 behind the main building.

Smith grinds all around the curved bench, (To be fair duce nls originally had the idea for a curved bench months ago in a collab park we made. I just moded out the idea so it would have a back and supports among other things)

Bank to manny on the arch

Big tre flip down the 4 set.

Backside flip down big 5
    Last edited by Ohmidineffect; 08-12-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Holy fuck, omhid wins... loved it

Quote Originally Posted by xRiverKing View Post
    Holy fuck, omhid wins... loved it
    AGREED!!!!
    this is beautiful OH!!!!
    Videos
    Parks

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

wow, really like ohmidineffect's submission, i'll have to try that out

Amateur Flucker

i just finished my entry, but i keep getting EA Nation error messages when i try to upload it. is anyone else having this issue or have a possible solution???

Fluckit Master

i just finished my entry, but i keep getting EA Nation error messages when i try to upload it. is anyone else having this issue or have a possible solution???
    just keep trying man samething happened to me
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Amateur Flucker

Quote Originally Posted by Ladd279 View Post
    just keep trying man samething happened to me
    OK thanks!

if it comes down to the wire, when is the actual deadline to get these spots posted? (i'm on central time)

Blazing a Trail

midnight / sat. morning , I'm personally not being strict on the time, this time around at least..

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

i want to skate ohmid's park

Amateur Flucker

midnight / sat. morning , I'm personally not being strict on the time, this time around at least..
    like i said, it's done so i'll just upload it as soon as EA gets this shit fixed.

thanks for the props guys! It's my baby!

Blazing a Trail

like i said, it's done so i'll just upload it as soon as EA gets this shit fixed.
    Ah, forgot about the EA thing.. dont worry, just try to get things up as soon as you can guys (within reason, sotw-2 will be posted soon.)

Awful Awfuls!

I dunno wats supposed to happen man, i still havent talked to marco and its saturday morning...

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by I sever heads View Post
    I dunno wats supposed to happen man, i still havent talked to marco and its saturday morning...
    Don't worry about it just yet sever, seems a lot of guys are running late anyway with their entries. Soon as you guys can get together is fine (or message him with what you think). I know Budduh, Jebotek, and myself already have a good idea of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but waiting for a couple guys to get their spots up.

Amateur Flucker

EA finally came through, ehh?

S.O.T.W. entry

title: money
    builder: obiwankenolte
    link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...itemId=1283506

enjoy!

Blazing a Trail

Ohmidineffect Wins!

also i didnt make a spot this week but will next

Wow I like obiwan's a lot too. Detailing is awesome (like the circular design in first pic).. and all his fences look incredible (second last picture, I can't tell how).

Yes You Can!

I went and looked at the LBM thread and all of the parks that really blow the competition away are from Fluckit XD

I wish I'd managed to finish mine but at least I worked out a really awesome starting point for a new park.

I really REALLY wanna skate obiwans park lets see what ps3 does

obi and ohmid all they way

Blazing a Trail

I'm seriously surprised at the lack of XBOX entries????????? Are X'boxer's having troubles uploading? Due date was this past Friday and on the PS3 side we extended it to "end of weekend" do to uploading issues. Judging on the 6 entries is done on PS3 side, winners will be announced soon.

Just the 2 entries for Xbox? Judging isn't just by looks so I need conformation on whether or not the xbox parks have skate ability, flow, unique hits, etc.

SOTW-2 is all ready to go, just need to figure out whats up with the xbox side, do we need 2 weeks rather then 1?

Blazing a Trail

I don't know about everyone else but I didn't enter this week because I moved houses and haven't gotten my internet set up yet....fucking sudden link dude if all goes well ill be all over next weeks sotw. Im too drunk to type on this phone!

I wanna see number two already. And one week is good. It gives enough pressure to create something out of your comfort zone.

Stopped Pushing Mongo SpadedOne's Avatar

I was going to try my hand at this but everytime I entered park editor my xbox would freeze after about 10 seconds. I tried re-downloading it and got the same result.
    I also noticed that the last park I uploaded never showed up on skate nation. It says I've posted 4 parks, yet it only shows 3. When I tried to re-upload the park it says its already been uploaded. Im having all sorts of fun dealing with ea nation.
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Quote Originally Posted by SpadedOne View Post
    I was going to try my hand at this but everytime I entered park editor my xbox would freeze after about 10 seconds. I tried re-downloading it and got the same result.
    happens to me alllllll the time :L

Awful Awfuls!

I'm seriously surprised at the lack of XBOX entries????????? Are X'boxer's having troubles uploading? Due date was this past Friday and on the PS3 side we extended it to "end of weekend" do to uploading issues. Judging on the 6 entries is done on PS3 side, winners will be announced soon.

Just the 2 entries for Xbox? Judging isn't just by looks so I need conformation on whether or not the xbox parks have skate ability, flow, unique hits, etc.

SOTW-2 is all ready to go, just need to figure out whats up with the xbox side, do we need 2 weeks rather then 1?
    Hey man i gotta say sorry on my part, my internets been so fucked up... But it is on and working atm so i can finally dl. I gotta agree with u though, 2 xbox entrees? Thats fuckin lame! Either way i still havent talked to marco or even know who the other judge was. I guess i can just tell u which one i like better out of the 2. Ill send a pm in a lil