Quote Originally Posted by terminallyCapricious View Post
I see people all the time that are bragging about what they have on their iPod, or only listening to music because it's the song everyone else likes. Just like fashion, people dress because that's how you're supposed to dress. A ton of people don't listen to music just because they like the music, half the time they don't even like it.
One example of this is that a song on the radio everyone pretends to "love," and then after a week the song is "old" and thus they no longer like it. REAL music doesn't feel dated.
People use music as a way to say "Oh hay look at me I'm cool" instead of actually finding something they really connect with and feel for. I mean, listen to the radio for like 10 minutes. The music they play on there is lackluster, far from creative, and everyone gobbles it up because if it's the "New thing" they want to be part of the bandwagon.
Can't agree more with this as well. I cannot stand listening to the radio with the shit music that plays. There's maybe 1-2 radio channels I occasionally listen, one which plays old classics from bands like metallica, acdc, etc. and another one which plays alternative/punk rock/indie like the offspring, modest mouse, nirvana, etc. As long as it sounds good to me, I'll listen to it, popular or not.